Tiara

IRON MAN 2

LOL...go up a couple of posts...

rourke.jpg

As I type, Mickey Rourke is reportedly in Russia promoting The Wrestler. Good - it might come in handy for him to research his upcoming Iron Man 2 role as, apparently, the soviet miscreant in Iron Man 2 (Ed. note: Although we don’t have confirmation yet, it seems likely that he’ll be playing the role of Russian villain Crimson Dynamo).

Yep - that’s right. Those sentences were full of confidence and sureness. Rourke has actually signed. Nikki Finke reports “I just heard that ICM has scored its second casting deal for Marvel’s Iron Man 2” and, well, this is the kind of stuff you can trust Finke on.

Rourke’s agent has apparently been wheedling to get their payday boosted, and ultimately with great success. Finke’s word for the good man’s imminent payday is “significant.” No idea what scale Hollywood’s accountants, bankers and bursars are counting on these days, so I’d hesitate before even taking a wild stab at what “significant” might mean. Your idle speculation in the comments, please. Let’s gossip about money.

Now, we can celebrate that Mickey Rourke is going to get a whole heap of moolah; we can celebrate that he’s going to be in Iron Man 2; or we can celebrate both of those things at once. Me, though, I’m just celebrating that his mojo wheel is still spinning and the work, no matter what it is, keeps coming. I don’t expect anything less from Iron Man 2 than I got with Iron Man 1, but that’s still not anything to see eye-to-eye with The Wrestler. For Rourke to end up with some more films of that caliber in his upcoming slate, I guess he better keep signing contracts.

Continue reading: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/11/mickey...be-significant/

Damn you news girl!!! I'll get you yet!!!

Rolling up my sleeves...I am a RAW Diva!

:lol:

I think she's sexy, but not hot. Hot is myself and Megan Fox... :P....and if you had your way, preferably together.... :D

Yeah so I'm gonna need a new pair of pants.

Entertainment Tonight talked to Robert Downey Jr. about Iron Man 2, which begins filming on Monday. Here's an excerpt from the interview:

"The film is almost entirely about character, and yet we still have twice as much action as we did last time, so it's going to be nuts," Robert tells our own Thea Andrews of the super sequel, set to start filming Monday. "Essentially 'Iron Man 2' is about looking behind the armor, or the armature, of a superhero. It's one thing to say you're Iron Man, it's another thing to be fully ready to do that."

As for co-star Scarlett Johansson, who plays the femme fatale Black Widow in the sequel, Robert says, "We've been rehearsing and she's in insane shape. She's getting lean and mean."

Iron Man 2, opening May 7, 2010, co-stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell and Samuel L. Jackson.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54187

When the first Iron Man movie was in production, Terrence Howard talked about a three-picture arc for his character, James "Rhodey" Rhodes. The film even set up Rhodey's War Machine action in the sequel, when he looked longingly at the Mark II suit and said, "Next time." Then, in October, Marvel announced that Don Cheadle would be filling in the role Howard originated in the sequel.

In the time since that surprising casting news, Marvel has reportedly had troubled in casting negotiations with Samuel L. Jackson (as Nick Fury) and Mickey Rourke (as Whiplash) and has had to replace Emily Blunt with Scarlett Johansson (as Black Widow). Now, with Iron Man 2 going into production without him, Howard spoke frankly about Marvel's decision.

Howard spoke with a group of reporters on Saturday in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting the action drama Fighting. The following Q&A features edited excerpts of that interview.

We were really looking forward to you continuing in Iron Man 2 and 3. What happened?

Howard: Iron Man happened with that. Marvel happened with it. They made a choice. They made a very, very bad choice. They didn't keep their word. They didn't honor our contract. They sent everyone out into a field and told them to work and produce a great bounty. You produce a great bounty, and then when it's all in the storehouse, you are not allowed into the storehouse.

Does that have anything to do with what went on with Samuel L. Jackson and Nick Fury?

Howard: They did the same thing with Gwyneth [Paltrow], from what I've been told. They did it with almost everyone, I think, except Downey throughout the thing. One of the things that actors need to learn to do is take a tip from Friends [whose cast members all held out for higher pay]. You always choose to stick together. One for all and all for one. Our Gang, you know? Let Spanky be our rule.

Does that teach you a lesson about Hollywood politics?

Howard: Yeah, make sure your Ts are crossed twice.

Aren't you dangerous to them now, since you know the plans for the trilogy?

Howard: Nah, when someone does something wrong, you don't have to get them back. Everything right will return the favor for you.

Will you be eagerly awaiting Iron Man 2 in theaters?

Howard: Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I want to see what happens with that. I want to see Don Cheadle become me. I want him to do better than me. That's what I really want to see. I think he can. Don Cheadle is the reason I got on Crash. He was one of the producers on Crash, and he called and got me in there. So it's like Don is good by me, anything he does. He's given me the greatest gift I could ever imagine having. Don gave me that, so anything I have, I'll share with him.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/iron-mans-terrence-howard.php

Terrence is being lovely about it. When I saw Iron Man, watched the behind-the-scenes, and heard the actors speak about bonding together as friends on their creative journey - I just can't imagine when studios or whoever break that apart. Do they not watch their own DVD special features? They should - they are very touching and enlightening!

That's pretty sweet how Howard is that supportive.

With the filming of Iron Man 2 reaching the halfway point, director Jon Favreau and star Mickey Rourke talked to Empire about the title character, Jim Rhodes/War Machine and villain Whiplash. Here's a bit from Rourke on the latter:

Meanwhile, Mickey Rourke, who appears as new Iron Man nemesis Whiplash, was back on set last week after a stint with Sly, Li, Lundgren, Statham et al on The Expendables. "I'm having the time of my life!" he enthused about joining the Iron Man franchise. "It's been really brutal, because my Iron Man suit weighs 23lb. It's sort of a half-suit, with half my skin showing, with lots of Russian tattoos, because [Whiplash is just] out of a Russian-zone prison."

You can check out the full article here!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55859

That's awesome news. Thanks for the post Tiara.

I totally agree with you Fred. I mean how many stories is this guy going to come up with? First it was he had no idea he was going to be let go, then it was he knew from the start, then it was he who left, blah blah blah. It seems the only thing the guy has done in the last 6 months in bitch about what a raw deal he was handed.

I totally agree with you Fred. I mean how many stories is this guy going to come up with? First it was he had no idea he was going to be let go, then it was he knew from the start, then it was he who left, blah blah blah. It seems the only thing the guy has done in the last 6 months in bitch about what a raw deal he was handed.

Yeah...and they did it to all the other talent...who will be returning...

Someone thought they were special and found themselves very replaceable and I like him as an actor, but Cheadle...well that's a step up man.

I think Rourke looks perfect, I'm kinda glad that they are going with a stripped down version of the costume instead of having another guy in an armored suit.

Looks strange to me, but I have no idea who whiplash is. Is whiplash a woman in the comics? I think I read that somewhere. I dig Rourke's look though. I want to see a teaser trailer. Hopefully this summer.

The character is actually called Blacklash, but was also called Whiplash and they are incorporating elements of Crimson Dynamo in the character mostly doing with the Russian background.

Interesting. Judging from this one photo, how would he pose a physical threat to Iron man though? He doesn't have much in the way of armor. It also looks like he may be at a Nascar event.

Will Mandarin be in this one? I don't know how they will pull him off as a character, with the alien technology and what not. :blink:

Interesting. Judging from this one photo, how would he pose a physical threat to Iron man though? He doesn't have much in the way of armor. It also looks like he may be at a Nascar event.

Will Mandarin be in this one? I don't know how they will pull him off as a character, with the alien technology and what not. :blink:

From the looks of it, it is going to the the stolen technology aspect of the Iron Man comic stories... (I wonder how many villain cameo's we'll see....) As for Whiplash being a physical threat... Take IM's Power supply and instead of having it run a suit of powered armor/jets/control systems/repulsors/etc..., focus all that energy into just two powered whips. Just a theory for the movie :) Cause we all know how well Movies follow Comics right???

I think Rourke looks perfect, I'm kinda glad that they are going with a stripped down version of the costume instead of having another guy in an armored suit.

I really don't want the spandex brigades to come out in a techno-movie....

300px-tales_of_suspense_97.jpg

Oldschool Whiplash? Hell NO.

blacklash.jpg

Oldschool Blacklash? Yet again... Hell NO.