sidewaysgaze

The Punisher

I don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but Tom Jane is by FAR the best screen adaptation of Frank Castle. I've been a Punisher fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper. The 2004 film may not have been great, but Thomas Jane was excellent. If this is the last time we ever see him play the character, it was a fantastic way to sign off.

If this is the last time we ever see him play the character, it was a fantastic way to sign off.

that was the idea. give Frank at least one true film interp. whatever happens from here on, dirty laundry will be the touchstone.

that was the idea. give Frank at least one true film interp. whatever happens from here on, dirty laundry will be the touchstone.

What happens next is Marvel Studios opens up their fackin eyes and brings your ideas to life again with you in the center of it all. Nuff said

After two days, over a million views on Youtube. Hopefully Marvel is paying attention.

It definitely establishes the blueprint going forward. The key to this particular Frank is that you can tell he's a product of the Vietnam era. His biography may not have him serving in the actual war, but that period is still in the dna because of Tom's influences.

This isn't Jason Bourne, The Rock, or MTV. This is Rolling Thunder. Mr. Majestyk. Walking Tall. And of course, Death Wish. You're just not going to get that with someone who grew up being informed by the past decade of cinema.

Tom, have you written/thought of a script for a full length film? I would be quite partial to turning The Slavers storyline into a film, or at least a series.

The thought of Frank tossing a slave dealing mistress out of a 90 story window fills me with glee.

Well, it's being developed by Joss Whedon and he's not a fan of The Punisher...

He's not?..Has he gone on record with that?...I've not heard that..Anyways Frank really would'nt work on television his world is too dark and violent for prime time,Not too say there isn't some edgey fare out there but we're talking about a disney product now,That changes everything.

Link to Editorial from ComicBookMovie.com about The Punisher:

"With Marvel gearing up for phase 2 of their cinematic universe and Thomas Jane releasing his Punisher fan film... is a Punisher movie far behind?"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMAssassin/news/?a=67167

Jen

See if you can find The Punisher in The Runaways comic that Joss wrote. It's not good. (As a Punisher fan that is... Haven't read the whole thing :P )

Yeah, the can keep Joss away from Frank. Not sure who it was with, but in an interveiw, he flat out said that he hates the Punisher, and it shows in The Runaways.

Watched the Punisher today with my mom who has never seen it. She really liked the movie which is kind of weird cuz my mom is 85 years old. She said at the end of the movie man he really gave them a payback. And she asked me who played the punisher and I told her it was Thomas Jane and she said he is a real cutie pie and I kind of laughed and said yeah he is kind of cute. ;)

The ice cream torture scene in The Punisher (2004) is the best. I remember reading the scene from Punisher War Zone #1 that inspired it. That was my first exposure to Frank Castle in comic book form, so it was great to see that scene on screen.

Someone on IMDB suggested a Punisher VS. Spider-Man film to echo the character's first appearance, but I honestly can't see it working. I'd rather not see the character on screen at all than to see him interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

I'd actually like to see him in a continuity marvel film. Ruckas Punisher comics keep him grounded in reality, yet they occaisionally bring in other heroes, and it works well. Punisher: Warzone by Rucka already has me hooked, and it's Frank vs the Avengers.

Watched the Punisher today with my mom who has never seen it. She really liked the movie which is kind of weird cuz my mom is 85 years old. She said at the end of the movie man he really gave them a payback. And she asked me who played the punisher and I told her it was Thomas Jane and she said he is a real cutie pie and I kind of laughed and said yeah he is kind of cute. ;)

How marvelous. Further proof that the Punisher’s target audience is limitless. ;)

I'd actually like to see him in a continuity marvel film. Ruckas Punisher comics keep him grounded in reality, yet they occaisionally bring in other heroes, and it works well. Punisher: Warzone by Rucka already has me hooked, and it's Frank vs the Avengers.

I may have to seek out Rucka's Punisher and see what's up. Punisher vs. The Avengers sounds like a very delicate game of chess.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah I've read a few of Rucka's novels and enjoyed them. I haven't checked out any of his comic writings yet though. Punisher might be worth a looksee.

First issue of Warzone definately cool,Frank gets the drop on Spidey and the way in which they showcase how slick and precise Frank Castle is really makes him a threat to "Superhero's"..So I look foward to the rest of this tale..

Norman Reedus To Voice The Punisher:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/13/the-walking-deads-norman-reedus-to-voice-the-punisher/

Look, I love Norman so much (you know I do), but I would prefer TJ voicing an animated PUNISHER.

Will I see it?…Maybe….not…Maybe…so. I’m torn on this one. Help! :o

It'll likely be just a small role in the feature....I wonder how he's gonna end up sounding?

Also, there's a rumor floating around that Jeph Loeb stated that there is a Marvel anime in the works with Punisher and Blackwidow headlining it. Maybe Tom can jump on board for that.

He'll sound grim and serious. If the next movie is going to be a spin-off of this, then it's d\safe to assume they'll probably stick with Reedus.

My mom and I where watching tv and she came upon the punisher and she looked at me and said isn't this the movie you and I watched awhile ago the one with the goodlooking young man in it. I smiled at her and said yes. I think my 85 year old mother is a little sweet on Mr. Thomas Jane. ;)

Here's the link to a complicated fan article about The Punisher in all it's different formats, asking the question about where the character fits in the roles of heroes and villains:

"...The Punisher (2004) starring Thomas Jane, which is an entertaining film with a great performance by Jane..."

http://primitivescrewheads.net/tag/thomas-jane/

Jen

I did read the article w/ link above, and it did make sense there; I just didn't know how to encapsulate the article in a nutshell... :lol: