sidewaysgaze

The Sweetest Thing

This is the delicious topic of discussion...

parkerle2.jpg

I dated a girl that looks ALOT like her a little while ago.

That was fun.

Not as much fun though as when I dated a Tilda Swinton look-a-like.

That was fuckin awesome.

-TL

Parker Posey has the strange thing that resonates with women to. My daughter was almost called Parker, at my wife's request. I dated a girl in college that was a dead ringer for Parker, but with a little more of those and that. Great times!

Joe

(While I do appreciate all the ladies in this movie ... )

Now, I realize this isn't Tom Jane's most pithy work (don't worry, folks - I can hang with the deep stuff just as well), but The Sweetest Thing has grown on me recently.

When I first saw it, I actually didn't like it. I think I was kind of disturbed by the crude parts.

But when I saw the movie again, I was really pleasantly surprised that I could just laugh my head off with it!

I guess now that I am an ol' cougar ;) my sense of humor has evolved - or is it de-volved?

In any case, I was happy to have a good laugh ...

I also was wondering, if any one might know:

The trailer has some cute scenes that have been cut out of the movie. Most of them, I can place.

But there is one of Tom in a baby blue tuxedo - what is THAT all about?

Do I detect the loss of some comedic gold?! ;) Now there's a deleted scene I wouldn't mind seeing.

- Joanna

(While I do appreciate all the ladies in this movie ... )

Now, I realize this isn't Tom Jane's most pithy work (don't worry, folks - I can hang with the deep stuff just as well), but The Sweetest Thing has grown on me recently.

When I first saw it, I actually didn't like it. I think I was kind of disturbed by the crude parts.

But when I saw the movie again, I was really pleasantly surprised that I could just laugh my head off with it!

I guess now that I am an ol' cougar ;) my sense of humor has evolved - or is it de-volved?

In any case, I was happy to have a good laugh ...

I also was wondering, if any one might know:

The trailer has some cute scenes that have been cut out of the movie. Most of them, I can place.

But there is one of Tom in a baby blue tuxedo - what is THAT all about?

Do I detect the loss of some comedic gold?! ;) Now there's a deleted scene I wouldn't mind seeing.

- Joanna

can't even remember. could have been part of the wedding scene with Parker.

can't even remember. could have been part of the wedding scene with Parker.

Thanks, Thomas.

I realize it was a few years ago ... and in the clip some kid slugs you below-the-belt, so it's probably a painful memory best left forgotten. ;)

You also took some pretty good body hits from John Bennett Perry (or his stuntman), playing Parker's dad - which I enjoyed as some great slapstick moments - and added to your stunt creds, I'm sure!

I love that reception scene and your expression alternating between Parker and the P.O.'d father-of-the-bride. Hilarious!

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/30/the-sweetest-thing-writer-nancy-pimental-sequel/

Interesting interview with the writer, maybe this was a bit ahead of its time but gives a nice insight to the writing.

Im gonna go out on a limb here but I actually liked this film............I still like it now. There I said it. :D

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/30/the-sweetest-thing-writer-nancy-pimental-sequel/

Interesting interview with the writer, maybe this was a bit ahead of its time but gives a nice insight to the writing.

Im gonna go out on a limb here but I actually liked this film............I still like it now. There I said it. :D

Good for you! I think it's a funny rom-com.

While reading this thread I notice how the forum is missing some male opinions right now. I don't know if Gail, Rosella, Ana Clara and myself would spend time discussing which actress has a full rack or not. But we enjoy discussing Cat 🙂

Well... maybe we'll discuss such things after all. We'll see in the coming posts.

Geoff is holding the fort, which is great, but he's a bit singled out. Men please join in!! (And not just to speak about racks!)

Concerning "The sweetest thing", which I just saw tonight... I agree with the first 3 posts above. The role doesn't offer much possibility so I dearly missed this "TJ tears the screen apart to leap at your brain" feeling. But it's good to see how versatile he is. I guess this one was "for the condo".

Not seen this one yet, and the comments above haven't exactly put it on my 'must see' list, maybe one day........much as I love seeing intense TJ he can clearly carry off lighter supporting roles with ease.

Agree with Ariane though, where are all you guys at these days - you can't leave it up to Geoff to give us gals the male perspective!  Happy to discuss the attributes of female actors if that makes you all feel like joining in?