sidewaysgaze

The Punisher

After the Iron Man: Rise of Technovore flick, rumor is they are making an animated Punisher film, co-starring Black Widow.

I'm all kinds of stoked for this.

animated Punisher hm could be nice if Tom would do the voice acting

https://www.thehdroom.com/bluray/the-punisher-and-punisher-war-zone-4k-uhd-bound-via-lionsgate-115259/ Seems to be getting the 4KUHD treatment, no real new extra features though.

Personal choice is stick with the "Extended Cut" you cant beat the extra 17 mins.

https://www.thehdroom.com/bluray/the-punisher-and-punisher-war-zone-4k-uhd-bound-via-lionsgate-115259/ Seems to be getting the 4KUHD treatment, no real new extra features though.

Personal choice is stick with the "Extended Cut" you cant beat the extra 17 mins.

It's still cool that they're releasing it in 4K, but I'm happy with my "Extended Cut," as well. B)

So, currently on holiday in Clearwater, FL and today took a trip out to Sarasota - thrilled to discover that meant going over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge so of course tipped my cap to The Boss on the way over!  I know he wasn't overly keen on the Tampa location for the shoot but hey, iconic is iconic and you gotta get your kicks where you can!  Perked my day up anyway!  Plus had The Predator on TV last night and almost missed a table reservation because of it - I swear watching that man could make me forget anything!!!

Wow Gail, cool holiday you're having there! Sounds like fun. In my imagination I am not even trying to defeat the clichés, so I see you near a mangrove where it's hot, humid and fullllll of crocodiles! Enjoy 😎

How long are you staying? 

13 hours ago, Enaira said:

Wow Gail, cool holiday you're having there! Sounds like fun. In my imagination I am not even trying to defeat the clichés, so I see you near a mangrove where it's hot, humid and fullllll of crocodiles! Enjoy 😎

How long are you staying? 

Thanks Ariane - cool and hot all at the same time!  Really humid, had some torrential showers and thunderstorms but it beats being at work! 😉. Not seen any snappy things (unless you include me, first thing in the morning!), here until Monday.  This is why I couldn't make Fedcon, and at the risk of mixing up threads it looks like you all had a great time, loved reading your reports and seeing the pics, would have been great to be there and meet you all in person.....maybe next time? 😄

It's all over the news in Germany: after spending 14 years on the film index, The Punisher will soon be released with a 34 seconds longer "uncensored" version. It is a lucrative movie so the new DVDs and Blurays will be on sale mid October 2019.

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

It's all over the news in Germany: after spending 14 years on the film index, The Punisher will soon be released with a 34 seconds longer "uncensored" version. It is a lucrative movie so the new DVDs and Blurays will be on sale mid October 2019.

I guess it’s good in the sense of bringing the film back to the forefront (precisely where it should be!) but if it’s not an extra 34 seconds specifically of Thomas, it ain’t worth it!!!

Be interesting to see what is anything is being added from original cut or the DC cit which has about 17 extra mins or so. 

I'm really not surprised at the resurgence - I don't think Punisher has ever been far from the average geeky mind, and of course, I assume the series has brought new fans too. Where I currently live, there are so many people walking around in Punisher tee shirts - the old TJ-era logo, not the new iteration. Sadly, I've never seen anyone other than males wear them. I am addressing this tragic situation!

I was amused to find this at my local indoor market last weekend - not so much what it is but where it's been placed.

punisher.jpg