Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Rodrigo Y Gabriela.

Summon the muses and dance your ass off like no one's watching.

Wow! Those are great songs. Their guitar strumming is insanely amazing. It's impossible not to move along to the rhythm. :P

Im going really old school at the minute and am going right back to Pearl Jam and going through every Album.

From 2008...so old... "Battle Royale" by Does It Offend You, Yeah? Electro-pop rock, or something like that...

Jen

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy. Sat. Night in Hartford!

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy. Sat. Night in Hartford!

How was it??! I was actually waiting all those years for a new "Axl" album, and then I totally lost track and didn't even realize the album came out until relatively recently! LOL

If I may ask, what do you think of the new material and Axl's singing? I was just looking/listening to old footage of G 'n' R on YouTube the other day. Great stuff! :D

Jen

I have been an Axl supporter all along. I love the new stuff. It's not a first time grab though. I got the disc and played it in the car a while and decided I liked about half of it. Mostly the stuff I had had on bootleg demo recordings for years. Then I listened to the disc with a pair of headphones and just sat and did nothing but listen and I was able to slip into the grooves and ride the melodies and find the cohesion of each track and how it all works as a completepeice of work.

I think Axl's singing better than ever. The show was stellar. I'd seen the old band five times. This buried those old shows. I had no idea who Slash was after seeing Bumblefoot play. Bumblefoot just killed every track. I love the new GNR. Dying for new stuff though. And I think he should do a group shot and release it and let the guys in the band get some glory instead of just being thought of as Axl's backing band.

Wow, cool Esco! Now I'll have to go and get the "latest" from Axl and company. Good point about them promoting themselves as a "band" and not just as Axl and his helpers...

Jen

I'm currently digging UNISON, a French duo that creates tumultuous to floaty, dark electro soundscapes with lovely, angelic female vocals. On their website they have 3 songs up.

Get past the "ring around the rosie" kids chant at the start, and "Blood Blood Blood" will accost you with laser blips and other noise with light female vocals gliding over the mix.

http://weareunison.tumblr.com/music

Jen

New Black Keys. They just cant seem to suck.

I have been listening to lady gaga. And earlier I was listening to the dave mathews band. Think I am going to get out my zeppelin cd and listen to it while I do my treadmill.

Hooked on DEEP PURPLE today in a big way. Always happens in the spring. Ever since I was a kid.

I'm into Deafheaven at the moment. The band's album Roads To Judah was released recently blew me away with its combination of melody and aggression. I love the mix of the sublime and the ferocious, with a glorious guitar frisson that reaches for the heavens amid a brutal assault of rapid-fire drumbeats and lead "singer" George’s viciously roaring vocals.

Check out "Violet":

Jen

Pretty cool. I loved it except for the "singer". Atmospheric and moving. I may buy this to work out to.

What I'm really digging is the new release from one of my all time favorites The Cult.

Check out the last one while your at it, Born Into This. It's great. Live they are just killing the last few times I saw them, Going again soon, Boston House of Blues.

The Cult! It's been a while since i listened to them last. Will have to check out the new album.

Ditto! :D

Pretty cool. I loved it except for the "singer". Atmospheric and moving. I may buy this to work out to.

Deafheaven should release an instrumental album... ;)

Let me know if they do. I'd be all over it.

Hands down the two albums I can't get enough of right now are "Signs and Signifiers" from JD McPherson, and "Archer St. Blues" from The Starkweather Boys. I'm listening to a lot more of my old Johnny Horton records again as well.

After the upsetting day I had I listened to Burton Cummings the song called Stand Tall. I bet half of you don't know who he is. But thats okay. :(

THE CULT - CHOICE OF WEAPON out yesterday. Listened to it all day today. LOVE it! In Two weeks live @ The House of Blues in Boston. I WILL BE there. Can't wait.

Deafheaven should release an instrumental album... ;)

This is for Esco especially - You may want to check out the band Sleep Maps, if you want a more instrumental vibe, but still some pace and agression that's not black metal, etc... There are some "talking vocals" in the songs at times, like what you'd hear on a 3am transmission on a TV with rabbit ears, or something like that.

The fast drumming and ascending guitars of "Men Against the Stars" is pretty cool:

Jen

Thanks! I'll check more of it out. Very cool. I like this music to work out. Stuff I'm not overly familiar with that won't make me think about bagging the workout and grabbing some brews.