Tim Bradstreet

My Bloody Valentine - 3D

ComingSoon.net's horror arm ShockTillYouDrop.com has debuted the final poster for Lionsgate's My Bloody Valentine 3-D, hitting theaters on January 16! Presented in stunningly real, cutting edge 3-D projection, director Patrick Lussier's remake of the 1981 horror classic stars Jensen Ackles (TV's "Smallville" and "Supernatural"), Jaime King (The Spirit, Sin City) and Kerr Smith (Final Destination, "Dawson's Creek").

bv3d.jpg

And don't be fooled by the lack of bigger name actors, this one's gonna surprise a lot of folks.

Be on the lookout, genre fans, for Tom Atkins - One of my favorite character actors from the 80's.

You may remember him from The Fog, Escape From New York, Halloween II, Creepshow, and Night Of The Creeps.

Or as Michael Hunsaker from Leathal Weapon.

Really glad to see him back.

Also Kevin Tighe! Yes, he played Roy DeSoto on Emergency! and is a reoccurring character on NBC's Lost. But he also played Sam Forney in my favorite episode of Tales From The Crypt, "Cutting Cards" directed by Walter Hill and co-starring Lance Henriksen.

Chop Poker anyone?

Oh yeah, and Todd Farmer as Frank The Trucker - should be worth the price of admission alone.

MBV3D.jpg

- TB

Atkins is indeed awesome. As soon as I get some extra cash I'm getting this shirt.

thrillmetk0.png

Is that Todd in the Superman shirt? Hubba hubba... :wub:

Just kidding...and yet...he's gotta be married...I just know it...

In the words of Florida Evans from "Good Times":

Damn Damn Damn...*throwing down the casserole dish*

LMAO...congrats to you Todd

Thanks A LOT TB...

HA! Kevin and Tom brought their A game. Kevin's a perfectionist, one big ol' ball of passion for his part. And Tom...nothing short of Horror Royalty. It was an honor and a pleasure to hear them speak my wordsies.

Me? Yeah. I make an appearance. :)

The look of the killer from My Bloody Valentine 3D hasn’t exactly been a secret, but today we’ve got our first really good look at the psycho who makes everyone’s lives a 3D terror ride to hell come January 13th, 2009.

If that sort of thing makes you happy, you can thank Bloody Disgusting for the image and if you crave more, head over there to see an additional set including our first look at Tom motherfucking Atkins!

The story follows a man named Tom who returns to his hometown on the 10th anniversary of a Valentine’s night massacre. Since his timing sucks, new murders start happening and pretty soon he’s the prime suspect. Dig on the trailer below!

First Look at My Bloody Valentine Killer!

Keep the intel coming Tiara!

We want to promote MBV 3D like it was one of our own.

Patrick, Todd, and company deserve it, and so does this film!

- TB

New "My Bloody Valentine 3D" Poster Comin' At Ya!

And there is a comment box once you scroll down; please leave your comments! You don't have to register for an account.

I got the My Bloody Valentine 3D movie poster today. I think it makes the movie look super creepy, which is good but I was hoping it would show more of my fake husband, Jensen Ackles. The movie is a remake of the classic. January 16 is coming soon, I can’t wait to see it. Here is the trailer to refresh your memory on the movie.

Source: http://tengossip.com/2008/12/04/my-bloody-...d-final-poster/

I guess the idea of this poster is to draw attention to the 3D effect but still produce a creepy poster that feels like the poster for a serious horror movie. I like the idea, but I’m not sure the execution works all that well. The 3D aspect is much more muted than it was in the last poster, but when compared to modern horror posters I don’t think this comes out as particularly scary. the poster ends up being neither here nor there.

So, what should they do different to sell this movie? I’m not sure. I really don’t know how you sell a 3D horror movie well. I’m not even sure you can. Is this something people are really interested in? If so, who exactly? And why? I don’t know the answer to any of these questions, and that makes it hard for me to think of a good marketing strategy.

If 3D does indeed become a a normal way of seeing films, and that does seem likely, we will eventually come to a better understanding of how to market these films, and we will probably develop a whole visual vocabulary from which to draw from which is relevant to this day and age. But right now, and for at least the next couple of years, I think we will see a lot of trial and error. Emphasis on the error.

Source: http://www.movieposteraddict.com/2008/12/0...y-valentine-3d/

Beyond the break you can chew on the final one sheet for Lionsgate's My Bloody Valentine (trailer), which arrives in theaters January 16th. In the remake directed by Patrick Lussier, Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders. George Mihalka's original film hit theaters back in 1981 and is considered a favorite among the horror crowd.

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14547

People either seem to love or hate the campaign for Lionsgate's forthcoming remake of My Bloody Valentine (trailer). While most people are bashing the poster and trailer, I think it's a pretty fun way to spin the whole angle. Beyond the break you can check out the UK quad for the film, which is basically the same image as the US one sheet. In the remake Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders. VALENTINE hits theaters in the US and UK on January 16th.

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14489

This afternoon Lionsgate provided Bloody-Disgusting with an exclusive look at five stills from their 3D remake of My Bloody Valentine (trailer), which arrives in theaters January 16th. Word on the street is that the 3D in this Patrick Lussier directed film is incredible, adding depth and details into the film without making it "gimmicky". In the film Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders. Beyond the break you can chew on some pics of the new killer played by Chris Carnel.

Click any image to see it larger:

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14618

Ok, I'm pretty excited for the new 3D remake of MY BLOODY VALENTINE, I really am. And now, here's one last taste of what we're in for when it hits theaters on January 16th, 2009. Shock Till You Drop got the final theatrical poster for the flick, and I must admit, it's pretty SWEET! You can check out the trailer in our video section or in our previous news post right HERE! And click the teaser image below to see the new MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D poster in high resolution!

UPDATED! Lionsgate has provided us with the poster as well. Here's the whole badboy below:

MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D was directed by Patrick Lussier (DRACULA 2000) from a script by Todd Farmer (JASON X) & Zane Smith and stars SUPERNATURAL's Jensen Ackles, Jaime King (THE TRIPPER), Kerr Smith (FINAL DESTINATION), Edi Gathegi, Kevin Tighe & Megan Boone.

Click HERE to see the trailer to MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D!

Click HERE to see the first theatrical poster for MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D!

Click HERE for details on the "uncut" DVD of the original MY BLOODY VALENTINE and HERE for features!

Click HERE for the original teaser poster to MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D!

Source: http://iconsoffright.com/news/2008/12/fina...ntine_3d_t.html

Buy the poster:

My Bloody Valentine 3-D (2009)

IMP Awards

2009 Poster Gallery

Welcome to the official Facebook Page of My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009).

Become a Fan!

Wikipedia Page

January 2009 Theatrical Releases

JANUARY 9, 2009

BRIDE WARS - Starring Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway

THE UNBORN - Starring Odette Yustman and Meagan Good

JANUARY 16, 2009

MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D - Starring Jensen Ackles and Jaime King

JANUARY 23, 2009

HOTEL FOR DOGS - Starring Emma Roberts and Jake T Austin

INKHEART - Starring Brendan Fraser and Paul Bettany

UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS - Starring Rhona Mitra and Michael Sheen

JANUARY 30, 2009

THE UNINVITED - Starring Elizabeth Banks and Emily Browning

Source: http://movies.about.com/library/weekly/aa2...dy+valentine+3d

Guest AdminGuyX

Tiara, I merged your 10 posts one after the other, into one, to keep the page count down. PLEASE don't post 10 times in a row like that. Please just use the EDIT button, and add to your last post.

I beg of you.

I won't add anything else Noeland. Not a problem. Sorry about that.

Guest AdminGuyX

I don't mind if you add more to the thread. I'm just asking that if you're the last post in the thread, and you have more to add, just use the edit button for the last post, and add to that post please.

Thanks for condensing Noeland!

It does look a lot nicer on the page like that. I'm still getting used to Forum etiquette myself. I learn something new all the time.

So yeah Tiara, please don't be offended in the least. Noeland has all our best interests at heart.

And thanks for taking the time to amass this info. Also Tiara, after looking at all this stuff, what do YOU think about MBV?

- TB

Thanks for condensing Noeland!

It does look a lot nicer on the page like that. I'm still getting used to Forum etiquette myself. I learn something new all the time.

So yeah Tiara, please don't be offended in the least. Noeland has all our best interests at heart.

And thanks for taking the time to amass this info. Also Tiara, after looking at all this stuff, what do YOU think about MBV?

- TB

It's all about the 3D! Everybody is talking about that.

What I have been noticing everywhere on the net, there is such an anticipation about this movie. Almost cult-like; some undercover MBV forums are devoted to making the opening night a record. I think because this movie will be the only movie opening that day, that is a great thing. Depending on the marketing team, they need to get contests going to radio stations, newspapers, MySpace, Facebook to generate a solid interest. I heard the studio will be doing advance movie screenings, so I hope to be down for that.

My party list has passed the 250 mark, so more and more folks are stepping forward and saying hey, let's make a night of it. A friend of mine has her Twitter group of friends dressing up so this will be hysterical. I think it will impress the 18-34 group, but I really feel the 35+ plus crowd will enjoy it the most. This is solely based on feedback I have been receiving.

I just want the 3D...

It played this morning at Buttnumbathon in Austin for the first time to an audience. Director Patrick Lussier and actors, Jaime King and Megan Boone where there. Apparently the crowd went nuts. Loved it. I spoke with Lussier around 2am and he was bouncing off the walls with excitement. This of course, made it impossible for me to sleep. :)

I would be curious to know the age group; if you get a chance, can you ask about that? The younger ones are taking their recommendation for this movie to MySpace and the others to Facebook so I really would like to know what he actually saw and heard.

Hey Tiara, are you asking for the ages of the screening audience? It's ain't it cool news readers so I'd guess the ages ranged from 18 to old as dirt but I can ask.

Hey Tiara, are you asking for the ages of the screening audience? It's ain't it cool news readers so I'd guess the ages ranged from 18 to old as dirt but I can ask.

AICN readers...ok cool. Yes, if you could ask I would appreciate it. Did they do any feedback cards as well? Do you know if there will be any podcasts available for download to MySpace, Facebook, etc.? Any banners to place on websites?

I'm told BNAT 10 was jammed. It's basically 24 hours of non-stop movies. When one movie ends there's a quick Q&A then they start the next movie. I think the theatre held 250ish with another couple hundred waiting outside on standby. Don't think they do feedback cards. But I would expect Harry or someone to do a review at some point.

Haven't noticed any banners but I did get a widget which I added to http://www.myspace.com/wendago.

OK cool as soon as your MySpace finishes loading, I will go and get that widget. Thanks!

Wait. Just hold on. Are you saying I have a large myspace?

Ah, I love when a fellow Scorpio catches on quickly... :lol: