Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

I freakin' love the music director on Hung. Last night I was watching the season finale (again :P ), that scene with Ray and Mrs. Koontz, when the perfect song played throughout. Have Mercy by Loretta Lynn!!(One of the greatest female singers of all time)

This song is beyond brilliant. I couldn't find a video of it, but it suits the scene and show perfectly. Just one of the fantastic collaborations between a country legend and the incredible Jack White.

Here's one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK5D8nWADTQ...feature=related

The two most unlikely people in the music industry teamed up to produce one of the greatest albums ever, Van Lear Rose, and they won a Grammy for it. Here she is in her seventies, making music with Jack White, of all people, and winning the highest award the music industry offers, when most people were probably telling her she should retire. But nope, she did a Johnny Cash and reinvented herself on this album and showed them all.

Guest AdminGuyX
Michael Bublè comes out with a new CD in October, hope the majority of the songs sound like this:

Michael Bublè- Haven't Met You Yet.

Nothing against his jazz stuff, but songs like Home, Lost and Everything are just great... IMO. :)

Can't say I like that song, it's a bit pop for me, but I think he's an interesting artist and I laughed my ass off when he was on Chris Isaac's talk show. He's a funny guy.

I'm partial to his versions of Feeling Good and Spider Man especialy. I do like Everything though. It's a catchy damn song.

I'm getting pretty excited about the new Alice In Chaines album. One more week to go. I was not too keen on replaceing the singer. I always thought Jerry should have taken over the singing rather than hire someone, but a few years ago, I got to see them live with the current singer, and I have to say I was blown away. I didn't think they would he would be as good as he was.

A lot of reviewer have been comparing the new album and situation to AC/DC's Back and Black. I can see the comparison, it's nice to see they still have the classic Alice sound. Here's the AIC Black Gives Way to Blue sampler:

Guest AdminGuyX

Wow. I was kind of hoping they would sound different with a new singer, and maybe cultivate something new. This is the first I've heard them since the new guy came aboard. He sounds a lot more like Layne Staley than Brian Johnson sounds like Bon Scott, but I do get that comparison as well.

I downloaded "check my head" on I-tunes tonight, and it really does sound like old school Alice. So much so it could have been a track on "Dirt" and sound perfectly at home. Kind of eerie.

I like the new AIC, but I think it feels much more like a Jerry Cantrell solo album (nothing wrong with that), rather than a AIC album. I would have loved to hear MORE from William in it... At least live they rule hard with the old songs, and it's great with some proper rock in these times of ours.

Still REALLY enjoying my new favorite band VOLBEAT...

But I am also digging some SICK PUPPIES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2bohKixLt8...feature=related

and 5 FINGER DEATH PUNCH

Check out "Suicide Is Painless" (M*A*S*H theme with the lyrics) by Lady & Bird (aka Keren Ann, and Bardi Johannsson of Bang Gang) to brighten up your day:

http://www.myspace.com/ladyandbirdband

The self-titled Lady & Bird album is one of my all-time favorite albums.

I love the calming to melancholic mood of the instrumentation and vocals contrasted with the winsome to disquieting lyrics.

I find that the engaging melodies, pleasantly gentle to trippy instrumentation and sweetly airy to softly wistful vocals belies the seriousness of the incisive to morbid lyrics that delve into themes of death, the possible meaningless of and fleeting nature of life, and the disconnect between fantasy and reality.

Here's the link to my Interview with Keren Ann and Bardi:

http://www.adequacy.net/2009/08/interview-...n-of-lady-bird/

Jen

All this talk about Glen Sherley got me to lookin'

Greystone Chapel written by Glen Sherley, performed by Johnny Cash:

"Inside the walls of prison my body may be, but my Lord has set my soul free."

Well Saturday night Mangakaoftradgedy and I attended the Anime Detroit convention. We didn't expect much...and we didn't get much. It was this conventions 1st year. But I was just floored by the band they had for a Saturday afternoon concert. The band is called EYESHINE. And what really floored me was how damned good they were. I felt like I was attending a private concert. There were only about 50 people in the place and yet they still put on an awesome show....oh, I forgot to mention, The lead singer is Johnny Young Bosch...the original BLACK RANGER from the Power Rangers movies and TV show.

I picked up The Dead Weather's album last week. I've been digging it more every spin. Safe to say, the video for the first single will not be making it on MTV or whatever station plays videos these days.

I picked up The Dead Weather's album last week. I've been digging it more every spin. Safe to say, the video for the first single will not be making it on MTV or whatever station plays videos these days.

I like how the light streams through the bullit holes at the end of the video. :P

The leaves are changing color & it rained yesterday so it's automatically Kate Bush.

The Ninth Wave

Nice - what's your most fave album by her? I think mine is The Dreaming. It's pretty densely textured with more emotive vocals than some of her lighter, breezier (?) albums...

Jen

Has anyone heard the new Muse album? Is it any good?

I haven't been keeping up with what's new lately music-wise for the "bigger" bands/singers.

Same goes for Placebo and Depeche Mode and Sonic Youth.

I heard the 1st single for Placebo and wasn't thrilled until the "dream brother" segment, heard the 1st Depeche Mode single and liked it but not enough to persue getting the album. Haven't heard any of Sonic Youth (yet).

Jen

Well, to tell the truth I am promoting a bunch of bands on Long Island. Paul Ranieri, the music director for my production company, BellMojo Productions, plays with several acts including the Mark Wood Experience. Check out a segment from

. I am also promoting a wicked boogie soul/funk act named the Vinyl Stash. And if you are looking for a circus sideshow hardcore punk act, go no further than Eggplant Queens! Check 'em out, then respond with your unabashed vitriol!

I am also promoting a wicked boogie soul/funk act named the Vinyl Stash.

Pretty fun stuff. The Evil Knievel song CRACKS me up - was just reminicing about him the other day!

I can't stop listening to this cover of

(yes the band is exactly what it sounds like).

The new Rammstein album!!

Yep, they're back with a bang! :P

I love the heavy sound. Just like the good old days.

Yeah, the new album is pretty good. It's a good balance of the earlier albums and newer ones.