Tiara

IRON MAN 2

Wait... Are you saying you would't just love if some random character just stood up and yelled " YUU CAN DOO IIIT!! Iroooon Maaaan!!"

Guest FADoss
Wait... Are you saying you would't just love if some random character just stood up and yelled " YUU CAN DOO IIIT!! Iroooon Maaaan!!"

In a short film spoof...or an SNL skit sure... :D

Fred

Terence Howard is speaking out on his exit from War Machine...

Goodbye Rhodey

"It was the surprise of a lifetime, there was no explanation. [The contract] just...up and vanished. I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren't worth the paper that they're printed on, sometimes. Promises aren't kept, and good faith negotiations aren't always held up."

This whole thing annoys the fuck outta me.

MARVEL got cheap and we have to suffer from it.

-TL

Iron Man: Official War Machine Concept Art

and

Iron Man 2 to Feature More Nick “BAMF” Fury

I had a feeling this was not going to stop and it is picking up steam. I don't think we will ever really know why Howard was replaced; I know I have read his version, but I keep thinking it is much more than that for them to step to Cheadle:

HowardNotCheadle.com?

How Terrence Howard Lost Iron Man 2

Guest AdminGuyX

It's funny to me how that photoshopped image of war machine is all over the web, and being used in articles and such.

It was just a fan made thing that really caught on.

Producers: Marvel, Kevin Feige

Executive Producer: Louis D'Esposito

Executive Producers: David Maisel, Denis Stewart, Stan Lee

Co-Producers: Jeremy Latcham, Victoria Alonso

Associate Producer: Karen Johnson

Director: Jon Favreau

Start Date: April 2009

[MALE LEAD]

30s, Eastern European, brilliant, gritty...

[FEMALE LEAD]

20s, beautiful, speaks several languages fluently and is equally proficient in martial arts...

[bRUISER]

Russian, 20s or 30s, at least 6'2", able to perform own stunts, has the build of a MMA fighter...

Iron Man 2 - Official Casting Call and Start Date

The more and more shit that comes, I just can't help but feel sorry for Howard. It really was just a dick move the way Marvel went about it.

It's funny to me how that photoshopped image of war machine is all over the web, and being used in articles and such.

It was just a fan made thing that really caught on.

That's the first time I've seen that pic, it's pretty cool in concept. I just hope they don't stray too far, but after seeing what they did with Tony's armor in the first film, I doubt they will.

I'm gonna guess it'll most likely be a bulkier version of the Mark II armor.

I hope not. The fact that the suit was slim looking made it work. I want to see the guns sitting on the shoulders, but I hope the suit does not get any bigger. For some reason I'm getting visions of Robby the Robot ;)

If it wasn’t already, Robert Downey Jr’s recent comments to MTV News make one thing abundantly clear: As the flag bearers and gold standard for Marvel movies, the team behind “Iron Man” feels a great responsibility, not just to their own upcoming sequel, but to other Marvel properties as well.

So now that the “Narnia” duo of Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have been tapped to pen “Captain America,” it’s a sure bet Downey, Favreau, and screenwriter Justin Theroux are burning through phone cards trying to connect. Right?

Wrong, said Theroux, who told MTV News that there was absolutely no dialogue between other Marvel writers and himself. None.

“You know, there’s NO dialogue right now - in a great way,” the scripter confessed. “I think [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige just wants to make sure we can make the best movie that we can make.”

Continue reading:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/11/26/iron-...marvel-writers/

Am I the only person that thinks it's weird Terence Howard being replaced by an arguably better known (and arguably IMHO slightly better) actor? I like the guy and all, but it's not like he's made much of an impact since 'Hustle N Flow'.

I hope not. The fact that the suit was slim looking made it work. I want to see the guns sitting on the shoulders, but I hope the suit does not get any bigger. For some reason I'm getting visions of Robby the Robot ;)

Actually in the end credits, I think you get a look at the War Machine armor. It's basically the Mark II/III with a big ass Gatling gun on the shoulder.

Cheadle on Stepping Into Iron Man 2

The actor talks about replacing Terrence Howard and the introduction of War Machine.

by Cindy White

December 16, 2008 - There was at least one good thing to come out of the high profile dismissal of actor Terrence Howard from the sequel to last year's blockbuster hit Iron Man -- the news that Don Cheadle would be taking over the part of Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. The Oscar winning actor's resume boast an impressive variety of roles, from serious dramas like Crash, Hotel Rwanda and Traffic to more lighthearted fare like Ocean's Eleven and its two sequels. And while we were disappointed to hear that Howard would not return for Iron Man 2, we think Cheadle could do a lot with the role of Tony Stark's confidant and the man destined to wear the War Machine armor.

Cheadle recently spoke with IGN about taking over the role, how he felt about replacing his friend and what we might expect from the character in the next film.

Continue reading:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/938/938949p...mp;RSSid=938949

In what would mark his first studio film since resurrecting his career with "The Wrestler," Mickey Rourke is in talks to play the main heavy in "Iron Man 2," the Marvel Entertainment sequel that director Jon Favreau begins shooting this spring.

Sam Rockwell also has begun talks to play a villain in the pic, to be distribbed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2010.

Which role Rockwell will play has yet to be disclosed by Marvel, but Rourke is in discussions to play the Crimson Dynamo, a heavily tattooed Russian arms dealer. He's considered to be an evil version of Iron Man because he battles the superhero in a nuclear-powered suit of armor.

Script is still being written by Justin Theroux, and Marvel has been trying to keep a wrap on details leaking out to fanboys.

Rourke goes into the Golden Globe weekend vying for best actor in a role that revived his career. Downey soared to become one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood when "Iron Man" grossed over $600 million worldwide.

Rockwell most recently appeared in "Frost/Nixon" and "Choke."

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799812...yid=13&cs=1

Paul Bettany confirmed to reporters that he will return in Iron Man 2, reprising the role of Jarvis.

Don't remember Jarvis? He was the silky-smooth computer voice in Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr.) house, lab and suit.

"Oh, yeah, I am," Bettany said during a group interview in Marina del Rey, Calif., on Friday, where he was promoting his upcoming fantasy film Inkheart.

In Inkheart, Bettany plays Dustfinger, a fictional character brought to life by a reader named Mo Folchart, played by Brendan Fraser.

Bettany's Iron Man character is an "artificial person." The actor said that he barely remembered recording his dialogue for the first film. "That was a very peculiar experience, because I know Jon Favreau," Bettany said.

"He said, 'Do you want to do this thing?'" Bettany recalled. "I said, 'Yeah.' He was in L.A., and I turned up at a recording studio in New York City, and all I remember doing is laughing for about two hours and eating some croissants and then going home."

Bettany said that by the time the film was actually released, he had forgotten he worked on it. "Somebody said to me about six months later, 'Are you the voice in Iron Man?' And I said no," he said. "They went, 'Really?' And I went, 'Oh, no, I am! I am.' So it was sort of done for fun." Iron Man 2 is in preproduction.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/paul-bettany-...emember-him.php

I always thought that Milla Jovovich was suited for that role.

The only thing he's written is Tropic Thunder, and that movie was pretty goddamn funny.

And I like the casting of Emily Blunt as Black Widow, and on a semi related note, Blunt has a great ass.