Sign in to follow this  
Tiara

Bid Now on Bowls Signed by Actors and Musicians on ClothesOffOurBack.Org and Help Fight Hunger

feeding.jpg

clothes-1.jpg

Bid Now on Bowls Signed by Actors and Musicians on ClothesOffOurBack.Org and Help Fight Hunger

NEW YORK, Dec. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Clothes off Our Back, the national leader in online charity auctions is hosting a celebrity charity bowl auction to benefit Feeding America, the largest domestic hunger relief charity, as part of the "Fill A Bowl, Feed America" campaign, a nationwide call to action to engage the public in the fight against hunger in America.

Celebrities including: Jennifer Aniston, David Archuleta, David Arquette, Patricia Arquette, Lance Bass, Brenda Blythen, Chris Brown, Mariah Carey, George Clooney, Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat, Courteney Cox, Matt Damon, Daughtry, Laura Dern, Josh Groban, Lukas Haas, Ben Harper, Paris Hilton, Julianne Hough, Kevin James, Thomas Jane, Wyclef Jean, Ali Landry, Annie Lennox, Demi Levato, Adam Levine (Maroon 5), Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Sarah McLachlan, New Kids On The Block (Jordan Knight, Jonathan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg and Danny Wood), Brad Paisley, Matthew Perry, Quddus Philippe - Access Hollywood, Richie Sambora, Adam Sandler, Carlos Santana, Garry Shandling, Christian Siriano, Jordin Sparks, Taylor Swift, Wanda Sykes, Chuck Wicks, Shailene Woodley, Renee Zellweger, Cast of "Old Christine", Rascal Flatts (Jay DeMarcus; Gary LeVox),The Fray (Isaac Slade, Joe King, Dave Welsh, Ben Wysocki) and Three 6 Mafia (DJ Paul) autographed bowls in support of Feeding America's "Fill A Bowl, Feed America" campaign.

The signed bowls are up for auction at http://www.clothesoffourback.org beginning today and running through December 12th.

Kraft Foods is the official sponsor of the inaugural "Fill a Bowl, Feed America" campaign and has pledged a matching grant of up to $200,000 for donations made online at http://www.feedingamerica.org

The current state of the economy is making it increasingly difficult for working Americans to make ends meet. Today, one in eight Americans do not always know where they will get their next meal. Feeding America's network of 205 food banks are reporting an average increase in demand of 15 to 20 percent and higher, with many reporting that they are now providing emergency food to people who were once donors. Children, seniors, and the working poor make up the majority of the 25 million Americans that our network food banks and more than 63,000 agencies currently feed -- but there are more than 36 million Americans at risk of hunger with the number growing everyday.

The Complete List of Celebrity Signed Bowls Includes:

-- Jennifer Aniston

-- David Archuleta

-- David Arquette

-- Patricia Arquette

-- Lance Bass

-- Philip Bloch

-- Brenda Blythen

-- Chris Brown

-- Mariah Carey

-- George Clooney

-- Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat

-- Courteney Cox

-- Matt Damon

-- Daughtry

-- Laura Dern

-- Josh Groban

-- Lukas Haas

-- Ben Harper

-- Paris Hilton

-- Julianne Hough

-- Kevin James

-- Thomas Jane

-- Wyclef Jean

-- Ali Landry

-- Annie Lennox

-- Demi Levato

-- Adam Levine (Maroon 5)

-- Julia Louis-Dreyfus

-- Sarah McLachlan

-- New Kids On The Block (Jordan Knight, Jonathan Knight, Joey McIntyre,

Donnie Wahlberg and Danny Wood)

-- Brad Paisley

-- Matthew Perry

-- Quddus Philippe - Access Hollywood

-- Richie Sambora

-- Adam Sandler

-- Carlos Santana

-- Garry Shandling

-- Christian Siriano

-- Jordin Sparks

-- Taylor Swift

-- Wanda Sykes

-- Chuck Wicks

-- Shailene Woodley

-- Renee Zellweger

-- Cast of "Old Christine"

-- GROUP BOWL (Arquette x2, Cox, Aniston, Shandling)

-- Rascal Flatts (Jay DeMarcus; Gary LeVox)

-- The Fray (Isaac Slade, Joe King, Dave Welsh, Ben Wysocki)

-- Three 6 Mafia (DJ Paul)

Continue to check back for more bowls by visiting http://www.clothesoffourback.org/categories.php?cPath=1_156.

AUCTION ENDS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12.

About Clothes Off Our Back:

The Clothes Off Our Back Foundation is a 501c3 organization that hosts charity auctions showcasing today's hottest celebrity attire. Items are put up for bid to the public with proceeds going to benefit children's charities. Clothes Off Our Back was founded by actors and philanthropists Jane Kaczmarek ("Malcolm In The Middle," "Raising the Bar") and Bradley Whitford ("The West Wing," "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") whose efforts, along with their celebrity and designer friends have helped improve the lives of children across the globe. For more information and to bid, log onto http://www.clothesoffourback.org

About Feeding America:

Feeding America provides low-income individuals and families with the fuel to survive and even thrive. As the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief charity, our network members supply food to more than 25 million Americans each year, including 9 million children and 3 million seniors. Serving the entire United States, more than 200 member food banks operate 63,000 agencies that address hunger in all of its forms. For more information on how you can fight hunger in your community and across the country, visit http://www.feedingamerica.org

Source: Feeding America

Count me in people. this is seriously the best you can do this year. give them your food! it's a great cause. this kind of crisis comes along every decade or so -- so give a shit! TJ

Count me in people. this is seriously the best you can do this year. give them your food! it's a great cause. this kind of crisis comes along every decade or so -- so give a shit! TJ

I just made my donation! But what I really want to know is were you planning on telling the winner of your bowl what OEMF ASEJEDA NETMH means? ;)

I just made my donation! But what I really want to know is were you planning on telling the winner of your bowl what OEMF ASEJEDA NETMH means? ;)

I hope you're kidding, kdedu.

T HO M A S J ANE

f e e d m e

hee.... B)

And this is why we love Kwiat_Skye....

Good one, K-skye :P

I'm glad you brought this to everyone's attention here, Tiara. I just posted this at my Patricia Arquette Yahoo groups this morning. (Sorry I couldn't post it here, but my internet service at home is being weird and won't let me log onto this forum- grrr :huh: -go figure)

Anyway, it's great to see celebrities who actually give a shit about something other than themselves for a change, which is why I'm such a big fan of people like Thomas and Patricia, and the rest of the Arquettes, because they do so much to help others, many less fortunate than themselves.

This is so true. Recently, especially as we've gotten closer to the holiday season, we've all been hearing more and more about the economic crisis in this country, and now a lot of people who were once supporters of charities like Feeding America are now finding themselves turning to those very same charities to help feed their own families. And many charities, particularly groups like Feeding America, are finding themselves coming up short and having to turn people away because they don't have enough food to feed them all. For a country that considers itself so advanced and so much richer than other nations in the world, this is a true tragedy. Especially when we have people trumpeting about the poor and starving in third world countries, while we have people here in our own country, a nation whose very lifestyle is one of excesses and decadence, who are starving and homeless.

As my grandmother used to say, "You need to clean up around your own doorstep before you start worrying about the mess around someone else's."

I'm not trying to take away from the problems of other countries, but the healing starts at home. If you want to save the world, start with your own little corner of it. Tomorrow you can save the rest of it. That's just my opinion.

Thomas, I'm thrilled that you and Patricia and all of the other celebrities involved have taken a part in this, and I'm happy to do my part to help. Good on ya, mate. :D

I hope you're kidding, kdedu.

T HO M A S J ANE

f e e d m e

Seriously, thanks for 'splaining - cuz I sure didn't get it! :blink:

I still can't quite make that out - :lol:

Seriously, thanks for 'splaining - cuz I sure didn't get it! :blink:

I still can't quite make that out - :lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure if I would have gotten it either, but I saw it written about at the Medium Dreams fansite about Patricia. :lol:

That Tom's a sly one, I tell ya! ;)

Jen

Yeah, I'm not sure if I would have gotten it either, but I saw it written about at the Medium Dreams fansite about Patricia. :lol:

That Tom's a sly one, I tell ya! ;)

Jen

These kinds of auctions are great because they always break the trend line of donations being down while the economy is down. If any of the posters here work for a large company, you should check with your HR department to see if they also offer matching. You could easily get a 3 to 1 on a donation combined with the Kraft donation. When I worked at Microsoft the matching had an individual matching ceiling per charity. You could amass a group donation to push the ceiling quite high, and the company was highly supportive of collective donation efforts. It is worth looking into. Based upon family circumstances I have driven across this country four times in the last 7 months. The reality of the desparate state of our economy has been apparent in rural areas since March of this year. This Christmas is already going to be about food rather than presents for the needy.

Joe

Bidding on these bowls ends about 5PM pacific time, so 8PM eastern. So less than an hour from now, if anyone out there was interested in getting in a last minute bid.

EDIT:

Auctions have ended.

I am so super jazzed right now!!! :D

I just received my Thomas Jane Feed Me bowl!

Thomas, thank you so much for doing that - and I really appreciate the way you signed it.

Clever, creative, decorative - and appropriately thematic of the cause.

I am only sorry that I was unable to contribute a higher bid ... :(

Here's to Happy Holidays and embracing more great causes to care about! :wub:

I'm glad you got it Jayesse8! You got to take a picture with it and post it here. Major coolness and congrats!

I am so super jazzed right now!!! :D

I just received my Thomas Jane Feed Me bowl.

Thomas, thank you so much for doing that - and I really appreciate the way you signed it.

Clever, creative, decorative - and appropriately thematic of the cause.

I am only sorry that I was unable to contribute a higher bid ... :(

Here's to Happy Holidays and embracing more great causes to care about! :wub:

So you're the one who beat me out!! You sneaky thing! You outbid me at the end. Good for you and congrats on winning it! I was prepared to go higher, but at the time the bidding ended, I was away from the computer and unable to check in on the final minutes of it. I started low, expecting the bidding to go much higher later on, but it didn't, and at the end, I lost out.

But I did win the bowl that Patricia signed!! Yipppeee!!! :lol: I received it a couple of days ago, and I would also like to say Thanks to Thomas and Patricia for contributing to such a worthy cause. I'm glad I was able to help out (even if it wasn't a lot). I also noticed that the bowl that Patricia signed with David and Courteney and Jennifer Aniston went for over $200!! That's awesome! So the Arquette/Jane clan made a pretty fair contribution to the Fill a Bowl, Feed America campaign. Way to go, and kudos to all of you.

@ mediumfan, Thank you! And, indeed! I was fearful of a bidding war! I am so glad that you got at least one Patricia bowl, being THE mediumfan and all. ;) The George Clooney one went for a $1000, so I think overall that auction did very well. I saw a photo today at omg.yahoo of Anne Hathaway sporting the Netflix logo and children in the Feeding America logo - so that organization is continuing to be brought to light with helpful celebrity role models and corporate attention / contribution. Yay!!!

I'm glad you got it Jayesse8! You got to take a picture with it and post it here. Major coolness and congrats!

Thanks, Tiara! Would that have to be a "photobucket" type thing, or do myspace posted photos work linked here? I'm going to search the forum for the photo tutorial posted previously ... and P.S. thank you for all of your stunning photos! You have shamed me into permanent anonymity! :lol:

Thanks, Tiara! Would that have to be a "photobucket" type thing, or do myspace posted photos work linked here? I'm going to search the forum for the photo tutorial posted previously ... and P.S. thank you for all of your stunning photos! You have shamed me into permanent anonymity! :lol:

Yes, use the link from Photobucket to post it here. Thanks for your compliment! I can't wait to see TJ's bowl...weeeeee!

@ mediumfan, Thank you! And, indeed! I was fearful of a bidding war! I am so glad that you got at least one Patricia bowl, being THE mediumfan and all. ;) The George Clooney one went for a $1000, so I think overall that auction did very well. I saw a photo today at omg.yahoo of Anne Hathaway sporting the Netflix logo and children in the Feeding America logo - so that organization is continuing to be brought to light with helpful celebrity role models and corporate attention / contribution. Yay!!!

Lol, jayesse!! I've never thought of myself as THE anything, but I guess since my name is Mediumfan, I guess that's sort of apropos. Haha!

I also noticed that the George Clooney bowl went pretty high, but that's to be expected. Still, all in all, it looks like the campaign did a pretty good job for the Feeding America organization. Again, congrats to all involved.

I love the fact that he gives to all these organizations. Shows that he is a very caring person. I give to are local food bank and all my old clothes I don't want or need I give to the womens battered shelter along with other things. To me know child or adult should have to go without food or clothing.