sidewaysgaze

VOTE ONLINE FOR TOM for SPIKE TV SCREAM 2008!!

Tom, The Mist, and Frank Darabont have all been nominated by an esteemed panal of judges in the horror, scifi, and fantasy field for various categories for Spike TV's Scream 2008!! :D

The event will take place on October 18 and be televised on Spike TV on October 21.

THE WINNER IS DETERMINED BY VOTING ONLINE - BY US - SO, BETWEEN FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 AND FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17, GO TO SPIKE TV AND VOTE DAILY!!

That's right, this is a "popularity" vote now. The critics picked Tom and The Mist and Frank Darabont - and now it's our time to support Tom and vote for him!! :D

Here are the specific nominations for Tom and The Mist:

1. Thomas Jane for Best Actor in a Horror Movie or TV Show : http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28696

2. The Mist for Best Horror Movie: http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28571

3. The Mist for The Ultimate Scream: http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28611

4. Frank Darabont for Best Director: http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28940

5. The Mist - Frank Darabont for Best Screamplay: http://www.spike.com/event/scream/page/vote/category/28723

Jen

PS I edited this post to include Tiara's direct links for the voting; thanks Tiara!! :D

And here is part of Spike TV Press Release for Scream 2008, including link at end:

Spike TV Announces Scream 2008

SPIKE TV ANNOUNCES PRESTIGIOUS ADVISORY BOARD AND NOMINEES FOR

“SCREAM 2008”

THE FIRST GLOBAL EVENT TO HONOR THE COMIC BOOK, HORROR, SCI-FI AND FANTASY GENRES WILL TAPE OCTOBER 18 AT THE GREEK THEATER

IN LOS ANGELES AND AIR OCTOBER 21

“Scream” To Be Seen Internationally In Over 160 Territories Around The World

The Illustrious “Scream 2008” Advisory Board Responsible For Selecting

Nominees Announced Today Include Guillermo Del Toro, Frank Miller, Neil Gaiman,

Stephen King, Kevin Smith, Stephenie Meyer, Wes Craven, Tim Kring And Many More

“The Dark Knight” Tops List With 21 Nominations. Other Multiple Nominees Include “Iron Man”

“Hellboy II: The Golden Army,” “Cloverfield,” “The Incredible Hulk” and “Wanted”

Voting Begins Friday, September 12 Only At Scream.Spike.com

New York, NY, September 10, 2008 – It will be one “dark knight” this October as Spike TV presents the third annual “SCREAM,” a celebration of the best in horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic genres. Taping on Saturday, October 18 from The Greek Theater in Los Angeles, CA “SCREAM 2008” will premiere on Spike TV Tuesday, October 21 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). Show host, presenters and musical performers to be announced shortly.

“We're incredibly honored to have the support of such luminaries in the creative community to help determine the nominees for ‘SCREAM 2008,’” says Casey Patterson, senior vice president, event production for Spike TV and TV Land and executive producer of ‘Scream 2008.’” “This event, dedicated to honoring the incredible talent behind these genres has been long overdue, and we look forward to bringing the fans exactly what they want to see this year with big world premieres, rare performances and the superstars that made this year a record breaker at the box office. The world domination of comic book superheroes and the explosion of science fiction, fantasy and horror movies and television shows give us a lot to celebrate this year.”

This summer’s mega-blockbuster “The Dark Knight” tops the list with 21 nominations including The Ultimate Scream, Best Superhero, Best Villain, Best Director, Most Memorable Mutilation and Best Fantasy Movie. “Iron Man” came in second with 14 nominations and “Hellboy II: The Golden Army” is next in line with 13 nominations. A full list of categories and nominations are included below.

Ballots were sent out to Spike TV’s “SCREAM 2008” advisory board, made up of respected and well-known members of the horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic book worlds who were responsible for advising on categories and determining nominees in each category. All films, television shows and comic books were deemed eligible for inclusion if they were released between August 11, 2007 and August 8, 2008 and were representative of the genres listed. Winners will be determined by online voting at spike.com.

Esteemed members of this year’s advisory board* include:

Wes Craven (writer/director “A Nightmare on Elm Street”)

Neil Gaiman (writer/producer “Beowulf,” “Stardust,” “Mirrormask”)

Geoff Johns (comic book writer, DC and Marvel, co-writer/co-director/co-producer “Naughty Or Nice”)

Stephen King, acclaimed novelist

Tim Kring (executive producer/creator, “Heroes”)

Stephenie Meyer (novelist “Twilight,” “Eclipse,” “Breaking Dawn”)

Frank Miller (writer/producer/director “Sin City,” “300,” writer/producer “The Spirit”)

Eli Roth (writer/producer/director, “Hostel,” “Cell, “Cabin Fever”)

Kevin Smith (writer/director “Clerks,” “Dogma,” “Reaper”)

Guillermo Del Toro (director “Hellboy 1 & 2,” “Pan's Labyrinth,” the upcoming release, “The Hobbit”)

Paula Wagner (partner CRUISE/WAGNER productions)

*A full list of Spike TV’s 2008 Advisory Board members can be found on spike.com

Featuring distinctive categories and a diverse mixture of popular icons and outrageous creators, Spike TV’s “SCREAM 2008” will honor the newest and hottest in horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic genres across a number of entertainment platforms, including movies, television and comic books. The show will also recognize icons and pioneers who have influenced and shaped the industry.

Beginning on Friday, September 12 through Friday, October 17 fans can vote for their favorites, as well as view exclusive red carpet and backstage coverage of the event there, by visiting scream.spike.com.

The official sponsors of Spike TV’s “SCREAM 2008” are Captain Morgan, Subaru, Taco Bell and Lee Jeans.

http://www.spike.com/blog/spike-tv-announces/68092

Scream 2008

Best Actor: Horror

Best Horror Movie

Ultimate Scream

Best Director

Best Screamplay

Move your cursor over MY VOTE and click. It will change from purple to red and take you to the next category. I have finished voting.

Good luck Tom and congratulations!

Thanks for that info Tiara! :D

After I had read all that good news about Tom being nominated, I was wondering about how to vote for him and The Mist! :)

Jen

In a way, it's almost bad thing that TDK is going to take it all. :P

Yeah, that does suck.

I pretty only voted for either The Mist or Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

Guest AdminGuyX

Hey, that was kind of fun. ;)

I voted DARK COUNTRY as my most anticipated film too. I am just dying to see what this film is, and how well the 3D works.

Njc-------------

In a way, it's almost bad thing that TDK is going to take it all. :P

Who cares if it's the year of the bat. ;) I voted for Tom and The Mist all the way through. I hope you all do too! :D

Jen

Yeah, it sucks that the bat is going to ruin it for all of the other great movies on the list. And now they're going to re-release the darn thing in theaters in January to try to win an Oscar. That just reeks of greed to me.

But anyway, I voted for TJ and The Mist all the way through. I would have loved to have seen it get more nominations, like the Holy $@*t Scene of the Year. If any movie had that scene this year, it was this one. That ending was a jawdropper!

I would love to have seen Patricia and her show get a couple of nominations, instead of that stupid show about a bunch of people stuck on an island. I mean, what's so "sci-fi" about that? I'm getting kind of sick of hearing about that one myself.

But anyway, good luck to TJ and Darabont on this one. Hope they win 'em all. :)

ain't that swell? this is the first i've heard the news - i'm glad people think that much of the film and my performance in it.

so if you can, take a second and vote! if i win, i'll be sure to thank the Raw Forum. Go Raw! TJ

Done, It was easy to vote MIST on all it's catagorys...specially since I'm about the only person on the planet that thought Dark Night was crap, so it was easy to vote against it every where it showed up.

I did another run through with the voting, again it was all Tom and The Mist and Perlman and Hellboy II, though I did have to flip a coin between Darabont and del Toro (it was Darabont).

T-Jane definitely got my votes for best actor...but I had a tough time choosing between Iron Man, Cloverfield and The Mist for Ultimate Scream...I enjoyed all three of those movies but The Mist got the nod by way of that crazy ass ending...Iron Man and Cloverfield were too predictable for me in the end.

In spite of I 'm French, I saw The Mist (in DVD, the film did not go out in the cinemas of my city , and because an American member of this forum sent me the DVD , thank J.) ...I appreciated a lot Thomas in this film thus I naturally voted for Thomas and for The Mist. ;)

Good luck. :)

Patti

Yeah, that does suck.

I pretty only voted for either The Mist or Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

Me too!

And you can vote every day RAW Family! So keep going back and let's make sure Tom and The Mist do a sweep!

And you can vote every day RAW Family! So keep going back and let's make sure Tom and The Mist do a sweep!

yes you can, so I did.

oh great ! Can we vote "freely" ? I'll go see it quietly... but for "The Mist" and Thomas, my vote is already acquired, of course. and for the rest, as I am a fan of super-heroes, I have many choices !

specially since I'm about the only person on the planet that thought Dark Night was crap

no, you're not quite alone ... ;)

this movie disappointed me (far too long, too many Joker / H. Ledger and not enough Batman / Christian Bale... short, the film should be called "The Joker"), I much preferred "Batman Begins".

The Dark Knight just fell short of being great, there was too much stupid shit in it.

It's ok, I have done my duty ! :D

I will vote again later.