Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

thanks, long time fan of the cult but didn't know this stuff. mid 90s I was boxing and doing very bad things and there album at the time was the sound track to my near decent into madness. long time ago...thanks for the memories

Those are brand spanking new cuts from the Cult.

The stuff from mid 90's would be this:

GREAT Disc! It is impossible for me to be objective about this. My favorite group. Hands down.

Let the bad memories go. Terrible to let shenpa hook into something like music. Music is everywhere. Enjoy it. Be stronger than your emotion my friend.

Those are brand spanking new cuts from the Cult.

The stuff from mid 90's would be this:

GREAT Disc! It is impossible for me to be objective about this. My favorite group. Hands down.

Let the bad memories go. Terrible to let shenpa hook into something like music. Music is everywhere. Enjoy it. Be stronger than your emotion my friend.

thanks again...that was a long time ago! what doesn't kill ya! just a massive ego trip wrapped around strippers bikers dope and guns

I can relate. Sounds like we could write a book.

Good gosh, this music thread is gettin' long... :lol:

Anyway, it looks like The Cult is still going strong with the unmistakable vocals of Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy on guitar and some fast piano playing in there as well! From what I've read, a 10th album is planned for release in 2014.

Did you know that Ian Astbury married Aimee Nash of The Black Ryder in 2012? I didn't know that til recently. http://loudwire.com/the-cult-singer-ian-astbury-weds-black-ryder-singer-bassist-aimee-nash/

The Black Ryder is one of my fave newer bands. I probably already posted this, but here's their cool, slow, Western-vibe side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ed1IsPMCK4

Jen

Speaking of trippy, you all have to help me out now to identify an unknown band (at least to me) who does a super (well, I think so) cover of "White Rabbit" originally by Jefferson Airplane.

I recorded the cover in the mid-1990s on college radio in NJ and I've been wondering ever since then who is singing the song! I uploaded the audio to YouTube with details in the description, including: "The vibe is trippy, drawn-out, gothic and psychedelic, but modern, with alluring, kinda menacing, sly, clear, sing-talking female vocals and a squelchy, sinuous undertow of synth notes, among other instruments."

If any of you know who's singing, pleeease let me know. I've trawled through most of YouTube and other sites, listening to tons of "White Rabbit" covers and none of them match this one:

Jen

in a Big Sugar mood lately...if you don't know who they are you some check them out on youtube. just listened to ride like hell, sugar in my coffee and heart refuse to pound goodbye train, better get used to it. my fav driving around at 3am songs...well along time ago

Here are some oldies but goodies.. of all genres.... (that I was and still am) obsessed with -- enjoy :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1z75y_the-police-walking-on-the-moon_music

just love the police...one of my favs from them and the base alone in this bed is too big without you is just awesome...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gndx_scritti-politti-absolute_music

one of my fav hits in the 80's...brings me back roller skating

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6c590_iio-is-it-love-mix_news

ignore the video (that is the only version of the song I like)...no other song like this out there!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw4c00_rush-subdivisions_music?search_algo=2

i'm from Toronto enough said...

my fav from Dave Matthew's Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CAHDI_vkSs

miss David Lee Roth...and i love his version of pretty woman too

Lately a lot of my friends have been asking me to make them mixes because apparently I have a knack for introducing people to new things (or to the old). So, of course I am more than glad to oblige. Also, I have a big obsession for instrumental bands and scores/soundtracks.

ONLY GOD FORGIVES (OST) by CLIFF MARTINEZ.

- Just an unbelievably graceful yet chaotic score that is constantly on repeat when I'm writing or just driving around through the night.

STOKER (OST) by CLINT MANSELL.

- This was another that really peaked my interest, especially with the HITCHCOCKian vibe and the mixture of orchestral piano pieces.

LES REVENANTS (OST) by MOGWAI.

- Now, I have always been a big fan of MOGWAI but, after discovering this gem (which was recently released) I could not get enough. This soundtrack to a french television show seemed to capture a vibe which I had not felt since ANGELO BADALAMENTI provided the music for TWIN PEAKS. I highly recommend it.

BADLANDS by DIRTY BEACHES.

- This is like ELVIS and SUICIDE had a love child which was spawned with neon lights. The songs SWEET 17, TRUE BLUE, and LORD KNOWS BEST really stand out with a great nostalgia.

SLAUGHTERHOUSE by TY SEGALL BAND.

- I've been an admirer of TY SEGALL, and everything his prolific career has flushed out since I first discovered him some odd years back. This whole album is truly just a throwback to bands like T. REX and BLACK SABBATH. If you like fast, hard, crazy, and sometimes creepy garage rock then I suggest you check it out. The final song, FUZZ WAR, sounds like it was straight up inspired by horror/sci-fi films of the 80's.

Stoned.....

Jen I did not find your band, but I did find this

The only other band that I found that kind of fits by discription is Stop The Car. They have a facebook page, and the album is named Crash, but that is the only track you can not listen to. I'm guessing a rights issue. Looking on the net, I did not find any videos but they did have a site.

As for myself, I have been listening to Fink.

Jen I did not find your band, but I did find this

The only other band that I found that kind of fits by discription is Stop The Car. They have a facebook page, and the album is named Crash, but that is the only track you can not listen to. I'm guessing a rights issue. Looking on the net, I did not find any videos but they did have a site.

As for myself, I have been listening to Fink.

Thanks for that, JWeb!! When I saw the band name Mephisto Walz, I thought for sure it would be a match, because of the "goth"-like name... Oh, well! I always thought it was spelled "Waltz" too, but I guess not...

Totally off that, here's some dream-pop for you - "We Are the Dreamers" by The Stargazer Lilies:

Time to lie back and dream...

Jen

Stoned.....

The Masters. I could watch and listen to Keith for days. Such soul.

Heard a song today that I haven't heard in awhile Depeche Modes Personal Jesus love that song. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here's a song that pops in my head from time to time:

NINA GORDON - TONIGHT AND THE REST OF MY LIFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29Wq7vWKDI

Was this song in the trailer for The Notebook &/or anywhere in the movie?