12 Of The Best Payback Moments in Film

Tiara

There are plenty of movies about revenge — Sweeney Todd, Revenge of the Nerds, Mad Max, Death Wish, Kill Bill, every third or fourth movie in an action franchise, and most recently, Universal Pictures’ Wanted, which comes out on DVD this Tuesday, December 2. Then there are other films that contain specific moments of satisfaction-guaranteeing payback in them.

In the action-packed Wanted, James McAvoy stars as Wes, a meek office worker whose frequent anxiety attacks make it difficult for him stand up to his abusive boss, his backstabbing best friend, and cheating girlfriend. But Wes’s life is completely changed one day when he meets the sexy assassin Fox (Angelina Jolie), who takes him under her wing and into the Fraternity, an Order of assassins. The payback begins

when Wes whacks a computer keyboard to his best friend’s face, sending the letters F.U.C.K.Y.O.U. flying into the air; it ends when Wes discovers the ultimate betrayal against him and enacts a vengeful plan that, let’s just say, involves explosives and lots of guns on those who wronged him.

To coincide with the release of Wanted and its badass moments of comeuppance, the Geeks of Doom gang got together to pool their favorite payback moments in film.

Continue reading:

http://geeksofdoom.com/2008/11/30/12-best-...revenge-scenes/

Good list, but again i have to go back to Snake--how fucking classic is the end of Escape from NY, when he SPOILER walks away, cool as hell, unspooling the tape that could have theoretically brought peace to the earth? The only thing that could potentially top that piece of vengeance is the end of Escape from LA, when he SPOILERS abound shuts down the earth?

Fucking priceless.

My top 3 in order -

Mad Max - So long Lefty Burnsides (AKA Johnny The Boy). That's for my wife, my kid, and Jim Fucking Goose, you fucking Adam Ant motherfucker. ;)

Escape From New York - Classic

Shawshank Redemption - Revenge is a dish best served in Zihuatanejo.

- TB

Damn--how could i have forgotten Max?! 'The chain on those handcuffs is high-tensil steel...' A sequence so classic, it was paid homage in a little movie we may have heard of called The Punisher--starring our very own bad-ass, Mr. Thomas Jane!

In recent years? "LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN". What about "UNFORGIVEN"?

I'm still TOTALLY unhappy with "Wanted" straying about 180 degrees in the opposite direction of the comic. It is TOTALLY different. They should have just called it something else and maybe said "loosely based on...". Pisses me off.

Guest AdminGuyX

Come on Fred . . . Curve the Bullet.

I didn't hate Wanted because it was so different than the comic. That made it easy to just sit back and take the film on it's own merits, or, it's own flaws. Which it had both. I didn't love the comic either though, and that's because of Eminem. I despise Eminem with every single fiber of my being, and the fact that they modelled the hero on him was just very annoying to me.

I was happy to see MAN ON FIRE on the list. This is one of my very favroite films.

Njc----------

Lethal Weapon 2 was pretty decent in terms of getting revenge..... "They made it personal"

But to me, the best is Shawshank Redemption

C. Thomas Howell shotgunning Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher.

I wonder if they ever shot the original ending with Howell's character shooting Ryder to death while layed out on the highway? That movie seriously needs a new DVD release already, I would have figured something would have been released when they had that shitty remake a while back.

Come on Fred . . . Curve the Bullet.

I didn't hate Wanted because it was so different than the comic. That made it easy to just sit back and take the film on it's own merits, or, it's own flaws. Which it had both. I didn't love the comic either though, and that's because of Eminem. I despise Eminem with every single fiber of my being, and the fact that they modelled the hero on him was just very annoying to me.

I was happy to see MAN ON FIRE on the list. This is one of my very favroite films.

Njc----------

Again, it's the same issue I had with the 04 Punisher. Don't stray farther than you need to. If so, CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE.

"Get away from her you bitch!"

Just watched Aliens again last night. After all the horror of the fist experience, getting lost in space, loosing her daughter to time, all the night terrors and more death, no one fucks with Newt. Ripley coming out suited up in the power loader was amazing.

The best part, it's not CG, wich it would be if filmed today.

the realisation at the end of OldBoy as to whom was actually getting revenge all along. Awesome, completely turned the movie on it's head

C. Thomas Howell shotgunning Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher.

I wonder if they ever shot the original ending with Howell's character shooting Ryder to death while layed out on the highway? That movie seriously needs a new DVD release already, I would have figured something would have been released when they had that shitty remake a while back.

Oooo! Good one, Mike! I've only seen that movie once, because Rutger Hauer makes me so upset, but it's a great movie.

How about the revenge scene/20 minute segment in Otis? I couldn't make it through that one.

Oooo! Good one, Mike! I've only seen that movie once, because Rutger Hauer makes me so upset, but it's a great movie.

How about the revenge scene/20 minute segment in Otis? I couldn't make it through that one.

You never get the feeling Sean Bean is going to rape one of the two protagonists in the remake. But in the original, I really believed Hauer was going to rape C. Thomas Howell.

Archived