Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Wow! Thanks for turning me on to these guys, Noe. Been listening to them all morning. Right up my alley. Reminds me of stripped down Jesus & MaryChain along w/ Ride & Velvet Underground. Where would be w/o reverb?

BTW, heard an AMAZING album this w/e by Detroit's own MC5. I knew some of MC5's tracks but hearing all of Kick out the Jams truly blew my mind. It also could've been my friends geeked out stereo - separate foundation, speed controller & power generator for the turntable, pure silver speaker cables, etc.

Does Detroit actively honor MC5's place in rock history?

Since we watched Iron Man again last night, I have that Black Sabath song in my head non-stop.

Wow! Thanks for turning me on to these guys, Noe. Been listening to them all morning. Right up my alley. Reminds me of stripped down Jesus & MaryChain along w/ Ride & Velvet Underground. Where would be w/o reverb?

BTW, heard an AMAZING album this w/e by Detroit's own MC5. I knew some of MC5's tracks but hearing all of Kick out the Jams truly blew my mind. It also could've been my friends geeked out stereo - separate foundation, speed controller & power generator for the turntable, pure silver speaker cables, etc.

Does Detroit actively honor MC5's place in rock history?

In Michigan and specially around Detroit, the MC5 are pretty much, hailed, revered and iconic. We look at it as the rest of the world has forgotten how damned good they were...like the Rockets and Mitch Ryder.

In Michigan and specially around Detroit, the MC5 are pretty much, hailed, revered and iconic. We look at it as the rest of the world has forgotten how damned good they were...like the Rockets and Mitch Ryder.

Glad to hear it. I think they should be hailed, revered, and iconic for the whole nation!

Guest AdminGuyX

You're very welcome kdedu, my pleasure. I discovered them after "fault lines" was features on the show Bones. I tracked down the lyrics online, then downloaded some music and became a fan. Similiar thing with Gaslight Anthem, I heard the song 59 sound while I was waiting for a movie to start.

I was hoping this would be that kind of thread that we could share and enjoy new music. I love new stuff, and I mean "new to me" as much as recently released. I have a healthy dose of music I listen to over and over again, but I will always need a healthy influx of fresh music too.

Been listening to Linkin Park's "New Divide" and a bunch of newer Nickelback (Sue me, I'm a Canuck).

Yeah, listening to the Transformers 2 soundtrack... Haven't seen the movie yet, but the soundtrack makes me think back to the original Crow soundtrack. which I still play on occasion.

Here's a Swedish band that's not bad!

April Devine

:)

Loved em, specially Let me go and Coma. Thanks man.

I've been working on a 10 page short story for a horror anthology comic...and listening to a lot of THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH as I draw.

Finished up a 10 page short horror story for an anthology and I'm dive'n back into Blackfeather issue #1...

listen'n to DOPE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xztnqOibyg

and Veer Union

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxq2-_LeOPo&feature=fvw

The Afters - Ocean Wide

This song's been grabbing me lately, so thought I'd share.

I like their song, Never going back to OK.

Probably one the most underrated bands around.

Give the songs a chance, it might not be what you usually listen to but lyrically and musically these guys are one of a kind.

Anathema - Panic -

Anathema - Temporary Peace - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5JTSYs0iE...feature=related

Anathema - BARRIERS -

Anathema - Closer -

Anathema - Release -

Slipknot, disturbed, a day to remember, linkinpark...

i can go on forever...

So MangaKaofTragEdEY and I are blasting down I-94 listening to tunes on the Metal Channel in our brand spank'n new Dodge Caliber that Obama was nice enough to buy for us with the Cash for Clunkers deal....anyway, we are listen'n to sirius radio METAL and on comes this band I've never heard of

VOLBEAT

... fucking great cover of an old country and western classic..."I'm so lonesome I could cry"...YES THAT CLASSIC! METALED! I'm sure it's a sin someplace or another to do this to such a great ol' song...BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!

This one they say was inspired by their love of Johnny Cash songs. This is probably my FAVORITE! BE BRAVE YOU'LL LOVE TOO!!!!!

And one more just cause I really dig this band now...off I go to find more of their shit!

Guest AdminGuyX

I've been jamming out in the studio to a really great Blues Rock band named "The Black Keys"

http://www.theblackkeys.com/

Strange Times, and Lies being my favorite songs so far. These guys are a little bit trippy, a little gritty, and to my surprise from the city I'm currently calling home, Akron Ohio.

I really dig the water color looking website too.

:)

Andy, digging Volbeat too. Thanks for the links. Downloading! :lol:

So MangaKaofTragEdEY and I are blasting down I-94 listening to tunes on the Metal Channel in our brand spank'n new Dodge Caliber that Obama was nice enough to buy for us with the Cash for Clunkers deal....anyway, we are listen'n to sirius radio METAL and on comes this band I've never heard of

VOLBEAT

... fucking great cover of an old country and western classic..."I'm so lonesome I could cry"...YES THAT CLASSIC! METALED! I'm sure it's a sin someplace or another to do this to such a great ol' song...BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!

This one they say was inspired by their love of Johnny Cash songs. This is probably my FAVORITE! BE BRAVE YOU'LL LOVE TOO!!!!!

And one more just cause I really dig this band now...off I go to find more of their shit!

LOL!

Black Keys! Great band. The new stuff is a bit diffrent from the old, but I like when bands evolve. I'm sure you've noticed that they do the intro song for HUNG. The Big Come Up is one of my favorite albums from them.

With the Beatles remastered catalog being released next week (9/9/09), I find myself inextricably drawn to these guys.

Two...Two...Two icons in one!

Michael Bublè comes out with a new CD in October, hope the majority of the songs sound like this:

Michael Bublè- Haven't Met You Yet.

Nothing against his jazz stuff, but songs like Home, Lost and Everything are just great... IMO. :)

Michael Bublè comes out with a new CD in October, hope the majority of the songs sound like this:

Michael Bublè- Haven't Met You Yet.

Nothing against his jazz stuff, but songs like Home, Lost and Everything are just great... IMO. :)

Thanks for the heads up on that, Recoil. And the link to the vid. That's AWEsome!! I've heard his jazz stuff and always liked it, but this is wicked good too! That tune is gonna be stuck in my head for days now. It's just too damn catchy!!! :P

I'll be looking for that album for sure.