kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

Guest AdminGuyX

Good news. Congratulations to all involved! I'm very happy to hear it's #3 most rented. I bet it would be the #1 most rented if they had used Tim to design the cover.

;)

Not sure, some RSS feed thingy. He sent the little feed link to TJ and I.

it's from some Entertainment real-time blogsite.

This is the thing he found -

"Important question for my followers: GIVE 'EM HELL MALONE. Why the hell does this movie have an entire wall at Blockbuster and why are all the copies rented out?

It's their #3 most rented movie. I've never heard of it. I didn't realize this still happened ;) "

The distributor fucked A LOT of stuff up but they definitely pulled a coup with the Blockbastard exclusive deal.

How many unreleased films get a whole wall? If Blocknazi ordered a whole wall for each of their stores that translates into beaucoup units sold.

I'm sure they got a ridiculous wholesale discount but still. That's how you move some fuckin product.

A decent amount of those rents will turn into purchases too.

Good news for when it's released wide. Heavy rents at Blockbuster is actually some decent promotion in itself.

Retail Buyers look at that shit.

- TB

I noticed too that it's heavily featured on their main page and it's really being pushed by BB. Don't know who thought up that deal but it was the first smart thing they've with promoting this movie. :lol:

My intuition tells me that the distributors likely paid to rent the prime real estate on BB's site.

Part of the package exclusive deal they received from the Ballbuster.

I give 'em points for that, but they are still a tad behind after wrapping the film in a sow's ear.

If it's number 3 then it surely could be number 1 if they'd coughed up more $ for P+A, gave it a classy package, went for video TV spots or even web ads which would heighten the awareness immeasurably.

"Star of TV's HUNG, Golden Globe Nominee Thomas JANE in the film noir shoot 'em up of the year!"

That's a lot of mileage. Late night TV spots on Spike, FX, Comedy Channel, Sci-Fi, that kinda thing would not have cost an arm and a leg.

Best $ studios/distributors EVER spend is Advertising $. It's a fucking tax WRITE-OFF.

xo

Good news. Congratulations to all involved! I'm very happy to hear it's #3 most rented. I bet it would be the #1 most rented if they had used Tim to design the cover.

;)

amen.

I've got my copy on order. Can't wait to watch it!! :D

Here's the link to a detailed GEHM Review:

"" You gotta give filmmakers credit for trying to merge the film noir and action film genres."

http://www.dvdtown.com/review/give-em-hell-malone/dvd/7716

Jen

malonedvdsmall.jpg

There, that should be better than the crappy cover that comes with the dvd. Choose the download option here for a nice big and crisp version.

Ooh, it's the 3hr version. And watch out Nanna, it's in Widescreen :P

I probably should have come up with some real ridiculous special features as well :lol:

malonedvdsmall.jpg

There, that should be better than the crappy cover that comes with the dvd. Choose the download option here for a nice big and crisp version.

When Hosack gets a second to breathe he'll post this and links to the Facebook page.

I'd do it but Hosack is our voice and everyone listens to him ;)

I'm working on one too but this is GREAT and the fans will appreciate.

Thanks Shawn.

- Tim

Thanks Tim! I would say this could be more streamlined, but gosh darn it ANYTHING is better than the wacko cover that is being used. Glad you and Hosack liked it (even though I accidentally misspelled his named; fixed on the big version at the link). I'm sure your's is going to be BOSS!

xNLn, very cool cover. Really digging the Malone profile inside the Molone outline. Also, checking out the credits, thanks for the nod :D

No prob! I did a quick look through the thread to find the more prominent names throughout. I wish I had more room, there were a lot more people I would have liked to throw in there.

No prob! I did a quick look through the thread to find the more prominent names throughout. I wish I had more room, there were a lot more people I would have liked to throw in there.

Dude! I can now take the brown paper sack off of my copy! Thanks man! And thank you also for the nod.

OK, posted to the FB page -- once again, awesome work Shawn -- thanks for the alt choice to the bastardized art. Are you on FB, BTW?

Mark

Nah, I never got caught up with the Facebook fad. Flirted with Myspace, but ultimately never touched it after a couple days after signing up.

No prob Irish! My cover ain't perfect (I assume 'Street's will blow mine out of the water!), but gosh darn it, its got personality! Unlike "Mr. Malone-with-a-flaming-bullet-hole-and-Boulder-holding-a-gun-for-no-reason-at-all... Smith". Bleh.

Now I just gotta see this signed by Jane, that'd make my day.

Oh, and everyone else that is prominent here but didn't get in the credits (I'm talking to you, mediumfan and Jen), I feel incredibly bad for not getting your names in there. Hell, maybe I'll make a Criterion or Mr. Sparkle version...

Oh, and everyone else that is prominent here but didn't get in the credits (I'm talking to you, mediumfan and Jen), I feel incredibly bad for not getting your names in there. Hell, maybe I'll make a Criterion or Mr. Sparkle version...

Thanks, xnlx. 'Preciate the mention. Don't sweat it that you couldn't get everyone's names on there. I'm sure everyone would rather admire that kickass design than see their names on it. I know I'm loving it, and I'm just waiting with baited breath to get my copy so I can wrap that around it.

It's gonna piss me off to have to buy it with that crappy cover, but at least now I'll have something to cover it up with, lol! Thanks a million.

I'd love to see a Mr. Sparkle version too! :D

MR. SPARKLE!!!!!!

Let's say I'll know after the weekend ;)

Thanks, xnlx. 'Preciate the mention. Don't sweat it that you couldn't get everyone's names on there. I'm sure everyone would rather admire that kickass design than see their names on it. I know I'm loving it, and I'm just waiting with baited breath to get my copy so I can wrap that around it.

It's gonna piss me off to have to buy it with that crappy cover, but at least now I'll have something to cover it up with, lol! Thanks a million.

Ditto!! :D

Plus, here's a short blurb, In the "buy it" category, for Give 'Em Hell Malone:

"They just don't come any cooler than Thomas Jane, as he easily proves in the uber-cool "Give `Em Hall, Malone""

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/j...es-jan-26-2010/

Jen

God must have known, the winds have stopped and the sun is shining. Finally I can leave the house to pick up Malone! Oh, and get some groceries too.

Alrighty , here's my sleeve, nothing fancy but it has the right art on the cover!

Malone1DVDAFsml.jpg

That's a small file for preview.

You can grab the high resolution file right HERE. . . . OK, scratch that, it seems that photobucket won't let me upload things over a certain size cause the interface fucking RESIZED it for me.

I've sent the file to Hosack. He will host the download. Stay tuned.

I can probably re-size this for Blu Ray, anyone know the dimensions?

I don't have any Blu Ray movies cause I'm a fucking dinosaur and I'm poor, but I'm pretty sure the dimensions are different and I don't have any to measure.

Cheers all - gonna go grab mine tomorrow unless Hannibal wants to hook the kid up since he broke his fucking back for them ;)

Hosack, you get any comp copies?

- TB

No wacky special features?! Heh, I keed. Looks slick, I have no idea why they didn't go this route for the covers. Even a bad rip off of yours would have been more appreciated. I like the car by the dvd specs, great little detail. Man, if we both had more free time, a cover fight would be fun.

Finally got to see the bloody thing. Overall, I thought it was pretty damn enjoyable, and would have benefited by some more editing and slicker music. But hey, its pretty bad ass, and everyone involved should be proud of themselves... except for the guy who decided to put out that lame cover.

Tom's interview is pretty funny too.. He really hates that truck backing up.

edit: oh yeah, photobucket ain't great for huge images. Luckily my deviantart account let me do mine.

White Noir Sleeve Is Served. Download your own at:

The RIGHT Fucking Art Work

Right Click and download.

FYI: I spoke to Hannibal yesterday and they said E1 is supposedly shipping them copies, so email 'em and make sure they dole 'em out to you, the desevered. (That isn't a word, is it? Screw it).

I love this cover, Tim, thanks a ton for doing it up. I'm going to have to get two DVDs, one for your cover, the other for Shawns -- I'm glad you dug the film!

Thanks for all of the support on this guys -- John, ALMOST braving a blizzard to get it the day it came out. That's ALMOST some major props ; )

Mark