Sign in to follow this  
James O'Brian

Films With Great Shootouts

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...

Time and Tide

Timeandtidedvd.jpg

Tsui Hark's (imo) best film to date...and thats saying alot. Hell, I dig this movie over John Woo's early bullet ballets.

this movie is so underated, it makes me puke a little...

going to have to cut and paste this in the non-mainstream. The word must be heard!

Sukiyaki Western Django has an amazing shoot-out. Well coreographed, beauifully executed.

Agreed J. The whole film is worth it for the final showdown.

As for the rest...a lot of films on this list that had guns...but not really any shoot outs. Aliens is a bad ass flick...but shootouts? Also, what "shootouts" were in Pulp Fiction?

I watched Walter Hill's Last Man Standing a few days ago, some great great gun fights in that one, to think he could have made Punisher: War Zone.

Mike, I've been trying to buy that one recently and can't seem to find it locally. I must venture out onto the net. :) I LOVED "Last Man Standing" and need it for inspiration for a project I'm working on.

I found a copy at a music/DVD exchange store for like $4.00, I suggest you look around at those places.

It's a great movie, the whole mixing of gangster movie meets western is great, I had forgotten that it was a remake of Yojimbo until watched again a saw Kurosawa's name in the credits..

Guest AdminGuyX

Fred, go to ebay & look up "last man standing". You can get a copy for $3.10 Buy It Now.

I PREDICT that "Public Enemies" from Michael Mann is going to have a few great shootouts in it. ;)

Fred, go to ebay & look up "last man standing". You can get a copy for $3.10 Buy It Now.

I PREDICT that "Public Enemies" from Michael Mann is going to have a few great shootouts in it. ;)

I am so dying to see PUBLIC ENEMIES!!! Can't wait for it to get here! That's one for sure we'll have to check out together.

Heard something about "Public Enemies" yesterday when I was speaking to a film-making group up in Wichita Falls (yes...I lectured a college group...weird).

Conveniently we went out to dinner afterward at a restaurant right next to Hastings and I picked up a copy of "Last Man Standing" for $4!!!

Was hoping to watch today...but short on time now. :(

Fred