Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Switching back and forth between the new ALTERBRIDGE and new NIGHTWISH cds.

Once in awhile I get feeling my age and put in some QUEEN live with PAUL RODGERS doing the vocals.

Guest AdminGuyX

I like Paul Rodgers on vocals for Queen. Kelli (my girlfriend Kelli, not the one who posts on these boards) isn't fond of it. But I dig it.

Some times I like the old stuff, not often, I'm old, but not an OLDIES kind of guy. So Paul Rodgers fits the bill for when I like to listen to some old stuff, his QUEEN live and then FREE and BAD COMPANY always good shit.

But right now at this exact moment I am listening to THIN LIZZY LIVE and DANGEROUS.

I like Paul Rodgers on vocals for Queen. Kelli (my girlfriend Kelli, not the one who posts on these boards) isn't fond of it. But I dig it.

that's actually funny because i think paul rodgers sounds a lot better when he's not with queen. :)

--

some of the stuff i like:

humble pie

nouvelle vague

billie holiday

hank mobley

Guest AdminGuyX

OK. Don't fucking laugh. I popped "Appetite for Destruction" into the player yesterday, and ended up listening to the whole damn CD. I'd forgotten that some of the songs on there are pretty good. I found an old box of CD's that I haven't touched in a long time, that's the first of them. Damn Yankees is in there too. :) hahaha.

I've also been listening to Shinedown a lot. Really dig that band.

Do we have any fans of "Faith and The Muse" here? I don't like all thier stuff, but songe like "Cantus" and "The Silver Circle" are very cool.

Guest FADoss
OK. Don't fucking laugh. I popped "Appetite for Destruction" into the player yesterday, and ended up listening to the whole damn CD. I'd forgotten that some of the songs on there are pretty good. I found an old box of CD's that I haven't touched in a long time, that's the first of them. Damn Yankees is in there too. :) hahaha.

I've also been listening to Shinedown a lot. Really dig that band.

Do we have any fans of "Faith and The Muse" here? I don't like all thier stuff, but songe like "Cantus" and "The Silver Circle" are very cool.

G&R...I was very surprised how much I like them in hindsight. I wasn't a big fan back then, but actually like a lot of their music now.

Shinedown is amazing. My little sister had me listen to "45" and their rendition of the Skynrd hit "Simple Man". Picked up that album and bought their sophomore effort as soon as it came out. "Heroes" is an amazing song.

Standing in line at Hastings recently, I've seen the video to "Pretender" by Foo Fighters at least a half dozen times. Love the video and finally bought the CD. Those guys are great. Pretty much between them, Finger 11 and Fall Out Boy on my CD player lately...with Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin sneaking in on my iPod occasionally.

Frederic

Just picked up the new one from COHEED & CAMBRIA, running free is a great tune.

Guest FADoss
Just picked up the new one from COHEED & CAMBRIA, running free is a great tune.

Love their remake of Sister Christian as well...AWESOME!

Guest AdminGuyX

I loathe, detest, and simply cannot stand Coheed and Cambria. At least, the stuff they played on the radio for a little while made me want to gouge my own eyes out with rusty railroad ties.

BUT, I went to I-tunes and checked out "running free" and will admit that it sounds cool.

I did hear a new song today I immediatley went to work and downloaded on I-tunes. It's called "Home" By Marc Broussard. Great blues tune. Very moody, would be great in a film. I think I heard some of his other stuff on that K-ville show a few weeks back too.

And The Pretender is probably the coolest video I've seen in a long, long time. Love the way it's shot, the way it builds up, and the end is cool. Visually it's simple, but I loved it. And the song is easily one of my new favorites.

Also revisted the Papa Roach CD "Getting Away with Murder" today, and have to say I think I underestimated how much I like thier stuff. When they do straight up rock and roll, they kick ass.

Yeah, I will agree that Coheed & Cambria is a love or hate band no inbetween. I absolutley hated most of the tunes on their last release, but because I know they SUCK or are GREAT i picked up the new one and I really enjoy the songs, MOTHER SUPERIOR is another really good song off the new one.

I've also been revisting some of the old BRUCE DICKENSON, sans Iron Maiden, solo stuff, CHEMICAL WEDDING is a real good CD.

And I'm starting to shift into one of those "IRISH MUSIC" modes. So I'm spinning lots of SAW DOCTORS, WOLFTONES, GAELIC STORM, FLOGGING MOLLY and of course DROPKICK MURPHIES! I think they have a new one coming out I'll have to check. If you haven't heard FIELDS OF ATHENRY or LAST LETTER HOME, then you haven't heard some REALLY GOOD MURPHY tunes! ...ah, now I gotta go spin em!

Guest FADoss
Also revisted the Papa Roach CD "Getting Away with Murder" today, and have to say I think I underestimated how much I like thier stuff. When they do straight up rock and roll, they kick ass.

I saw them in concert with Linkin Park and HED PE awhile back. Papa Roach is amazing.

I loathe, detest, and simply cannot stand Coheed and Cambria. At least, the stuff they played on the radio for a little while made me want to gouge my own eyes out with rusty railroad ties.

BUT, I went to I-tunes and checked out "running free" and will admit that it sounds cool.

I did hear a new song today I immediatley went to work and downloaded on I-tunes. It's called "Home" By Marc Broussard. Great blues tune. Very moody, would be great in a film. I think I heard some of his other stuff on that K-ville show a few weeks back too.

And The Pretender is probably the coolest video I've seen in a long, long time. Love the way it's shot, the way it builds up, and the end is cool. Visually it's simple, but I loved it. And the song is easily one of my new favorites.

Noeland, I love "Home" by Marc Broussard. I've had that one on my playlist for quite a while and it's one of the few that stays on my ipod. I could listen to that one all day. Marc Broussard is GREAT. It actually has been used in television promos for Medium. And if you like that one, check out "Soul Custody" by David Garza. I first heard that in the Billy Bob Thornton movie, The Badge, and I fell in love with it.

I've also been listening to a bit of Tegan & Sara lately. My favorite of theirs so far is "Walkin' With a Ghost" (I actually have that one as my ringtone).

I'm really diggin' Corinne Bailey Rae (Like a Star, Put Your Records On) too. Those are also permanent fixtures on my ipod.

"Papa Roach" is great too. I love "Scars".

Mediumfan

ah crap man I got to much classic american rock I like.

But right now I'm listening to -Rock you like a hurricane by the scorpions

And also the 2000 version of it.

It's a pretty Raw song.

I've also been listening to a bit of Tegan & Sara lately. My favorite of theirs so far is "Walkin' With a Ghost" (I actually have that one as my ringtone).

Mediumfan

I've heard The Con album by Tegan & Sara, and while I really like the energy, the lyrics, the song structures, I can't get past some of the strident nature of their singing, you know? It's a bit too sharp, and medium-range and whining for my tastes - just my opinion. :P At least when you listen to the whole album at one sitting...

Jen

This may not be to a lot of people on this board's liking, but I just picked up Queen Latifah's new album, which is a mix of jazz and pop standards. If you're in the mood for something mellow, check this out. It's called "Travelin' Light", and it's great. She also has an album called "The Dana Owens album", which is excellent.

I'm also listening to Nickelback's album and Chris Isaak's greatest hits.

Just whatever comes to mind, but the Tifah album is really great, and it's what I'm mainly listening to.

Mediumfan

I've been spending a lot of hours in the car the last few days and the new cd from Marc Cohn has not left the player. I love his story telling and I've been a fan since I 1st heard "Walking in Memphis". The new one has great tunes on it.

I'm all fucking girly since Itunes finally brought Led Zepplin's catalogue into the digital age.

I skipped a lot of this in my youth because I was too into metal but the genius cannot be denied.

I've spent stupid money grabbing my favorites so far.

LZ III is lighting my fuse.

- tb

PS - Also been listening to a lot of old Bowie recently, and Neil Young . . . Bizarre combo I know . . .

Still, Fuck me sideways if I ain't walking around with a nose for goddamn goodness at this juncture of my life.

Well, as usual I'm getting into some music. Dabbling here and there but lately I've got to say that I've been listening to alot of soundtracks, scores, composers, etc. I love a good soundtrack and score by an amazing composer.

I've had the following in circulation:

-Halloween by John Carpenter

-Escape From New York by John Carpenter

-The Thing by Ennio Morricone

-Creepshow by John Harrison

-Saw by Charlie Clouser

-Unbreakable by James Newton Howard

-Twin Peaks by Angelo Badalamenti

-No Direction Home Original Soundtrack by Bob Dylan

Also been listening to alot of Dead Can Dance. When I heard their song, The Host of Seraphim, at the end of The Mist it stayed with me so I had to have it.

The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3 : Rare And Unreleased, 1961-1991 [bOX SET] by Bob Dylan is really, really good. I've always been a fan of Bob Dylan but these bring back some memories.

Neil Young's Decade has been gracing my ears along with The Misfits Box Set which is phenomenal, especially since the box is shapped like a damn coffin.

JO

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I used to kind of hate Zeppelin because everyone else LOVED them so much. It wasn't until I was about 30 I started to listen to their music and really get into it. Now I'm a fan.

I just clocked about 2200 miles (about 32 hours of driving) on my car in a period of about 10 days. Most of it driving across country by my lonesome, so the CD player was my only company.

I drove up to Michigan to be with family for turkey day, and to support my (and the irish guy's) mom through a surgery for cancer. She's doing good, BTW. Better than I expected. Best Christmas gift I could ever get!!!

:)

I listened to a LOT of music on the road.

DownIII played often,

as did Shinedown,

Korn,

Paramore,

and many, many I-tunes compilation CD's. Including, but limited to:

John Gorka

Audioslave

Allman Brothers

Muddy Waters

BB King

Bif Naked

Fuel

Lovehammers

Seether

William Shatner and Ben Folds Five (this is some funny shit)

The Verve Pipe (while driving through Ann Arbor no less)

Kings of Leon

COC

My brother Tom's CD (he passed about 3 years back - from cancer)

And lots more. I brought 2 big books of CD's, and I think I went through them both twice.

My last view of Michigan, I'm pulling out of my sister's driveway at 6am, it's pitch black, and my headlights fall on a HERD of white tail deer running across an open field. Jeff Buckley was playing. It was a great way to start my trip back to Atlanta.

Njc--------------------------

Sorry to hear about your brother, Noeland. But glad to hear that your mother is doing good. I wish her the best.

I've always loved Led Zeppelin. My favorite song was Heartbreaker for the longest time. Still is but there are a few that give it a run for it's money. I love the song Trampled Under Foot and Kashmir. The live version of Moby Dick is pretty powerful too. Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Rock N Roll, etc. All good.

Also been listening to alot of Ludwig Van Beethoven, (makes me sound like Alex DeLarge haha) my favorite song being Moonlight Sonata. That song is so beautiful that I could listen to it for hours.

JO

Someone above mentioned movie soundtracks and composers, which is something I have had a years long love affair with. I have piles of soundtracks, both compilations and original compositions. I have discovered a lot of new favorites by listening to movie soundtracks. You can find some awesome mixes of great music on them. But some of the composers who are working in film today are geniuses, and much of their music is iconic, not only because of its ability to trigger a memory of a particular movie or image from a movie, but also because of its pure genius and its ability to transport us to another place. Here are some of my favorite movie composers and some of my favorite scores that they've done.

John Williams (of course)- Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., Space Camp, almost anything he does is great.

James Horner - Titanic, Patriot Games

Alan Silvestri - Forrest Gump (yes, he did part of that one), Grumpy Old Men, Contact

Angelo Badalamenti ( a recent favorite of mine) - Lost Highway, Christmas Vacation, Nightmare on Elm Street 3; Dream Warriors

Hans Zimmer - True Romance, Beyond Rangoon, Something to Talk About, all of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks (the man is absolutely chameleonic with his music because no two scores ever sound the same)

That's just a few of my favorites.

Mediumfan

feeling old again, listening to URIAH HEAP, HUMBLE PIE and just a touch of PINK FLOYD'S, DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.