kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

So which crazy Raw member is going to host the Give'em Hell, Malone release party?! We can all rock fedoras to celebrate.

Ooo! What a good idea!

So five minutes ago I got a text from a buddy saying he just got a copy of MALONE in the mail through Blockbuster OnLine -- I called BB and they said no, it shouldn't come out anywhere until Jan 8th. Point is, there was a screwup somewhere, copies of Malone have been shipped, so if any of you have BB OnLine, put MALONE in your queue, it may come to you now. I'm going to try the BB streaming thing later and see if it works.

Mark

MALONE DVD

You can definitely get MALONE at BlockBuster Online -- If you don't want to sign up, you can do a 2 week free trial if you go to the BlockBuster website, which is what I did. You can get the BluRay or DVD. Again, I think this is a screwup on Blockbuster's end -- it doesn't say its avail yet, I was only able to "Save It To My Queue" not "Add it," but the screener shipped out to me, so.......... At any rate, at least the art on the DVD itself doesn't suck...

So, what's it like? Any good :blink: ?

Did it come across better on DVD; taking into account the luxury

of sitting at home versus, say a crowded, bustling, franken-jaded Comic-Con crowd?!

And I'm guessing no alterations were made to it, as was mooted?

I'll wait to see if I can buy it in a store first. I'll order it online, if I can't find it. I've done most of my Christmas shopping online, and I'm a little tired of it. Plus, it's nice to step out into the real world occasionally.

The movie is really cool!

had a possibility to watch it day ago in russia

if it succes there will be a second installment, that would be really fantastic!

I can't wait for the film...but that damned dvd cover is just nausea inducing. Seriously, that cover is going to cost them sales.

"His name is Malone and he's one though dick" ... Bow chicka bow-wow! :P

A bold blend of cartoonish carnage and noirish sarcasm with a nasty bite, Give 'Em Hell Malone is thin on plot but a devilishly crafted delight for the eyes and ears. In other words, the storyline is pretty much beside the point, as the brash, buffoonish action nearly takes off into an alternate cinematic universe.

Prairie Miller, News Blaze

Two good-great 'official' reviews:

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/give-em-hel...9-movie-review/

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100101064836m...b/topstory.html

only Malone knows for sure, and he ain’t talking

Hah! Love that line. Sounds like it could pretty much sum up the character of Malone.

This is the best part. ;)

Thomas Jane, who has a shown a good feel for these types of roles, is perfectly cast as Malone. Even his voiceovers are appropriately gruff and tough.

I cannot say I know much at all (Read nearly zero) about films and the industry. Can those with the knowledge tell me what sort of format is required for a theatical viewing? I have doubts that bringing a DVD copy to a theatre would work... Like I say. No idea.

I ask because once again my friend mentioned that he would rent a theatre to get a proper viewing. I just want to know what format is required and if such a format is even available at this time....

You'd probably have to call the distribution company and see if they could send you a print of the film.

I don't think a print exists. That costs $, I'm sure they never struck one. Best thing to do would be to get the HD Master, but I tried to get one for Long Beach Comic-Con and the dist. company / prod. company wouldn't let me have it, so........

The BLURAY would be your best bet! Tom and Tim screened The Mist at LB COMIC CON off of one -- how did it look? To screen, a theater would have to have a digital projector and a BluRay player -- you could bring yours from home. A lot of the quality depends on how good of a projector they have.

Mark

I don't think a print exists. That costs $, I'm sure they never struck one. Best thing to do would be to get the HD Master, but I tried to get one for Long Beach Comic-Con and the dist. company / prod. company wouldn't let me have it, so........

Mark

Wow, dick move on their part.

Guest AdminGuyX

I just have to scratch my head when studios don't know what they have, and short change a project like this into the ground. Andy is right, this DVD art is going to hurt sales.

:(

Short overview of Give 'Em Hell Malone here:

http://www.dvdtown.com/news/private-detect...ntent=Bloglines

and

Give 'Em Hell Malone Review:

"This a great slice of modern genre film-making, a comic-book palette meshes the neo-noir world that Malone inhabits with the real world outside which occasionally breaks through in humorous ways."

http://www.chrisvscinema.com/?p=725

Jen

Just two more days for street date.

I was lucky enough to amass a fat load of Best buy gift cards for Xmas so I'm getting a PS3 so I can watch this fucker in High Def, Blue Ray style!

Rock fucking ON!

- TB

Now I'm bummed, I wanted to make Malone my first Blu Ray purchase but I don't have a dedicated HD screen yet.

I was hoping to hook my PS3 up to my new iMac but it appears it cannot be done.

RATZ!

Incidentally, I saw the Mist in Blue Ray (Black and White version) at Long Beach, projected and it was AMAZING.

But when my brother was showing off his Blu Ray big screen HD set-up I thought the film actually looked like high def video tape rather than HD film which was rather disappointing.

He was showing the color version but I don't see what real difference that would make. I was somehow underwhelmed.

Now I've seen Blu Ray on display at Fry's, Best Buy, etc . . . and it never made the films they were playing look like video tape.

I'm hoping this is an aberration.

CONGRATS MARK!

- TB

The only thing I could say that would be "negative" about Malone is that I wanted more (and I hate waiting ;) )! Malone was such a cool character, I wanted to see more of his past adventures and the end leaves it open to many more. In a way it's a lot like finishing an arch in a comic series.

For as low budget as this film was supposed to be, the film quality was by far amazing. I've seen big budget films that don't have the same film quality as this did. The actors where great, loved Tom as Malone. I liked too Matchstick, but I really liked Ving. He's just this massive bad-ass, but every time Malone is around or mentioned, he shudders back. It was a funny touch. This is probably one of Mulcahy's best. Last but not least, thanks to Mark for bringing back hard boiled tough guys. They were sorely missed.

I hope this makes money because I really want more. Malone is a lot like Chandler's Philip Marlowe, only he could get the drop on Marlowe anyday.

Awesome JWeb!!!

And to everyone, keep your reviews coming cause we really DO want to know what YOU think.

You know what we think cause we've been raving about it for a year. We love it.

If sales are good I believe Mark mentioned the distinct possibility of a sequel so PLEASE, turn everyone you know onto this!

Hosack has an awesome next chapter cooked up so anything anyone can do to help support might ensure further exploits of Malone!

Forget downloading it and go buy the fucking thing cause it's one you'll be glad to own.

- TB

PS - JWeb, did you dig those opening titles? ;)

Hey John -- Thanks for your thoughts on the film and, yes, I'm glad you dug it.

Right Tim -- Definitely keep those reviews coming in. And thanks to all of you guys for the support -- you are this film's core audience and it wouldn't exist without you.

Yes, we've got a badass story for MAKE 'EM BLEED. Let's hope sequel fever hits and it goes...

Mark