Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Guest AdminGuyX

I am a big fan of anything unplugged and/or live....I have the Dance by Fleetwood Mac, Hell freezes over by the Eagles, Alice in chains from Mtv unplugged.....things like that.....As of late I am trying to mellow out (2 year olds can stress you out BAD...) so I am diggin alot of classical.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately, Catherine Wheel, Five Finger Death Punch, Fort Minor, Mastodon, Cake, Disturbed, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine, Jay Z, Everlast and Six Bullet Roulette.

Here's link for the vid for "Crank" by Catherine Wheel. Love the churning guitars and dreamy, but propulsive sound, and how it all cranks up to a blistering bit of guitar at 2mins30secs...Ah, oldies, but goodies... Crank this up for full effect (and don't even watch the video; just soak up the sound):

Jen

I've been on a bis kick (not a Bisquick) the past couple of days after finding an old cassette of the Scottish band's fun pop-punk tunes. It's not rocket science, but the melodies are catchy and the rhythm is upbeat.

Check out the nutty, bouncy "Secret Vampires", which someone did a fan video on YouTube with old movie vampire footage to go along w/ the song:

Jen
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched a video of the Ohio State marching band that my son sent me. They are performing music from the video games of Halo, Tetrus , pokeman, mario, and others it was the most awsome thing I have ever seen. It is on you tube if you want to see it. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is really not my style, more of a classic rock guy...but getting a kick out of willy moon. i've watched his videos on youtube...nice kinda throw back and good sense of humor

I happen to like Alicia Keys the Song Girl on Fire and Brand New Me. I really love the way she sings. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

just broke out creatures of the night...82 by KISS!!! THOUGHS THAT KNOW, KNOW....THOSES THAT DON'T...WISH THEY DID!!!!

Is Tropic Of Cancer the female mirror of Joy Divison? Probably not, since the song below, "Court of Devotion", at least, is not loose 'n' dancey enough and has sustained vocals, but there's that dark bassline and an ominous pull into the unknown...

Jen

• 3 weeks later...

on this day in music history 1974 the hottest band in the world KISS released their first album...thanks for a life time of entertainment!!!

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I

This song has become a radio favorite of mine. Perhaps it will make you dance, a strong effect it has on me every time.

Their debut album My Head is an Animal is extraordinary! I highly recommend it.

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks

This song has become a radio favorite of mine. Perhaps it will make you dance, a strong effect it has on me every time.

Their debut album My Head is an Animal is extraordinary! I highly recommend it.

Nice! Thanks for the link to that video/song. I really like the video-work, and funnily enough, I just did a review of a video that has similar animation effects. I'll list that link here when I can get to it.

Jen

Here's the link to my review of the video for "House of Circles" by mr. Gnome. RIYL: Guillermo del Toro, Sin City, sci-fi stuff.

"Nicole Barille and Sam Meister have visually scribed a stunning and surreal sci-fi mythology in this mini-movie video epic directed by Sam himself."

http://www.adequacy....-circles-video/

Link to official video:

Jen

Nice! Thanks for the link to that video/song. I really like the video-work, and funnily enough, I just did a review of a video that has similar animation effects. I'll list that link here when I can get to it.

Jen

You’re welcome, Jen! :) Of Monsters & Men get creative when it comes to making their music videos. I'm enthralled by their songs.

Here's the link to my review of the video for "House of Circles" by mr. Gnome. RIYL: Guillermo del Toro, Sin City, sci-fi stuff.

"Nicole Barille and Sam Meister have visually scribed a stunning and surreal sci-fi mythology in this mini-movie video epic directed by Sam himself."

http://www.adequacy....-circles-video/

Link to official video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_N27v38_Y

Jen

Ooh…I really like this song & video! Stunning, indeed! Scary & fascinating.