Tiara

IRON MAN 2

Then again, there was Blonsky in TIH. He was played as Englishman in the U.S. army, sometimes changes have to be made. Besides did you really want to hear Scarlett speaking in a crappy Russian accent, has PWZ taught you nothing? Rourke was just barely able to do a decent one (but I'm sure his Russian was cringe worthy, to the people who can understand it).

Well I'd rather not have Scarlett at all actually. I thought Rourke's Russian was fine. And PWZ's budget was 30 mil give or take.... Iron Man 2 had a budget of damn near 200 mil.... I'm sure you can get an actor who can pull off an accent that's satisfying enough. They just cast her as eye candy.

When I mentioned Punisher: War Zone, it had more to do with the crappy accents that littered the film, and sometimes really good actors, still do bad accents. To me it's really just a non-issue.

Guest AdminGuyX

I enjoyed the action scenes fine, but everything else was only so-so for me. It didn't feel like anybody was taking their roles very seriously. I felt that Stark was too blase' about everything, way too cavalier. Some of that is OK, but not through the whole film. I would rather have seen him be a bit more serious in the senate hearing. Gary Shandling's puffy botoxed face was kind of creepy. Jackson's Fury didn't do anything for me. He didn't have a lot to do, granted, but I get the feeling he's just cashing a check.

Rockwell's character felt totally adlibbed, and again, too loose. I wanted more intensity from him, more grit. The fumbling about at the TV screen in the hearing kind of ruined that scene for me, honestly.

Pepper could have been left out of the film and it would have been the same story. She did nothing.

Black Widow was the same. She didn't even need to be there.

I thought Rourke was wasted, and they let him be too much of his oddball self. His character didn't do much, Rockwell's character could have, and maybe should have, been more of a partner in crime and less of a plot device.

Overall the movie felt too silly.

I think War Machine's story should have been closer to what they did in the comics. I don't even read Iron Man, but I know the story. I think it would have been more satisfying from a character standpoint. Downey and Cheadle didn't have much to work with in terms of character chemistry, which was too bad. One of my favorite things about the first film is the dynamic between those characters.