Tim Bradstreet

My Bloody Valentine - 3D

I must say they did really well with the 3D effects and had a packed Central London audience laughing and shocked. The opening credits rocked !

The cinematography worked really well and the 3D gags were used only when "necessary" - which only gave them more impact :)

I see Max Penner (from Paradise FX) worked on the 3D - Good Job.

Oh and its worth staying right til the end of the credits if you want a little more 3D !

Just came back from this. What a ride! 3D was well done, some formulaic and cliched shots but they were fun. There were a few techniques I wanted to see more of (zoom shots, simple scenes with several levels/planes of focus). I really appreciate that it was filmed where the story was supposed to take place (western PA near Pittsburgh - Jusko's country!), so the inclusion of the Utz chips was fo' real. The story was unusually well crafted for a slasher flick. I normally stay far away from these movies 'cause I figure 'em out pretty quick but this one had me guessing the whole time. I giggled the whole way through - well done Todd and company!

Now I really wanna see Dark Country on my local screen!!

P.S. Whenever Kevin Tighe was onscreen, I couldn't help but wonder where's Nurse Dixie and Dr. Brackett?

The final box office tally is in for the four-day MLK weekend. And while My Bloody Valentine 3D came in at number three behind Paul Blart: Mall Cop (why?!) and Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino, the slasher remake grossed $24.2 million. A per screen average comparing the gross of those showings in 3-D versus those in 2-D have not been made available - I think that would be interesting to see.

One industry insider we spoke to last night told us Lionsgate was very happy with the response the film has gotten. This might make those rumblings of a sequel that were alluded to at the red carpet premiere (here) a reality. Writer Todd Farmer told us over the weekend that he would immediately leap at a chance to draft a follow-up at a moment's notice. We'll keep you posted if anything pans out.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9268

LONDON — Demonstrating Brit cinema auds growing appetite for 3-D fare, opener “My Bloody Valentine 3-D” ripped off a record-breaking £1 million ($1.45 million) at 86 3-D U.K. screens this weekend, according to Lionsgate U.K.

Going out on all available 3-D screens in Blighty, the pic bested previous top 3-D three-day opener “Beowulf,” which dragged home $740,000 (£510,000) at 51 3-D wickets.

“Bloody Valentine” also bowed at 101 2-D screens, where it pulled a more modest but still bouncy $460,420.

The screen average differential — $17,237 for 3-D compared with $4,557 for 2-D — underlines the excitement surrounding 3-D releases and bodes well for the fleet of big-budget 3-D event movies hitting wickets later this year.

With 2-D and 3-D grosses combined, “Bloody Valentine” placed fourth in the weekend charts, which were bossed by socko hit “Slumdog Millionaire.”

Boosted by awards season buzz and red-hot word-of-mouth, Danny Boyle’s Mumbai-set thriller leapt up 44% in its soph sesh to take top spot and move the 10-day cume to $8.6 million.

Overall U.K. box office is flying in early 2009. A remarkable six films passed £1 million ($1.45 million) this weekend — a real rarity.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799876...yid=13&cs=1

I'm so happy that this film did not let me down! We had the best time. The 3D effects were great and actually had me jumping a couple of times (and giggling). The story was really well written and there were some gnarly kills. Everyone did such a good job. The acting was fantastic- Tom Atkins did not disappoint.

Saw it in pretty packed theater (which I think is the only way to see this movie), and I had great time.

I was going to go see this movie this weekend, only to realize that it is not even playing here, and I don't have the time to drive for three hours to go to the theatre where it is showing. :angry: :(

Todd...

Jesus! What a cameo! That is not at all what I expected. You could go toe to toe with Hitchcock for best filmmaker cameo! It was hilarious.

Sorry I missed the Q & A you did with Patrick at the Arclight. I won a ticket from AICN to the New Beverly Sword & Sorcery marathon that day. I was watching CONAN THE BARBARIAN on the big screen for the first time during your Q & A. Couldn't pass it up.

Congrats!

-Brian

I agree with Brian, Awesome Cameo!!!

Really enjoyed the movie and nice touch at the end of the credits.

Mike

Me and the lady drove and hour or so to get to a 3D screening in North Canton. It took me about 15 minutes for my eyes to adjust to the glasses, but it ended up being a really fun experience! Even got a nice scream out of Liz and a couple jumps from me! Not that its particularly hard to accomplish...

Thanks for all the great comments! It has been a hectic few of weeks. I miss my girls. But currently I'm chained to a bar at the Brad Street Hotel pounding out a polish on the Commandos El Diablo. But again thank you. You are all very very sexy.

Thanks for all the great comments! It has been a hectic few of weeks. I miss my girls. But currently I'm chained to a bar at the Brad Street Hotel pounding out a polish on the Commandos El Diablo. But again thank you. You are all very very sexy.

my missus thinks you have a very cute ass. i checked in with captain J yesterday and he mentioned you were getting DC script in shape. i told him to hit me up when you monkeys were done so i could crack open my pencil case.

anyone who leaves the theatre before the MBV end credits finish is a wanker. i always watch all the credits. It's a rule of mine. my missus hates this.......but she was glad we stuck to the rules this time!

We're all very proud of Mrs. Allcock!

And here's my stub for the collection.

When I finish my bar top, which I'm doing in shatterproof glass, stubs from almost 30 years of film watching will be displayed beneath.

This one will have full view access.

MBV3D-1.jpg

- TB

When I finish my bar top, which I'm doing in shatterproof glass, stubs from almost 30 years of film watching will be displayed beneath.

This one will have full view access.

- TB

Aww. That makes me moist.

And Allcock, bring yer woman to Comicon so we can all meet her! You can trust us. We're harmless.

And Allcock, bring yer woman to Comicon so we can all meet her! You can trust us. We're harmless.

. . . He said with a straight face.

Really, she'll never be the same.

I mean from the show experience, nothing to do at all with the other three T's in the equation.

. . . He said with a . . .

- tb

Lionsgate's My Bloody Valentine 3D is expected to debut on Blu-Ray May 19th (likely timed for the DVD release as well). Official specs have not been unveiled, but according to Blu-Ray.com, Lionsgate is prepping both a 2-D and 3-D presentation. Expect a commentary as well as a number of featurettes. We'll update this spot the minute final details come in. The remake has grossed an estimated $65 million worldwide since opening January 16th.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9731

Lionsgate's My Bloody Valentine 3D is expected to debut on Blu-Ray May 19th (likely timed for the DVD release as well). Lionsgate is prepping both a 2-D and 3-D presentation. Expect a commentary as well as a number of featurettes. We'll update this spot the minute final details come in. The remake has grossed an estimated $65 million worldwide since opening January 16th.

Update! We've just received the following details...

The Special Edition DVD includes both the 2D and 3D versions of the film with bonus materials including audio commentary, two featurettes - "Deep Inside My Bloody Valentine" a behind the scenes look at the making of the film and "Sex, Blood and Screams" - the make-up FX from the film, deleted scenes and a gag reel. It will come with four pairs of 3D glasses enclosed in the DVD. My Bloody Valentine 3D on Blu-ray Disc contains both 2D and 3D versions, four pairs of 3D glasses plus all of the special features and a digital copy of the film. The standard DVD will feature both the 3D and 2D widescreen versions of the film and will come with four pairs of 3D glasses.

mbv3dcover.jpg

mbv3dblu1.jpg

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9731

We've finally got an official announcement regarding Lionsgate Home Entertainment's DVD and Blu-ray release of Patrick Lussier's My Bloody Valentine 3D, which arrives at retailers on May 19th. And yes, it'll be in 3-D.

The 3D remake of the classic horror film My Bloody Valentine slashes its way into stores in a Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc as well as a standard definition DVD this May from Lionsgate. A terrifying tale about a small town that faces horrifying consequences on the anniversary of a deadly tragedy, My Bloody Valentine 3D was praised by horror critics as "The best 3D horror film ever made" (CHUD.com).

The Special Edition DVD includes both the 2D and 3D versions of the film with bonus materials including audio commentary, two featurettes - "Deep Inside My Bloody Valentine" a behind the scenes look at the making of the film and "Sex, Blood and Screams" - the make-up FX from the film, deleted scenes and a gag reel.. It will come with four pairs of 3D glasses enclosed in the DVD.

My Bloody Valentine 3D on Blu-ray Disc contains both 2D and 3D versions, four pairs of 3D glasses plus all of the special features and a digital copy of the film. The standard DVD will feature both the 3D and 2D widescreen versions of the film and will come with four pairs of 3D glasses.

Ten years ago in the town of Harmony, an inexperienced coal miner caused an accident that trapped and killed five men and sent the only survivor, Harry Warden, into a coma. When Harry woke, exactly one year later on Valentine's Day, he wanted revenge and brutally murdered 22 people with a pickaxe before being killed himself. Now, after years of peace, something from Harmony's dark past has returned. Wearing a miner's mask and armed with a pickaxe, an unstoppable killer is on the loose. As his footsteps come ever closer, the townspeople realize in terror that it just might be Harry Warden who has found his way back.

Pricing: DVD $29.95 (2D and 3D w/four pairs of 3D glasses)

Pricing: DVD $34.98 (Special Edition 2D and 3D w/ four pairs of 3D glasses)

Pricing: DVD $39.99 (2D and 3D w/ four pairs of 3D glasses and digital copy

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15458

ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that My Bloody Valentine 3D director Patrick Lussier revealed at "Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors" that Lionsgate has no interest in making a sequel to the film, a surprising statement considering the movie was made for about $15 million and earned $71.8 million worldwide in theaters alone.

For more on this, click here.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54666

Beers are on you in San Diego.

As you all well know, most of that 65 million was direct deposited into my account.

Just don't room next to Todd. He's a light sleeper.

Well, Lionsgate isn't going forward with a sequel, it's pretty surprising considering how good it did.

Source: Jose Prendes

I had a quick chat with Kerr Smith from My Bloody Valentine 3D over my morning coffee. The movie is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray on May 19th in both 3D and 2D versions and I thought who better to discuss the film and the upcoming dvd than the beleaguered, adulterous sheriff of the town of Harmony.

ShockTillYouDrop.com: So Axel Palmer's kind of a unique name for a small-town guy. Why don't you tell us a little bit about him.

Kerr Smith: Well, the guy's wound up a little tight. He's one of those guys that's got a lot going on. I mean he's the sheriff and he's got this murderer running loose. People think he's the murderer. He's got a bad relationship with his wife and he's cheating on her. Then his enemy from childhood comes back into town and starts hanging out with his wife. So it's got a lot of layers which was what really attracted me to the project.

Shock: I was actually going to point that out. I liked the fact that the characters were grown-ups with real problems and not the typical drunken teenagers.

Smith: Of course, in the beginning of the movie we got a little bit of drunken teenager in there. But, you know, it's nice to play adult every now and then.

Continue reading: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10491

Congrats on DVD releases Todd!

Saw them in the store yesterday and the packaging is 3D HOT.

x0 - tb