Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

I'm a complete idiot for Blood Red Shoes out of Brighton, England...

I Wish I Was Someone Better video:

and

their breakthough song It's Getting Boring By The Sea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEzKBUsyGYg

and live, Steven's a drumkit demon; crank up Can't Find The Door and wait for the intense drum finale.

Jen

Ooooo! Nice! Very White Stripes-ish.

I'm over the moon for Scottish band Sons And Daughters. They had an album out a couple years ago called The Repulsion Box, and now have a new album, which is more varied, called This Gift.

Right now I'm liking their earlier stuff better, but they've said in interviews that they wanted to branch out and not stay in same style and make a carbon copy record... - but I like their original sound! :P

Here's video for their song Johnny Cash; love Scott's vocals on it. Usually Adele is the main singer, and Scott does back up vocals on many a tune, but he's spotlighted here:

and here's a link to a couple live songs, done in an elevator, of all places. The first song is new, called Chains (love Scott's vocals), and then there's Dance Me In, another foot-stomper with Adele front 'n' center:

and check out an older song of theirs, called Taste The Last Girl, with a touch of The Smiths in parts, but definitely rockin':

Jen

Guest AdminGuyX

A very good friend of mine, Patrick Graney down in St. Pete, turned me on to Rise Against while working for Cox radio, and I still haven't stopped thanking him for it.

They have a tune called "Life Less Frightening" that I LOVE.

I really like "Ready to Fall" as well, I haven't picked up that CD yet, maybe an easter present to myself. :)

I don't always agree with their politics, or their point of view, but I do love the music and the way they express themselves.

Guest FADoss

I just bought that CD and the music is different but the same...AMAZING!!! They went a bit more emo, but the punk elements are still in tact. When I was in high school I first discovered Offspring. They attempted to appeal to more mainstream audiences and lost me in the process. RISE AGAINST is what Offspring should have/could have been!!!

I too love "Life Less Frightening".

Fred

I was digging through my cd cases, many of which are still packed from the move last year, and I found some old favorites. This has got to be one of my all time favorite album covers.

KMFDM.jpg

I remember playing KMFDM way late into the nights during house parties, drinking and having a blast with friends.

Here's a cool video to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOc4-uxjOEc

Listening to Alter Bridge feat Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)- Watch Over You. The song went from awesome to fucking awesome.

Listening to Alter Bridge feat Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)- Watch Over You. The song went from awesome to fucking awesome.

Ha,ha,ha, I swear I am listening to that duet as I type this...fucking awsome to say the least, so is her duet with Mega death.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm re-discovering the music of my youth. I picked up Pyromania, and High N' Dry over the weekend.

I hadn't heard Pyromania for maybe 15 years, but there is a new rock station here in Atlanta and they have been playing the song "Too Late For Love" and I said "Damn, that still sounds pretty good, I should buy the thing on i-tunes."

Never noticed it as a kid, because I wasn't as familiar with Bon Scott's voice as I am now, but there are certainly moments when Joe Elliott channels Bon Scott on High N Dry.

Perfect Day by Cascada

Eagles of Death Metal: Whorehoppin', Poor Doggie, I Only Want You, Flames Go Higher, Stuck in The Metal.

Loving to pieces the latest P.O.D.

Specially IT CAN'T RAIN EVERYDAY and ADDICTED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42ngxKWKHdU

I've never been into P.O.D. but I liked these. too. Maybe I'll pick up this new CD. This isn't music, but I found his comments on the song Addicted interesting. I like to know how songs come to be.

All try and put the bands I like into a list :P

Alter Bridge.

KoRn.

Seether.

Snow Patrol.

Limp Bizkit. ( I was a huge fan back in the day )

Linkin Park.

Slipknot. ( Of Volume 3. haven't gotten into the earlier stuff )

Stonegard. ( Everyone should check them out...)

Killswitch Engage.

Black Light Burns.

Breaking Benjamin.

Stone Sour.

Nonpoint.

Staind.

The Muffs - Honeymoon

I've never been into P.O.D. but I liked these. too. Maybe I'll pick up this new CD. This isn't music, but I found his comments on the song Addicted interesting. I like to know how songs come to be.

Meant to reply to this the other day but too much crap hit me all at once.

I enjoyed the clip K-skye, thank you. And yes I'm a take em or leave kinda fan of P.O.D. I hate just about as much of their stuff as I like. But this one struck me differently.

So much of the guitars and vocals have a Phil Lynott, Eric Bell feel to them that I was just drawn to it like a magnet. I really love this cd it is by far my favorite from P.O.D. and is just one I can't stop listening to.

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Her album is great.