kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

I wanted to buy the DVD yesterday, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I did find a Mariah Carey movie that I've never heard of. (A big sarcastic whoo!)

I was disappointed. There was also a CD that I wanted and couldn't find. I have some more places to look, though.

Wish me luck!!!

I wanted to buy the DVD yesterday, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I have some more places to look, though.

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck! :D I'm waiting for my copy to come in the mail. It better get here soon...

Here's a cool JoBlo.com Review of Give 'Em Hell Malone; 4 out of 5 stars:

"Thomas Jane rocks as Malone (LOVE the opening monologue) and I’m happy the guy has decided to diversify himself with a good many roles as of late. The man can do anything and still reel me in (case in point, I actually watched a few episodes of his HBO series HUNG)."

http://www.joblo.com/dvdclinic/dvd_review.php?id=2617

Jen

Good luck! :D I'm waiting for my copy to come in the mail. It better get here soon...

Jen

Thanks for wishing me luck, but I bet you'll get yours before I get mine.

Ordered it awhile ago, watched it the other night ..... ♪♪♪ love ♪♪ .....

The opening successfully pulls you in and holds you there as promised.

Malone's Mom is a highlarious mess but, she is an adorable kick in the pants.

The mini interview Thomas shares with some heavy equipment off camera is truly

a comical show of patience. The stogie seems to be taking the edge off of the stolen scene

(Albeit more subtle than the Cohiba ... Is that a Montecristo No.2 ?).

So, Mark, I was wondering what are the odds of you directing the sequel?

Gad, I'd love to. I originally wrote Malone to direct as my follow up to Pale Blue Moon, it was my answer to an indie action flick that could be done on a dime, but I imagine I'd have to arm wrestle Russell over it / see what he's up to when the time comes. I think he has first dibs. But who knows? stranger things have happened. TJ would be a great choice too, he, of course, really gets it.

We'll have to stand by to hear about the sequel -- if Hannibal doesn't greenlight it, I'm just gonna change the title to MAKE 'EM BLEED, MALONESY, we'll swap TJ's tie out for a bolo and go shoot the bastard. The sequel's a good story.

Mark

Give 'Em Hell Malone gets a B+ from Film School Rejects with this in-depth

review:

"In summation, Give `Em Hell Malone is a nice blend of noir sensibilities and

kick ass action, well worth the 92 minutes you'll spend watching it."

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/blu-...e-robfr.p\

hp

Jen

Gad, I'd love to. I originally wrote Malone to direct as my follow up to Pale Blue Moon, it was my answer to an indie action flick that could be done on a dime, but I imagine I'd have to arm wrestle Russell over it / see what he's up to when the time comes. I think he has first dibs. But who knows? stranger things have happened. TJ would be a great choice too, he, of course, really gets it.

We'll have to stand by to hear about the sequel -- if Hannibal doesn't greenlight it, I'm just gonna change the title to MAKE 'EM BLEED, MALONESY, we'll swap TJ's tie out for a bolo and go shoot the bastard. The sequel's a good story.

Mark

Another director that would be a perfect match for the sequel, Walter Hill. Jane and Hill really need to make a goddamn movie already.

Here's an interesting review from blogger; he definitely has opinions about things! :lol: :

"The best thing the movie has going for it is Thomas Jane. ... he’s authentically manly."

http://outlawvern.com/2010/02/02/give-em-hell-malone/

Jen

Okay, I ordered my copy through a local specialty store, but I've been looking around and have yet to see this out in other stores. We went away the other day and I scoped for it in another town, same deal. What gives? Is it just my area or are the rest of you having trouble finding this.

I still haven't found it, yet. I went to a place called Movie Gallery and couldn't even find it to rent. Not having luck at all, but I'm trying.

I still haven't found it, yet. I went to a place called Movie Gallery and couldn't even find it to rent. Not having luck at all, but I'm trying.

I think you'll have more luck finding it if you just go online and buy it! LOL good luck!

Here's an interesting review from blogger; he definitely has opinions about things! :lol: :

"The best thing the movie has going for it is Thomas Jane. ... he’s authentically manly."

http://outlawvern.com/2010/02/02/give-em-hell-malone/

Jen

Ah, you gotta love Outlaw Vern.

I had rented mine from a chain called Family Video (the only movie rental place in my city). Didn't see it at Walmart or Best Buy, so I have no idea when/if they'll be stocking it.

I had rented mine from a chain called Family Video (the only movie rental place in my city). Didn't see it at Walmart or Best Buy, so I have no idea when/if they'll be stocking it.

The best buy and Target are both carrying it round my place.

The best buy and Target are both carrying it round my place.

That's cool. The stores around here are pretty crappy with getting in a lot of things. Hell, took me a long time to finally find a copy of Shawshank Redemption Special Edition (still can't find the Green Mile special ed.).

I think you'll have more luck finding it if you just go online and buy it! LOL good luck!

I know, I know. I wanted to try to buy it in the store first. But if I can't find it, I will have to get it online. I buy so many things online; I thought buying it in a store, the way God intended, would be better. :)

This is disappointing that the film isn't stocked -- It's not at my local Best Buy either, but it was at B&N where you can pay 20 dollars more than on Amazon for it. Mark

This is disappointing that the film isn't stocked -- It's not at my local Best Buy either, but it was at B&N where you can pay 20 dollars more than on Amazon for it. Mark

Ironically enough, I ended up getting Shawshank at B&N for $14, which is a pretty good deal.

Of course, they were charging the Sherlock Holmes score for $20, when I got it at Best Buy for $9.

I have no idea how the distributers work. For all I know, a good many stores took one look at that cover and didn't bother...

Maybe you guys are just missing the fact that it is selling out? (I can hope for you guys can't I?)

All depends on the production volumes and distribution of said volume I would assume.

If you have 1000 stores and make 10,000 copies, that averages out to 10 per store, however if 10 stores are in a historically horrible marketplace area, you send them maybe 2 copies if any at all.

At least that is what I would do...

If you have 1000 stores and make 10,000 copies, that averages out to 10 per store, however if 10 stores are in a historically horrible marketplace area, you send them maybe 2 copies if any at all.

At least that is what I would do...

You cracked the code! I don't like it that we're having trouble finding it in the store, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this difficulty. Misery loves company, I guess.

And if Mark couldn't find it at too many places, what chances do the rest of us have?

Here's a blogger review of GEHM:

"Malone is a fun film, and Thomas Jane (of The Mist, HBO’s Hung) does a great Sam Spade impression, spewing Dashiell Hammett dialogue as the hard-drinking hard-boiled detective Malone."

http://moviemanreviews4u.blogspot.com/2010...ell-malone.html

Jen

If you wanna buy it and can't find it...try Amazon. When all else failed for me, I went to Amazon and bought it and got it pretty damn fast.