Tim Bradstreet

My Bloody Valentine - 3D

Yeah yeah, I know. I haven't forgotten. Just one more thing.

I'll start on it after the new year. Promise. :)

There was no gentle prod intent of any kind slithering between those lines Brother T. I was just stating a fact :)

You get to it when you can get to it. No pressure at all, my precious lamb.

mbv3dposter.jpg

- TB

Tom Fucking Atkins (middle), Oh yeah!!!!

Welcome back Tom!!

My_Bloody_Valentine_3D_5.jpg

- TB

It's awesome to see Atkins back on the screen, I grew up watching Night of the Creeps on VHS/cable (And just to add SLiTHER is not a ripoff of it).

tom is one of those dudes i grew up watching and made the 80's memorable...

glad to see he's back, and doing horror!

tom is one of those dudes i grew up watching and made the 80's memorable...

glad to see he's back, and doing horror!

He looks great doesn't he?

A little craggier but it looks good on him.

- TB

My first day on the set, Tom had one of his big scenes. I saw a couple of the electricians watching him between takes. Could tell they were fans. Then Tom notices them too. Rather than wait for them to muster the courage. He approaches them. Asks what they do. I stood there and watched him make them feel like the most important members of the team.

I tell ya. He's a class act.

Of course, the moment he walked away I approached them and informed them that I was, in fact, the MOST IMPORTANT MEMBER OF THE TEAM!

That is all.

I thought that was a given!

Especially after you handed out all those T-shirts for the cast and crew which read - "Hooray for me, Fuck You."

. . . And who can forget Tom Atkins from this episode of Lou Grant . . .

lg035a.jpg

I dearly hope that's a luffa in Asner's hand. Goodness.

- TB

The My Bloody Valentine 3D promotion machine is speeding up and today MTV Movies Blog has posted the very first clip from the slasher remake starring Jensen Ackles and Jaime King.

Synopsis: Ten years ago, a tragedy changed the town of Harmony forever. Tom Hanniger, an inexperienced coal miner, caused an accident in the tunnels that trapped and killed five men and sent the only survivor, Harry Warden, into a permanent coma. But Harry Warden wanted revenge. Exactly one year later, on Valentine's Day, he woke up...and brutally murdered twenty-two people with a pickaxe before being killed.

Ten years later, Tom Hanniger returns to Harmony on Valentine's Day, still haunted by the deaths he caused. Struggling to make amends with his past, he grapples with unresolved feelings for his ex-girlfriend, Sarah, who is now married to his best friend, Axel, the town sheriff. But tonight, after years of peace, something from Harmony's dark past has returned. Wearing a miner's mask and armed with a pickaxe, an unstoppable killer is on the loose. And as his footsteps come ever closer, Tom, Sarah and Axel realize in terror that it just might be Harry Warden who's come back to claim them...

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9048

They've been rumored about and discussed across message boards by slasher film enthusiasts, now those deleted scenes from George Mihalka's My Bloody Valentine will be revealed in all of their gory glory when Lionsgate releases the film uncut on DVD January 16th. A copy of said disc floated my way last night and I promptly gave it a spin. For fans, this disc cannot be missed. The scenes are restored and immensely satisfying (gorehounds rejoice). A full disc review is coming, in the meantime, enjoy some of these "screen grabs" from the excised scenes. These are just a tease, wait until you see these shots in action...

For more on the making of this DVD, and how the scenes were discovered, read our exclusive interview with the disc's producer.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9052

Two My Bloody Valentine 3D-related updates for you... We got our hands on the Japanese one-sheet for the film and, I've gotta say, the U.S. marketing team did a better job. Also, a third TV spot is now online, this one offers you up some Tom Atkins love, albeit briefly. This is the actor's first genre appearance since 2000's Bruiser, directed by George Romero.

My Bloody Valentine 3D opens in theaters on January 16th.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9058

I found a theater that shows 3D, so I'm seeing this fucker opening night. Tom Atkins in 3D here I come.

This evening we got our hands on the Japanese one sheet for Patrick Lussier's My Bloody Valentine 3D, which arrives in theaters January 16th. While it's still a pretty cool poster, it looks more like DVD art than something you'd see in a theater. Check it out beyond the break, which do you prefer? In the remake Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders.

Click to see the poster

A pair of fresh television spots for Lionsgate's latest horror film My Bloody Valentine 3D (opening January 16th) have turned up online. You can watch one, which grants Supernatural star Jensen Ackles with a bit of face time, below. The second spot, hailing from the UK, can be found here.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9081

Since Jason Voorhees already jammed his machete into Valentine's Day weekend, that "holiday" of unconditional love and murderous miners comes a bit early this year.

Why not celebrate Lionsgate and director Patrick Lussier's tri-dimensional remake of MY BLOODY VALENTINE with a personalized video note to your favorite humanoid? Click HERE or below to do so.

The flick punctures people with pickaxes on January 16th!

Source: http://joblo.com/send-bloody-valentine

NOTE: This will scare you! Have your speakers on low -- it just scared me and my cat.

In addition to the two TV spots we introduced to you this morning, there\'s now a second clip from My Bloody Valentine 3D online courtesy of MTV. Here you\'ll find Kerr Smith and Twilight\'s Edi Gathegi doing a little bit of police work. What another, action-packed, clip here.

There\'s all sorts of juicy My Bloody Valentine 3D stuff happening for the press this week, we\'ll bring you tons of coverage soon! The film, starring Jensen Ackles and Jaime King, opens in theaters on January 16th.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9083

Harry Warden doesn\'t discriminate. Big or small, he\'ll cut you down with his pick axe as you\'ll see in this new 40-second clip from My Bloody Valentine 3D, director Patrick Lussier\'s redo of the \'81 slasher film. Not only do you get Harry in action, you\'ll also find actress Betsey Rue hiding beneath the bed. She apparently a scene-stealer in the film.

Jaime King, Jensen Ackles, Kerr Smith and Edi Gathegi co-star in this January 16th release.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9092

Wishing Todd Farmer, Patrick Lussier, and Michael Wandmacher a rip roaring good time tonight at the LA premiere of My Bloody Valentine 3-D!

Catch you boys next time. Our best wishes to the success of all your hard work.

Be sure and spread some RAW love on Tom Atkins and Kevin Tighe for us ;)

xo - TB

Wishing Todd Farmer, Patrick Lussier, and Michael Wandmacher a rip roaring good time tonight at the LA premiere of My Bloody Valentine 3-D!

Catch you boys next time. Our best wishes to the success of all your hard work.

Be sure and spread some RAW love on Tom Atkins and Kevin Tighe for us ;)

xo - TB

And Jensen Ackles of course! :wub:

The cast and crew of My Bloody Valentine 3D told ShockTillYouDrop.com tonight on the film's red carpet that a sequel is looking good.

They said that you can expect all the surviving members of the cast to return for the follow-up should the film do well at the box office. Kerr Smith told us that director Patrick Lussier has a number of ideas where to take the sequel.

Star Jensen Ackles did mention that multiple endings where shot, so it's unclear if they would play around with those, but we assume those will just be featured on the DVD and won't affect the second film's plot.

Stay tuned for full quotes and photos from the premiere later!

My Bloody Valentine 3D hits theaters Friday, January 16th.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9132

Gotta get us some pics of Todd and company on the red!

Farmer is notorious for shuttering with his iPhone so hopefully he'll have some stuff to share.

- TB

Last night, Lionsgate premiered this month's horror remake offering My Bloody Valentine 3D in Hollywood. And ShockTillYouDrop.com was there hitting both ends of the red carpet, snatching up quotes and snapping away photos of the talent arrivals.

If you click on the photo below you'll find over 40 hi-res stills of stars Jensen Ackles, Jaimi King, Kerr Smith, Betsy Rue, Edi Gathegi, Richard Walters, Tom Atkins and Megan Boone along with director Patrick Lussier, screenwriters Todd Farmer and Zane Smith, composer Michael Wandmacher and a few other surprise guests like Corey Haim and Friday the 13th's Derek Mears. Not on the red carpet but spotted entering the screening and sticking around at the after party: Wes Craven, Katie Perry (one word: hot), Jessica Alba and Paris Hilton.

The audience last night was completely taken by the 3-D technology and sounded really into the flick. The after party just around the corner at Level 3 was doused in red lights and the stage to the back sat below a huge banner that read "Happy Valentine's Day." It was surrounded by red and white balloons giving off the vibe of a Valentine's Day dance. The waiters all wore mining helmets - one can never say Lionsgate doesn't know how to throw a party...

Click here for photo gallery

Guest AdminGuyX

LOVE this poster.

My_Bloody_Valentine_3D_teaser_poster.jpg

Still a badass.

My_Bloody_Valentine_3D_16.jpg

awwww. Cute couple. Frank The Trucker. ;)

My_Bloody_Valentine_Premiere_4.jpg

A special note from our reps over at Lionsgate...

On behalf of Lionsgate, we are pleased to inform you that there will be a SPECIAL ADVANCE 3-D SCREENING of My Bloody Valentine 3D on Thursday, January 15th at 10pm only! Visit MovieTickets.com or Fandango.com for ticket info and showtimes in your area.

Sounds to us that Lionsgate is rather confident they've got a hit on their hands. Although it puzzles me as to why they're making many of us critics sit on our positive reviews until release.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9140

ComingSoon.net's horror arm ShockTillYouDrop.com talked exclusively to My Bloody Valentine 3D director Patrick Lussier. The horror remake, opening this Friday, stars Jensen Ackles, Jaime King, Kerr Smith, Betsey Rue, Edi Gathegi, Tom Atkins, Kevin Tighe and Megan Boone. Here's a clip:

Shock: You were with Wes Craven through the Scream years, and then some, as his editor. Do you feel that time prepared you for this film?

Lussier: Absolutely. We talked about Scream a lot, or I did, when we were in pre-production. The mechanics of Scream, not the self-reference but the mechanics of how it worked. Scream works first and foremost because of the murder mystery. That was the thing Kevin [Williamson] took from all of those old slasher films from the '80s - from Prom Night, from My Bloody Valentine, from all of those films which have that strong component to it. That was the thing that we kept talking to the studio about: This is how the story has to work and how we have to misdirect and make every character a suspect. Randy's speech in Scream always played in my head because it's the perfect encapsulation of what goes into a slasher film. It was a marker of what to do. We got to tell our own slasher film knowing full well what the rules were and how they worked.

Click here to read the full interview!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51877

WARNING: The following red carpet report contains SPOILERS pertaining to Tom Atkins and his turn in My Bloody Valentine 3D.

Horror vet and legend Tom Atkins (The Fog, Halloween III) returns to the big screen in My Bloody Valentine 3D, ending his nine-year absence from the genre (we last saw him in George Romero's Bruiser). Given this, it was fitting that Lionsgate flew him out from Pittsburgh, where he resides, for last week's premiere of the Patrick Lussier-directed redo.

During our brief red carpet chat with the actor, Atkins said he needed little convincing to come aboard the film. "I read the script and someone told me Patrick Lussier wanted to talk to me about doing Sheriff James Burke and they sent me the sides.

When I saw that my whole jaw got torn off I said, I'm in! I'm in for that! I want to do that!"

The part required him to hop back into the make-up chair. "They made a death head of me grimacing as if I'm getting the pick-axe in my jaw." This experience reminded him of the time he did Macbeth on stage. "I had a death's head for that and they put it on a pike because I got killed. My sister came to see the play and she said to me after that head looked awesome on the pike. I asked her, What are you going to do with it? She wanted it and said, I'll put it on the mantle!"

Atkins tell us Pittsburgh residents will see him doing a play this March at the Pittsburgh Theatre in March, but he currently doesn't have any upcoming horror films on the slate. For more on the actor, read how Lussier tracked him down in our exclusive interview here!

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9169

Lionsgate has lifted their embargo on press reviews for the latest horror movie to hit us this month My Bloody Valentine 3D. Good news, because ShockTillYouDrop.com's criticism of this 3-D horror is positive and alive 'n twitching here. A sample: Director Patrick Lussier demonstrates growth as a director (he's come a long way since Dracula 2000 and its sequels) and earns kudos for not just bringing one helluva party favor to this bash - the 3-D aspect - but utilizing it to such an immersive degree that it will have you screaming bloody murder.

Opening this Friday, MBV3D stars Jaime King, Jensen Ackles, Kerr Smith, Edi Gathegi, Kevin Tighe, Tom Atkins and Megan Boone.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9182

There is something pretty damn cool about Todd Farmer. I’ve seen him interviewed when he wrote JASON X and I just found him to be the kind of guy that would be a blast to hang with. And as I watched MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3-D, I realized something. He got it! He knew what makes the original 1981 slasher flick a cult classic and also, a absolute favorite of mine. He took what worked, along with Zane Smith and helped make a terrific horror movie.

When I sat down with Zane and Todd at the W in Westwood, California, I found them both to be so much fun to talk to. We spoke about horror and of course about Todd and his big nude scene. Yeah, he is in the movie, but don’t you worry, Betsy Rue really makes it a-okay. But it is always a good thing to sit and talk with true fans of horror that are really trying to make good for the other fans. And I think they’ve succeeded with MBV 3-D. While it is only playing in 3-D in a select group of theatres, it is definitely worth checking out if you are a lover of old school slasher films. And your chance begins this coming Thursday night… will you be someone’s bloody valentine?

WARNING: Spoilers ahead

Continue reading: http://joblo.com/index.php?id=24639

Last night we posted our official review for Liomsgate's My Bloody Valentine 3D, which arrives in theaters everywhere this Friday. "There’s nothing sweeter that watching a film that knows exactly what it is. At no point does Patrick Lussier’s MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D pretend to be anything but a mindless slasher film straight out of your DVD collection. The film is jammed with great kills, loads of gore and plenty of laughs and is sure to keep the hardcore horror nut entertained for most of its 101 minute running time." Click the title for the full review and don't forget to check back here this weekend and post your own review here on B-D. In addition, Lionsgate announced that they'll be having 10PM screenings Thursday night, check out the official website for details.

Source: Review here

By: MrDisgusting

In the remake Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders.

Bloody-Disgusting: Congratulations of completing principal photography on MY BLOODY VALENTINE!

Patrick Lussier: Thanks! It's was actually pretty brutal for all involved. One location was voted by the entire crew as the hardest location they've ever shot. But the shoot itself, what we shot, turned out to be fantastic! Luckily, our resilient and talented crew and a completely kick-ass cast really came together, always making everything better than we'd hoped for.

BD: Most horror fans were more excited that you cast Tom Atkins in the movie than that the movie will be in 3-D!

PL: LOVE Tom Atkins! The novelist Tom Piccirilli and I were talking about shooting in Pittsburgh when Pic told me that Atkins lives there. I immediately got in touch with him to play a vital supporting role in the film. We actually ended up retooling the character specifically for Mr. Atkins, making the part grander. He's a legend in the genre (and for fans of the Rockford Files) and it is an honor to work with him. Tom's one of those guys who has such a great pedigree in the genre and outside, who shows up and is an amazing pro. He'd show up and instantly get what we were doing and slipped into the vibe of the horror film like he'd just walked off the set of “Night of the Creeps” or “The Fog” and onto ours. He so understands how the genre works and how to bring the most to his character.

BD: You have a pretty solid cast, how much influence did you have and who was the easiest to work with?

PL: The entire cast was awesome. Jensen Ackles, Kerr Smith, Jaime King were stunning as our leads. All of them had a lot of really challenging physical and emotional stuff to do in the film and each of them did great. Tom Atkins, Kevin Tighe, Edi Gathegi and newcomer Megan Boone were also fantastic. All the actors really honed their characters and brought so much to the film, lifting off from what was on the page and making the scenes more intense and terrifying. Betsy Rue and Todd Farmer (the amazing writer of the film) worked out some great beats for one of the more spectacular scenes in the film. They improvised a lot of it on their own and revealed it to me on set. It was pretty awe-inspiring. And oh so brave. Betsy does a sensational job making the audience focus on her so completely, and feel her terror.

Continue reading: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/interview/529

Beating away at the center of Lionsgate's upcoming horror film My Bloody Valentine 3D is a love triangle that develops when Jensen Ackles' Tom Hanniger returns to his home town after ten years to find his old squeeze Sarah (Jaime King) has married pal Axel Palmer (Kerr Smith). The trio not only have to contend with their emotions, but they've got to find out who's killing the residents of Harmony with a pick-axe. Harry Warden, the mad miner, perhaps?

ShockTillYouDrop.com sat down with Ackles (taking a break from Supernatural), Smith and King (one of the hottest nerds we've encountered) at the W hotel in Westwood, California to talk about Patrick Lussier's remake and their familiarity with Warden and why he works so well as a killer. Enjoy our video interview below and look for My Bloody Valentine 3D in theaters on January 16th.

Click here for the video

Beyond the break you'll find the final batch of stills from Lionsgate's My Bloody Valentine 3D (review), which arrives in theaters this Friday. In the remake Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders. Click here for several clips!

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14958

Beyond the break you can check out our exclusive video interview with Jamie King, star of Lionsgate's My Bloody Valentine 3D (review), which arrives in theaters everywhere this Friday. In the remake directed by Patrick Lussier, Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders.

Click here for video interview

Honesty comes in small doses, it seems, in Hollywood. Thank God we have Todd Farmer, co-writer of My Bloody Valentine to keep us in check.

There seems to be an alarming number of horror film remakes lately, and many fans are asking, “why?” At the very least you would hope for a novel concept added to said remake, an idea that the creators of the My Bloody Valentine 3-D seem to understand. You’d be a fool not to want to see a full-length 3-D horror film, and you’ll get your chance to when the film hits theaters this Friday. We were lucky enough to talk to Todd Farmer and get his thoughts on the film, the current state of the horror genre and why we should call him Bruce Wayne Jr.

Continue reading: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/...lentine-3-d.php

The last paragraph in this article had me smiling...

By Frank Scheck

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - If there was ever a reason for gore film fans to fork over a few extra bucks, it's this remake of a 1981 Canadian horror picture that has pretty well lapsed into obscurity for all but cultists.

"My Bloody Valentine 3-D," released January 16 by Lionsgate, is likely to eventually reap a similar fate, but not before it attracts plenty of attention thanks to its relentless and literally in-your-face pile-on of blood, body parts and viscera.

While the concept of adding 3-D to the horror genre is hardly new -- "House of Wax" premiered more than half a century ago and the '80s saw a brief albeit not too successful mini-revival -- Patrick Lussier's film is the most accomplished example. The 3-D effects come fast and furious, rendered with a technical skill and humor that gives this otherwise strictly formulaic slasher picture whatever entertainment value it possesses.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/id...E50G0FM20090117

just got back from seeing it. Loved it. What a ride. the 3D was excellent (I see Howard Smith and Max Penner worked on it - if dark country is up to this standard then i can't wait)

Nice cameo Todd!!! what a scene.