kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

I agree!

I'll second that...cept I'd still rather see Tim's!

Today, the MPAA officially rated Malone "R" for "strong bloody violence throughout, language and some sexual content."

There are 3 reasons why this is exciting:

1) MPAA ratings only come about as a film is getting close to being released.

2) Between you, me and the rest of the RAW forum, I've heard groaning from international distributors about the blood level in the movie, and a not-so-violent version of the film might even exist somewhere out there, but this rating and description leads me to believe that this is NOT the version that will be released domestically.

3) In the same press release, the movie "Maneater" was rated "R" for "bloody violence, strong sexuality/nudity, language and some teen drug and alcohol use." Notice we got "STRONG" bloody violence while a film titled Maneater only got "Bloody Violence."

Mark

Hmmm... Lightning Entertainment.... Time to make some inquiries again... :)

Hmmm... Lightning Entertainment.... Time to make some inquiries again... :)

It looks like they only do direct-to-DVD stuff.

It looks like they only do direct-to-DVD stuff.

I just got a call back from Lightning Entertainment.

According to them, GEHM is a DTV and they acquired the Video on Demand rights and requested the MPAA rating...

Sigh... I can honestly say I don't know how the industry works in film. Is there still a possibility of a limited release?

Hey good snooping there, well that makes sense that they have the Video On Demand -- Hannibal told me E1 has domestic, meaning the US -- E1 was once the largest DVD company in the states, KOCH Entertainment, "National Media Entertainment" is a distribution label of E1, I'm guessing their DTV label. Hannibal must have sold Video on Demand to Lightning. Is it possible for a limited release? Yes. E1 has a theatrical label, I'm sure, and if they have domestic, they probably have all media, meaning theatrical. WILL they release it theatrically??????? In some markets?????? somewhere????????

I don't know, but I am an eternal optimist.

Mark

Guest AdminGuyX

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that Malone will be direct to video. I'm surprised. I was sure that after the success of Hung this film would get a full theatrical roll out.

Hey good snooping there, well that makes sense that they have the Video On Demand -- Hannibal told me E1 has domestic, meaning the US -- E1 was once the largest DVD company in the states, KOCH Entertainment, "National Media Entertainment" is a distribution label of E1, I'm guessing their DTV label. Hannibal must have sold Video on Demand to Lightning. Is it possible for a limited release? Yes. E1 has a theatrical label, I'm sure, and if they have domestic, they probably have all media, meaning theatrical. WILL they release it theatrically??????? In some markets?????? somewhere????????

I don't know, but I am an eternal optimist.

Mark

All my snooping aside, I'm gonna send out a few more feelers @ E1 and see what is going on with it. I hope for something. I'll take what I can get! I'll be damned however if I don't ask for more.

I really want this film to have a theatrical release. I would prefer a wide-release, but we can't always have what we want.

Mark was kind enough to send me over a confirmation that it looks like the folks who picked up the distribution rights have gone the idiot route and are using that godawful artwork we've suffered to see here recently, on the DVD covers. Well, the Blu Ray at the very least. That's the only one I saw. I couldn't bring myself to research further.

What a goddamn shame.

- TB

Mark was kind enough to send me over a confirmation that it looks like the folks who picked up the distribution rights have gone the idiot route and are using that godawful artwork we've suffered to see here recently, on the DVD covers. Well, the Blu Ray at the very least. That's the only one I saw. I couldn't bring myself to research further.

What a goddamn shame.

- TB

ick...i'm gonna have to put it in a brown paper sack when i add it to my collection.

FYI: If any of you are going to buy Malone on BluRay, it's super cheap if you preorder from Amazon. Only 13 bucks. That's what I'm doing.

From our Canadian version of Amazon (Amazon.ca)

List Price: CDN$ 32.99

Price: CDN$ 22.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over CDN$ 39. Details

You Save: CDN$ 10.00 (30%)

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

This title will be released on February 9, 2010.

Pre-order now!

Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Gift-wrap available.

What? Our $ is over 90% of the US in value... I mean WTF!!!

Mind you I'd still pay to own it.

This is coming to region 2 dvd on March 8th. Looking forward to it. Hope the cover art we get is a lot better though.

Okay, I was wandering around Blockbuster where I picked up WORLDS GREATEST DAD, and while checking out, thought, Wonder if they have Malone coming out on the 26th? After a quick inquiry (where I bowed and introduced myself in grand fashion as the writer) they told me it's coming out January 8th -- both BluRay & DVD. I called around, every blockbuster has the street date as Jan. 8th, so Amazon's on crack, I guess. My local store ordered 45 & 4 BluRays, a healthy amount that they said would take up an entire wall, so at least we're getting a whopper of a BluRay / DVD release.

Mark

As disheartening as it is that this isn't hitting the big screen in any fashion, the earlier release date date is good to hear. Now all you have to do is find out what the hell is going to be on the DVD.

Also, how did you like Worlds Greatest Dad?

January 8th! Now I know what to do with any Christmas money/gift cards :D

I agree, bummer about all the theatrical/cover art stuff, but man did you get a heck of a crew behind you. Too bad Hollywood can't see beyond all the robots, explosions and superheros. One day, one day....