Give 'em Hell Malone

I wish I could get paid for coming up with tag lines ;)

I emailed Hosack and asked if he had any ideas. He sent me back a bunch of possibilities and what I ended up doing was cannabilizing something Mark gave me - "Some men are harder to kill than others" When I read that, the tag line came to me pretty quick - Hard To Love, Harder To Kill

Short, sweet, with impact.

Glad you diggit.

I was actually pretty shocked when Tom and Hannibal (I think Mark too) came back to me immediately and said they loved it.

I knew I liked it, but usually when that happens everyone else hates it ;)

Got lucky this time.

I came up with that "Vengeance Has A Name" tag for P2 and it seems like no one likes that one ;) At least here.

I'll post a larger poster jpeg here as soon as Hannibal gives the all-clear.

- TB

Not to sound like an ass-kisser...but I was one of the first to come out and say I loved that tagline...Didnt know u came up with it...props to u!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AdminGuyX

JUMPIN' JOLLY HOSSA' FATS ON A STACK OF BURNIN' BIBLES!!!!!

He reloads the Mateba . . . IN THE TEASER.

Thank you.

I'm going to love this movie like a 16 year old hooker.

The opening shot of the dude getting tossed out the window is probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a teaser or trailer in years. It just makes you smile.

Hell, I nearly wept.

WEPT.

Yeah, the font didn't light my world on fire, but I did enjoy the way the credits were worked into the footage.

When Jane walks into the shot with his name on screen, that was just fucking cool.

The van on it's side, with the main title card imposed over it. Fucking cool.

I absolutely love the lighting, the camera work, and the general sense of style the footage invokes. It really is one of those movies you wait around for hoping someone will make.

Mark, thank you.

Tom, thank you.

Russell, thank you.

Tim, kick ass poster. There is no mistaking it's a Bradstreet poster.

Thank you.

:)

That is WICKED!!! Not to sound too geeky, but I was watching the Dirty Harry movies on AMC today, and that movie sort of makes me think of them. The cool thing is that Malone isn't a cop, so he doesn't have to worry about the rules or his chief breathing down his neck, so he's sort of unleashed on the bad guys. That's awesome.

My favorite shot was the guy flying through the window. Or maybe it was the camera tracking down the hall past the dead bodies. Or the shot of Malone reloading his gun as the empty shells fell to the ground. But the mirror shot was pretty freckin' awesome too. I can't wait to see this.

The tagline is very cool, Tim, and so is the poster. And I loved the music. That was perfect!

This is the AFM buzzreel, not an official trailer -- I've heard that so far it's been well received at the market.

In 5 hours they'll have wrapped principal photography on the film! Then it's on to 6 months of post...

"It really is one of those movies you wait around for hoping someone will make."

That's the best compliment I've heard -- thanks! Just wait until there's dialogue...

Mark

"It really is one of those movies you wait around for hoping someone will make."

That's the best compliment I've heard -- thanks! Just wait until there's dialogue...

Mark

Amen Brother.

The poster turned out OK.

I wish I'd have had more time.

The REALLY kickass poster has only been seen by Tom, Russell and Mark.

Haven't even shown it to Hannibal yet.

Next step Cannes, then I blow their balls off with it ;)

Thanks all for the kindly words.

Here's the tag for Mike V's biopic -

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

THE STORY OF MIKEY V

In 5 hours they'll have wrapped principal photography on the film! Then it's on to 6 months of post...

Mark

A heartfelt congratulations to everyone involved, and a big thanks to you Mark.

Without the mind of the writer we got nothing.

It looks like every dollar made it to the screen, though I know when you are making a film in this budget corridor you always wish you had more ;)

My two favorite Mark Hosack tag line suggestions, in order . . .

1. "Shoot first. Drink later."

3. "Drink first. Shoot later."

;)

I still can't stop watching this trailer.

- TB

I'd say more a homage to Orson Welles' The Lady From Shanghai (1947), which was no doubt Mulcahy's inspiration for that scene in The Shadow.

TheLadyFromShanghai.jpg

Ah, that's interesting. I guess it was an inspiration for the scene in The Shadow. And it's funny, because Welles was on of the people who spoke The Shadow on the radio show.

I like the tagline and the poster as well! Can't wait for the REALLY cool poster in full size :)

"Bad to the bone" fits quite well here. I wonder what kind of music will end up in the actual movie.

Amen Brother.

The poster turned out OK.

I wish I'd have had more time.

The REALLY kickass poster has only been seen by Tom, Russell and Mark.

Haven't even shown it to Hannibal yet.

Next step Cannes, then I blow their balls off with it ;)

Thanks all for the kindly words.

<...snip...>

A heartfelt congratulations to everyone involved, and a big thanks to you Mark.

Without the mind of the writer we got nothing.

It looks like every dollar made it to the screen, though I know when you are making a film in this budget corridor you always wish you had more ;)

My two favorite Mark Hosack tag line suggestions, in order . . .

1. "Shoot first. Drink later."

3. "Drink first. Shoot later."

;)

I still can't stop watching this trailer.

- TB

Amen, Tim.

And that first poster looks pretty great, though, as is. I really do love the palette.

This is the AFM buzzreel, not an official trailer -- I've heard that so far it's been well received at the market.

Mark

Wow! - Just a five week shoot ... amazing, guys. Amazing.

Looking forward to the whole package!

The opening shot of the dude getting tossed out the window is probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a teaser or trailer in years. It just makes you smile.

I actually DID laugh. From the very beginning with that scene and the music, you pretty much know what you're in for. Lots of great imagery just in this short teaser. Looks great.

Here's the tag for Mike V's biopic -

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

THE STORY OF MIKEY V

I love it.

Haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some digging and see what I can uncover.

- tb

You know from what little I have gleaned of this movie, regarding the music one song I've heard recently seems like it would fit in quite. "No Man's Friend" by Mike Ness, plus it's pretty heavy on the sax and that just seems so right.

Stone Cold Crazy!

What rocks is the fact that we've been eagerly chowing at this line and we're still getting our tops popped by the guy out the window! Aw yeah.

Also, I know most of y'all are getting wet over the Mateba but the Buick's doin' it for me.

Hey, I like the Mateba as much as any gunbuff, but if anything in this "gets me wet" it's Elsa in the shower.

Ah, yes, sex always trumps!

What's funny is from a dame's perspective, I barely registered that scene - it was the obligatory skin/voyeur shot and a moment for us to catch our breath in a breakneck trailer.

I hope he doesn't bed her - he's got enough trouble as it is.

I was on the Hannibal Pictures website and was reading the synopsis, I got half way through before I realized it was kinda filled with spoilers and stopped. I know how Hosack's little cameo turns out now.

Yeah, that sucks.

I should have warned you all.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago.

But now I've read it so all's fare where I'm concerned.

Also, Jane told me that some stuff may be from an earlier draft.

I was designing a sales sheet for Hannibal with a fat synopsis on it, and Jane mentioned that some of that is no longer in the movie.

May apply to the synop over at the Hannibal site too. Can't remember if it read like the sales sheet or not.

So this is the official warning, don't read the synopsis at the Hannibal site unless you don't care about some spoilage.

But if you're anything like me then your memory will be obliterated by the time it hits screens ;)

In my mind, Hosack spits out the gag and goes tear-assing around town until he finds the bastards that tied him up to the merry-go-round, then, like a scene out of Monty Python And The The Holy Grail, he shouts obscenities at them and kicks at his attackers with venomous fury since his hands are still tied.

;)

- TB

It ain't the Whiskey, it's the milage.

Incidentally, I sent the link for the Malone buzz reel over to Frank Darabont last night.

He LOVED it but wasn't exactly crazy about the Thorogood.

I was just chatting with Tom and he had no idea that the reel was online. Wasn't thrilled about the Thorogood either.

I said, aww c'mon, it's just sizzle reel background, and it didn't ruin anything for us because we know it's not official-like.

I think it's safe to say that when we do see an official trailer it will have something less recognizable, clichéd, and commercially "used" working with it.

Tom was very excited that everyone here was digging the footage though.

His computer died on him last week which is why he hasn't checked in on us lately.

- TB

It ain't the Whiskey, it's the milage.

You can't put alcohol in a Harrison quote from Raiders buddy! ;)

P.S.

I'm behind on these threads what/who is Thorogood?

Sorry, been busy renovating my basement

-Raffi

Guest AdminGuyX

WHO IS THOROGOOD???????

Oh . . . my friend. I don't know whether to introduce you to his music, or hire a hitman.

George Thorogood is singing and doing the guitar work for "Bad to the bone".

He's got about 4 or 5 songs that I really like. Mostly remakes of classic blues songs though.

I have to say, I think the song makes the sizzle reel a lot of fun to watch. It didn't detract or take anything away for me.

Yes, it's been used in every beer commercial, and terminator 2, and many movie trailers.

Rarely with this kind of pinache, and sense of fun though. It worked for me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.