Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

More sh**gazer. This time from Crystal Stilts. Little bit of Joy Division, Velvet Underground, My Bloody Valentine, etc.

I'm always heartened that this sound has it's roots in some of my favorite artists - Brian Eno & John Cale. Two true music revolutionaries that, if you haven't heard 'em, you must.

- he's more than just the Hallelujiah dude f/ Shrek.

A friend from Facebook posted up an old tune from way back...here's some old shit...

Even though I've owned the score for some time... lately I've been listening to Hans Zimmer's original score for Kung Fu Panda a lot. I'd like to remind everyone that Kung Fu Panda is the perfect homage to classic Kung Fu movies and probably the best American produced Kung Fu movie ever (provided you accept that Big Trouble in Little China does not classify as a Kung Fu movie per se. Because as we all know Big Trouble in Little China is the single greatest work of film in the history of EVER.)

I've been getting into Slash's new solo album. There are some pretty good tracks, a lot forgetable though. Ironically, the one I was dreading to listen to is probably one of the best tracks. There's just something that made me shake my head when I saw Slash and Fergie in the same track listing:

I caught this on NPR the other day and thought I should post it. It is an interview with Danger Mouse (the musician, not the cartoon ;) ) and Daniele Luppi on their upcoming album.

They recruited musicians that have worked with Ennio Morricone on scores such as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Once Upon A Time In The West. The audio is long, but there are some clips of the new songs, and they share some of Ennio's qualities.

Plus, they have Jack White on vocals on a few tracks.

http://www.npr.org/2010/11/11/131244107/fr...cc=asc-20101112

Been watching the American version of Pennies From Heaven with Steve Martin & Bernadette Peters.

And, of course, the famous

Zeppin' .....

Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp.

The Rover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XikK2RJdZ18

Out on the Tiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rp2lnRjNh8

REALLY LOVING the New disc by the Twilight Singers- Dynamtite Steps. Dulli's output in the last, what?, ten years? 15? Just consistantly amazing. Every album is like a film and just passionate as hell. Great writing, great passion. Just got tix to catch them in May in NYC. Whose in?

Out Of Our Minds by Melissa auf Der Maur. No stop for almost a week in my car. The title track is jaw dropping.

I should break down and get the cd/dvd combo so I can see the short film that goes with it. Vikings, nature and a women in present day, with blood as the connecting factor.

I am jamming Metal Church's second disc ,The Dark, from way back in the day. A guy I work with and I were talking metal and they came up and I hadn't heard it in years. I popped it off of itunes and goddamn it holds up well. It's a strong disc.

The Tron: Legacy soundtrack. Awesome. It added so much to the film. Just wish the tracks were a bit longer.

Ghetto Love by Spinerette. Really digging this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTS8nPGJIPc

Yeah, Spinerette! Brody Dalle! For some reason I didn't get into her band The Distillers, but I love this band and the self-titled debut album.

I haven't watched this vid yet, but will soon. :)

Jen

Merle Haggard has taken hold and I can't cut 'em loose.

Big City

Are the Good Times Really Over

I REALLY want Tom to consider doing a biopic of Merle. Tom can easily morph into a mid-life Merle and could play guitar, too. Plus, Tom looks great in Western wear! C'mon, you know it's a good idea....... ;)

THE KINKS

Ray Davies - a master songwriter who simply doesn't get enough respect.

(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman Fabby video w/ spanish subtitles and a vintage Superman who smokes cigarettes!

A million times yes! HUGE fan of The Kinks & Ray Davies! I haven't got Davies' new CD, yet, but I really need to soon; he's one of my all-time faves.

A million times yes! HUGE fan of The Kinks & Ray Davies! I haven't got Davies' new CD, yet, but I really need to soon; he's one of my all-time faves.

Awesome! Somewhere in some recent web surfing I came across someone who said God shines through the gap in Davies teeth. Brilliant.

New Crystal Stilts - In Love With Oblivion

My mental video of this song is a series of slow motion Harryhousen-monsters with even slower shots of screaming-dames-in-danger-in-silver-thigh-high-boots offset by acid-induced-pulsing-purple-protozoa cutaways. What can I say? The kids have old Willy Wonka and 20 Millions Miles to Earth on heavy rotation lately....

Flying Into the Sun

Prometheus At Large

I saw the Twilights Singers in NYC last friday night. The show was amazing. I didn't think they could be that great live. Just amazing. Been on a kick ever since.

But I gotta admit The Kinks sound good. That might move me.

Margo and the Nuclear So and So's. I am hooked.

I saw the Twilights Singers in NYC last friday night. The show was amazing. I didn't think they could be that great live. Just amazing. Been on a kick ever since.

You can't go wrong with Greg Dull (of Afghan Whigs, Gutter Twins with Mark Lanegan, and solo). Dynamite Steps is an awesome album! :D

Jen

Maylene and the sons of desaster

Rodrigo Y Gabriela.

Summon the muses and dance your ass off like no one's watching.