sidewaysgaze

Dreamcatcher

Ok, continuing with talking about Tom's movies, even the awful ones, here is my opinion about Dreamcatcher. Feel free to chime in! :)

The only reason I could get through watching this movie is because Tom was in it. I mean, the whole thing was just so badly edited that there's no tension or mystery or suspense (well, barely), and made serious things laughable - just my opinion, of course!

I think all the actors did a fine job and did what they could with the material/script and how they were directed, but I just have to wonder what the script looked like compared to the Steven King novel it's based on. I mean, the book is supposed to be really good...so what happened?! :P

Jen

Ah, sometime since I saw it... But, from what I remember. Good acting on some. The ending was so-so. I read some of the book... and it was close-ish to the book as I remember it (got to read it done, the book is fucking massive... atleast I thought so)

the movie was so so but Tom and the rest of the cast were great. The movie follows the book fairly well until close to the middle then it goes off the rails fast and gives one hell of a stupid ending. Read the book it is damn good!

Aaron

My two favorite scenes are the one with Jason Lee in the bathroom with the alien thing with sharp teeth (ummm, what are they called?!) and only a plunger handle (I think?) to defend himself, and a scene near the end with Tom and the shotgun and that alien thing with the sharp teeth...

As you can see, I'm trying not to give away what happens in those scenes! :lol:

Jen

you would be talking about the shit weasel

Aaron

Good movie. Larry Kasdan.

Funny thing is, everytime I watch this thing on DVD (last time was with 2 of my horror flick buddies), I end up replaying the bloopers over and over - essentially delaying the actual film.

Donnie Wahlberg's fuckin hilarious, and Jane kept naggin him. Then when Tom Sizemore got involved, Jane told him to shut his face cause he'd be dead in half an hour.

Funny shit.

-TL

This is the scene from the Bloopers that I was talkin about. It starts off pretty normal but then goes nuts.

dreamcatcherzk4.jpg / dreamcatcher2za5.jpg

All dvds oughtta have bloopers,

-TL

I love bloopers. Good stuff. I love how Tim Olyphant is telling the guy to tell his mom that he is Daniel Day-Lewis. He's like, "Now, when my mother comes up, you're Daniel Day-Lewis, right?"

Another good moment is when Tom is being interviewed and he's outside with his shirt off, and it's fucking snowing, and he looks at the camera and goes, "I don't know about these other people but I think this is perfect beer drinking weather." Then he pulls a beer and bottle opener out of nowhere haha

-JO

Funniest line/scene in Dreamcatcher:

Colonel Curtis (Morgan Freeman) talks with Owen (Tom Sizemore)

Owen: "Hey some of them get better, half of them at least will be over it, a few --"

Curtis: "WHICH ONES, MOTHER TERESA?!!!"

Damn he looked funny when he said that.

-TL

This is the first Stephen King movie i've watched without having read the book first, so that may have tempered my view, but i liked it. Sure, the fart humor got to be a little much at times, but it really had a strong cast, and ended up being a pretty fun ride. Got it from Wal-Mart for like $6, totally worth it. The interview with Stephen King was a great extra, i really think they should do that on every dvd release of his stuff (yes, even Maximum Overdrive--another one i really thought was a lot of fun). They sure were proud of their CGI though, weren't they?

Donnie Wahlberg was excellent !!!

"I'm Duddits !!!" (scoubidoo-bidoo...)

:D

This is the first Stephen King movie i've watched without having read the book first, so that may have tempered my view, but i liked it. Sure, the fart humor got to be a little much at times, but it really had a strong cast, and ended up being a pretty fun ride. Got it from Wal-Mart for like $6, totally worth it. The interview with Stephen King was a great extra, i really think they should do that on every dvd release of his stuff (yes, even Maximum Overdrive--another one i really thought was a lot of fun). They sure were proud of their CGI though, weren't they?

Maximum Overdrive is BAD-ASS!!! There is an extended scene floating around somewhere involving the lawn mower at the ball park. Anybody have the DVD with Special Features?

"Curtis, are you day-ed?"

Maximum Overdrive is BAD-ASS!!! There is an extended scene floating around somewhere involving the lawn mower at the ball park. Anybody have the DVD with Special Features?

"Curtis, are you day-ed?"

Is there a DVD with Special Features? That would rule.

Donnie Wahlberg was excellent !!!

"I'm Duddits !!!" (scoubidoo-bidoo...)

:D

Donnie Wahlberg did kick ass, but i was disappointed they went all CGI for the final battle. Was kinda disappointed with the original ending too, though. i have got to get the book, see if maybe they could have handled it better, with more Duddits.

Like I said in another thread, this movies is so bat-shit crazy and fucked that I can't help but appreciate it on some fucked up level.

My sister had read the book (she is fan of Stephen King), and there are differences : the end, the characters (Duddits is a little more developed, and some details such as for exemple it's the character of Henry who wearing glasses, etc).

The end of the film could have been better in my opinion.

Regarding Donnie Wahlberg ("Step by Step, oh baby ..."), his reconversion has been very successful, like his brother (I am in love of him... lol)," Boomtown ", etc ...

Personally, I adore the brothers Wahlberg. B)

Personally, I adore the brothers Wahlberg. B)

Me too, they're so dreamy :P

Nah, Mark is fine, he does some really good stuff and lots of mediocre stuff, but I always really like watching Donnie, there just always seems to be more going on with him.

Who knew there were so many Boomtown fans out there, had there only been more of us!!!!!

Oh, and the book ending was a lot better, it all took place in the memory warehouse building and .... no, I don't want to spoill it for anybody, but read it if you get the chance!

Me too, they're so dreamy :P

Nah, Mark is fine, he does some really good stuff and lots of mediocre stuff, but I always really like watching Donnie, there just always seems to be more going on with him.

Who knew there were so many Boomtown fans out there, had there only been more of us!!!!!

I love Donnie for his talent, and I love Mark for his talent AND his physical... (I am a woman, we can't fight against our nature). :D

Regarding Donnie, I think I've seen only in "Dreamcatcher" and "Boomtown"... Mark, I have all his films (except the first 2 of his career), and honestly, I loved them ALL (even if I have my preferences of course).

Oh, and the book ending was a lot better, it all took place in the memory warehouse building and .... no, I don't want to spoill it for anybody, but read it if you get the chance!

Snifff ! I want to know ! lol

No! i don't want to know! That's it, i'm picking up the book today--an ending in the memory warehouse, that i just have to read.

I love Donnie for his talent, and I love Mark for his talent AND his physical... (I am a woman, we can't fight against our nature). :D

Regarding Donnie, I think I've seen only in "Dreamcatcher" and "Boomtown"... Mark, I have all his films (except the first 2 of his career), and honestly, I loved them ALL (even if I have my preferences of course).

Snifff ! I want to know ! lol

i really end up liking both of them too (amazing how easy it has been for me to forget each of their "music" careers, that means these guys have acting chops).

And am i the only one who liked Rock Star?!

i really end up liking both of them too (amazing how easy it has been for me to forget each of their "music" careers, that means these guys have acting chops).

:)

Apparently, Donnie is currently working on the return of News Kids on The Block (but not Mark... ouf, lol).

And am i the only one who liked Rock Star?!

Me too ! (except the look of Mark... scary, lol)

For the end of "Dreamcatcher", he can place the tags "spoilers" ... ;)

Rock Star is a cult classic among heavy metal/rockNroll fans/bands. The movie ain't in same league as for instance High Fidelity or Almost Famous, but the music is amazing. That's the best songs for a fictional band I've ever heard. It's def. a movie for people who appreciate the 80s heavy music (and Jennifer Aniston..ka-dunk, ka-dunk...;P).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.