sidewaysgaze

The Punisher

I must have seen it on another channel...sorry about that Jen and MediumFan.

No worries. Maybe there were just some scenes that you missed or forgot from the original, or maybe I'm totally wrong. Either way, it's no big. Don't sweat it.

Mediumfan

It's been 4 years since Jane put on the skull of fury everyone still continues to remember him by.

He's played many other characters since: Nick Fury, Cal Macdonald, Jack Dietz, Colton White, Buzz Hall, Clay Bicks, David Drayton...

We all remember him by one name: Frank Castle.

I thought maybe to commemorate his portrayal as Castle, I would post the shots that made Jane a Punisher.

thomasjanethepunisher3bse3.jpgthomasjanepunisher1bua6.jpgthomasjanepunisher2bzz7.jpgthomasjanepunisher3biq0.jpgthomasjanepunisher4bjj8.jpgthomasjanepunisher5beb9.jpgthomasjanepunisher9bdc9.jpgthomasjaneisfrankcastlerj4.jpg

Continued in the post below…

-TL

Thanks alot MFAN.

All those shots took a while to find and put together (they're all publicity shots and art by Tim Bradstreet).

Looking through all of them, it really is impossible to picture someone else wearing the skull.

-TL

Kewl! I got a question. Some of those look like some comics that I have that are an adaptation of the movie (#s 2 & 3 in the second post) I also have the first one in that series, which looks like the first one in that post.

But my question is about the last one in the first post. I've never seen that one before. Where did that one come from?

Mediumfan

The last one in the first row is the Punisher DVD Prequel comic that came with the original DVD. As you can see, he's not wearing a skull in that one.

The other 7 in the first row are posters, 1 teaser/standee, 5 teasers by Tim Bradstreet and 1 theatrical poster by Tim Bradstreet.

The first one in the second row is a promotional photo similar to those used for the Punisher Movie comic book adaptation but never used. The following two are like you said #s 2 and 3 of the adaptation.

After the January 2004 issue of Wizard, The next two shots are un-used Bradstreet shots of Jane and the final two are the original choice for the Extended Cut DVD cover that wasn't used and the cover of Punisher MAX #6.

-TL

A couple of things I wanted to mention,

All of the shots [above and below] were taken and done in 2003 prior to the film's Theatrical release on April 16, 2004. The shot for the Punisher DVD Prequel comic may have been done after though, in 2004.

*There are 2 more shots of Jane that are impossible to find online in their original states or at all. They were both used in the inside jacket of the Punisher Extended Cut DVD.

This shot of Jane in the assault vest with the dripping skull was featured in the Marvel Encyclopedia Vol. V: Marvel Knights book.

promotu7.jpg

The other with the trenchcoat is on the Punisher Movie Lunchbox. That trench coat shot is part of the set composed by the first three in the second row with the blue background.

-TL

That's very true...

How can anyone else be called a Punisher???

-TL

Well, Tom O'Brien, just saying.

Wrong thread fellas.

Redirect your comments and posts to the Punisher Thread in the Tim Bradstreet Forum (Mike),

And the Punisher: War Zone Thread in the Tim Bradstreet Forum (Fred).

Thanks,

-TL

Guest FADoss

I just thought since all these movie posters went up featuring Tom Jane...that we were in the Warzone thread.

My bad. :)

Fred

TL: I figured I'd post my response from the GI JOE thread in here since it's where it belongs.

I responded to what you said because his "typical" opinion about the movie mirrored my own and I felt it should be defended. The quote from Jane didn't say anything I disagreed with or contradict anything I have said except for how I felt about the film itself.

I just watched the trailer for Punisher: War Zone over at SHH and I have to say I am disappointed. Ray Stevenson just doesn't seem to fit the part. I havn't seen him in anything before so I won't say he's a bad actor, just that I personally don't think he fits the role of the Punisher. Jane had the perfect voice for the Punisher (probably why he voiced Frank Castle in the game). Ray just doesn't quite fit. Also, Lexi Alexander's directing doesn't impress me much. The shot of him hanging from a chandelier is like a gigantic rip-off of The Boondock Saints. (I love TBS by the way). And the art direction is just tacky. It is very reminiscent of the two crappy Batman movies that starred Val Kilmer and George Clooney. The only thing that is missing is some rubber nipples.

The one good thing is that the fans on the SHH boards seem to mostly be in favor of Thomas Jane being the punisher. It is nice to see you getting support as the only good Punisher to grace the screen.

YOU ARE MISSED TOM!!!

Please repost your comment on the Punisher: War Zone thread. We would like to hear what you have to say over there Andrew. Thanks.

-Raffi

Guest FADoss

So,

I'm digging through the comic box this evening and find "The Punisher: War Zone #1" from 1992. Because it shares a name with the new film I thumbed through it to see if there were any inspiration for the 08 flick. I didn't see any, BUT I saw a word for word scene played out from the 04 film.

The torture scene with Mickey, while cool, seemed a bit out of character...as if Frank were having too much fun. BUT here you have it straight from the source material.

torturewarzone04md1.gif

Fred

this scene in the film had been criticized by certains fans of the character, because it seemed ridiculous that The Punisher torture a guy with an ice ...

but the proof, it was in the comic book ! and toc ! :D