Sign in to follow this  
MikeyP

How Geek are You?

Well, I pretty much topped my old usual self by getting in the Wizard Magazine annual costume contest that came out in issue 193 yesterday. And it got me thinking, wow... that was pretty over the top in the geek department. Most people who know me, know my adoration for all things Halloween related...so I'm giving myself a free pass on this one. Anyone else got any of those kind of moments?

wizard2.jpg

You look pretty good in that pic. Trust me, there are worse things you could do than that. Plus, you have kids, so you can get away with dressing up. That's the excuse I use ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

Oh yeah, you get a pass. I don't costume, but I've certainly had about a million geek moments in my life. I don't consider myself a star trek fan, but I still find myself in conversations about the warp drive. Can a Jedi become powerful enough to split a planet in half? Had that conversation too. And I coined the phrase "That is end of the world cool" in a conversation with my girlfriend about a ride at Disney. My friends still use it to make fun of me.

B)

Is it geeky to run a web site (well, Yahoo Group...well, actually 4 total Groups on said actor) on an actor and keep blabbing about him to one 'n' all, even on his own Forum, where he might actually be perusing the posts and warily eyeing my ramblings about him?? :lol:

Jen

Just so MikeyP ain't hangin' out there all by his self...here are my daughter and myself showing our geek-a-tude at the last Harry Potter premiere. I get to brag a bit because I made the costumes from scratch. My daughter went as Draco Malfoy and I was her Deatheater body guard. But this was my one and only time I ever costumed. I like makin' them not wearin' them.

Daddy Deatheater.

daddy-deatheater.jpg

Daddy Deatheater and Daughter Malfoy.

Daddy-Death-Eater.jpg

Here is a photo of one other costume I made.

Millions Knives from the Trigun manga.

abbey-as-Millions-Knives.jpg

Again I get to brag a bit. This is made from scratch with material from around the house and about 50 bucks worth of stuff from Jo-ann fabrics. It won 1st place at the 07 motorcity comic con.

My daughter always falls for the bad guys. She loves Millions knives, Kiaba, the bad guy in yu-gi-oh, James from team rocket (pokemon), Gutsu the black swordsman from the BERZERK manga/anime and just recently, MALFOY and BLACKHEART from the ghost rider movie. She had a crush on Race Bannon when she was, like, 7 years old, she quickly got over it and settled into loving the bad guy.

This has lead me to get out my copy of THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, and study the scene were he hunts for a station wagon that would closest resemble a HEARST. That is what my AZTEC looks like! I got the seats out of the back so I can fit bodies back there. That way when she brings home the asshole boy friends I can kill them and drag the bodies up to the north woods of Michigan where no one will ever find them...mmwwaaaahaha!...it pays to be a DEATHEATER!!!!

well I do a Punisher costume and used to do a Darth Vader costume for all the conventions I go to. I made Marvel.com with my Punisher costume from this past Wizard World Chicago...is that geeky enough LOL

Aaron

marvelpun1.jpg

marvelpun2.jpg

marvelpun3.jpg

original link to the pics

http://www.marvel.com/news/2.1416

Hey since it is almost Christmas i thought I'd post a Halloween costume!....time just flies by man!

My kid as BLACKHEART from the Ghostrider flick.

P1000303.jpg

No, trust me on this guys and girls . . . That's geeky.

Just embrace it. Be ONE with your geekatude.

Asses are the ones making fun of people having fun.

Still trying to think of my geekiest moment.

Will alert when I have accessed that information . . . Stand by.

Does talking like a geek count?

- tb

Ok, time for a GEEK update...and GOD DAMNED proud of her!

Go here and scroll down to the 9pm blog entry...

http://www.myvoiceoverguy.com/voice-over/d...ime-wonderland/

Way to go Abbey!

:)

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY IAM THAT D.C. POSTED ABOUT ME IN HIS BLOG!!!!!!!

This Was His First Con Ever and i made him Happy!!!!!!!!!!(i'm also a member of his facebook page he even replyed back)

(i'm on his site too. )

For More PICS MAKE SURE YOU VISIT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!!!

HERE YOU GO! :Visit My Website

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!! I Acutally Made A New Friend!^^

Guest AdminGuyX
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY IAM THAT D.C. POSTED ABOUT ME IN HIS BLOG!!!!!!!

You so deserve it Abbey! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you so happy! :)

I'm glad he got to meet you at his first con. That makes it even more special!

Plus, you have set the bar for every one else he meets at cons.

Very cool.

Punisher75, question for ya. That skull design on your gear, where is that from? I also noticed you don't have orange on the tip of your airsoft guns. Security at cons ever give you any grief for that?

You so deserve it Abbey! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you so happy! :)

I'm glad he got to meet you at his first con. That makes it even more special!

Plus, you have set the bar for every one else he meets at cons.

Very cool.

Punisher75, question for ya. That skull design on your gear, where is that from? I also noticed you don't have orange on the tip of your airsoft guns. Security at cons ever give you any grief for that?

he even knows my art site now!^^ ;)

again: :D

The geekies thing Ive done lately is, bring out my old toy boxes filled with Star Wars Toys and play with them with my old childhood friend. It was embarassing though.

Geekiest thing ever? I was at a retro screening of The Terminator last year, and to pass the time before it started me and a couple of friends decided to pretend it actually was 1984.

This led to chats about “upcoming” films like Gremlins, Ghostbusters and how we’re all looking forward to Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. We also talked about Return of the Jedi and Jaws 3D, and how 3D is just a fad that will never catch on.

I’ve never felt like such a frigging nerd in my entire life :(