kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

Very nice cover, hopefully my printer will print it out perfectly. Which reminds me I need to go out and get some gloss paper for this sucker.

Thanks for all of the support on this guys -- John, ALMOST braving a blizzard to get it the day it came out. That's ALMOST some major props ; )

Mark

If the winds did not stop, I still would have went. Even against the wife's wishes ;)

Tim, that's a knock out! Printing it now.

Tim, I love your cover. That's just how I pictured the front to look like; I love when there's black and white with some red. It makes it stand out very well. Also, I wanted Tom to be the only one on the cover, which you perfected. It's amazing. If this was the original cover, how would anyone not want to buy it?

Someone should forward this to the DVD company. Seriously, if you would slap Tim's cover on half the DVD's pressed and set them next to the crappy one, which one would sell more? No brainer.

Bless you one and all!!

Also we have a nice advanced surprise cooking, the artwork for the UK DVD release.

Mark will post soon. Let us know what you think.

- TB

Amazing cover Tim!! :D

Here are a few recent reviews of GEHM:

"It's a fine movie that you enjoy from beginning to end as Tom Jane does an amazing job throughout."

http://thefilmstage.com/2010/01/26/dvd-pic...-week-jan-26th/

and

A short review, which mistakenly says Hung is on Showtime!:

"...film received no distribution in the U.S. might lead one to believe "Give `Em Hell, Malone" is a stinker, which it's not..."

http://www.moviecitynews.com/reviews/DVD/2010/100126.html

and

More in-depth review:

"Jane is agreeably crabby and sardonic as Malone, and the dialogue he's given is creaky but fun..."

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/giveemhellmalone.php

Jen

Alrighty , here's my sleeve, nothing fancy but it has the right art on the cover!

Malone1DVDAFsml.jpg

That's a small file for preview.

You can grab the high resolution file right HERE. . . . OK, scratch that, it seems that photobucket won't let me upload things over a certain size cause the interface fucking RESIZED it for me.

I've sent the file to Hosack. He will host the download. Stay tuned.

I can probably re-size this for Blu Ray, anyone know the dimensions?

I don't have any Blu Ray movies cause I'm a fucking dinosaur and I'm poor, but I'm pretty sure the dimensions are different and I don't have any to measure.

Cheers all - gonna go grab mine tomorrow unless Hannibal wants to hook the kid up since he broke his fucking back for them ;)

Hosack, you get any comp copies?

- TB

OMG!!! Tim, now THAT is the cover that should have been on this thing to begin with. That's the one I was secretly wishing for before they came out with that crap one. Now I'm gonna have a tough time deciding which one to use- yours or xNLx's. DANG, what a dilemma! :lol:

Bless you one and all!!

Also we have a nice advanced surprise cooking, the artwork for the UK DVD release.

- TB

Wait, an official Malone cover that doesn't suck?! Tim, you drunk? :lol:

Wait, an official Malone cover that doesn't suck?! Tim, you drunk? :lol:

Well, looks like we'll have to hold off showing it. We were all set to give you guys a peek but Hannibal slammed down the hammer.

It's definitely better than the US sleeve, a step in the right direction. It also makes use of my retouched Malone figure (from the Mateba motif poster) as it's centerpiece.

I'll hold my own comments until it's public cause I don't want to taint (for good or bad) your own impressions of it.

- TB

Well, looks like we'll have to hold off showing it. We were all set to give you guys a peek but Hannibal slammed down the hammer.

It's definitely better than the US sleeve, a step in the right direction. It also makes use of my retouched Malone figure (from the Mateba motif poster) as it's centerpiece.

I'll hold my own comments until it's public cause I don't want to taint (for good or bad) your own impressions of it.

- TB

That stinks, but I'm sure it'll be shown in due time. Let's see if I can't reword my response:

So, a cover that could possibly be better than what we got, but might not be exactly what we were hoping on?! Tim, you drunk?!

Oh, and I felt the need to mock Malone's fiery bullet in my sketches this morning:

malone.jpg

My local Blockbuster doesn't have any copies of G'eHM and doesn't intend to get any. I ws rather upset and made a small scene when I left the store. I'll find another store carrying it. It seems to be the 4th time I had intended to see the film and it hasn't worked out the way I thought it would. I WILL make it happen by this weekend! :P

My local Blockbuster doesn't have any copies of G'eHM and doesn't intend to get any. I ws rather upset and made a small scene when I left the store. I'll find another store carrying it. It seems to be the 4th time I had intended to see the film and it hasn't worked out the way I thought it would. I WILL make it happen by this weekend! :P

I don't know what all video places are around you, but I rented my copy at Family Video (I have no idea if they're a big chain elsewhere), so other shops should have it for rent by now.

More reviews coming in - here's a shorter blogger review:

"Jane makes a perfect PI, delivering withering wise cracks with a cool edge..."

http://dvdaday.blogspot.com/2010/01/give-em-hell-malone.html

and

From Film School Rejects:

"Pitch: See Thomas Jane as you've already seen him before! And that's not a bad

thing…"

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/...-robhr.ph\

p

and

"...its a shame that it didn't get much of a theatrical release, because its

actually quite good."

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/...26-neilm.\

php

and

a longer blogger review, while not gung-ho, has this funny thing to say:

"Thomas Jane delivers a solid performance, as always. I´d like to see him

portray this kind of detective again. Come to think of it, this Malone character

would make for a pretty cool franchise. You just switch out the word "Hell" in

the title for every new installment: "Give ´Em Torment, Malone", "Give ´Em

Misery, Malone", "Give ´Em Nightmares, Malone"… The possibilities are endless!"

http://svearikeslag.se/movie/wordpress/?p=564

Jen

That is just wrong that your local Blockbuster doesn't carry this movie! :angry: I hope you can find it at another video store soon. :)

Jen

I love how you said you "made a small scene when you left the store". :lol: That's right Mike...show 'em just how wrong they are for not carring this movie!

Bless you one and all!!

- TB

I can only hope it is the same art that we are getting up here in Canada.

Release date up here is February 9th, Blu-Ray price $24.99 CDN (DVD $21.99 CDN)

I can only hope it is the same art that we are getting up here in Canada.

Release date up here is February 9th, Blu-Ray price $24.99 CDN (DVD $21.99 CDN)

Can you give us a link and a look-see at the Canadian edition?

- TB

Can you give us a link and a look-see at the Canadian edition?

- TB

No image. I am hoping it is better than the US cover (You mentioned something about a improved cover for UK release). I'm hoping that we get the better cover up here. You'll know on Feb 9th when I buy it up here in Canuckville.

Bless you one and all!!

- TB

carnt wait to see this only a month to wait in the UK now glad were getting some better artwork than the US release.

Ok, I have a question...

Someone bought this DVD for me...but it was a regular DVD. My Blu Ray plays both but before I open it....Is the Blu Ray version any better or is it pretty much the same? I coulda swore I read some where on this thread that someone said it was pretty much the same, but I can't find it and I just wanna make sure.

Thanks!

-Aly

Ok, I have a question...

Someone bought this DVD for me...but it was a regular DVD. My Blu Ray plays both but before I open it....Is the Blu Ray version any better or is it pretty much the same? I coulda swore I read some where on this thread that someone said it was pretty much the same, but I can't find it and I just wanna make sure.

Thanks!

-Aly

I wouldn't know for sure, but I think the picture quality is probably a bit better, but the special features are more or less the same.

Yeah, they pretty much dropped the ball on this release all around. But at least it got released.