kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

Fred, k-skye probably has a point. Thomas mentioned a while back in a podcast about he and Paul Reubens working together on Buffy tVS, but they even though they might not have become friends back then, it was a start anyway. But I think they've been friends for years.

Things have a funny way of coming full circle anyway. David Arquette was also in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and now Thomas is married to his sister. So who knows? Small world, ain't it?

Guest FADoss
Fred, k-skye probably has a point. Thomas mentioned a while back in a podcast about he and Paul Reubens working together on Buffy tVS, but they even though they might not have become friends back then, it was a start anyway. But I think they've been friends for years.

Things have a funny way of coming full circle anyway. David Arquette was also in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and now Thomas is married to his sister. So who knows? Small world, ain't it?

Indeed it is. AND I imagine even smaller working successfully in the entertainment business.

Fred

They were both in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie. That's my guess.

k-skye

Don't forget David! Funny how these things come around years later. I think this was in the begining of all three guy's film careers.

Hannibal Pictures updated the movie info on their site. Doug Hutchison ("The Green Mile") is playing "Matchstick" ;)

Hah! The Punisher meets Looney Bin Jim... Wait. :mellow:

So since the production is up and running, and Tom is officially loose in Washington State, let's get this party started.

Give 'Em Hell Malone (2009)

Directed by Russell Mulcahy (Highlander, Ricochet, Resident Evil: Extinction)

Written by Mark Hosack

Cinematographer - Jonathan Hall

Production Designer - Vincent DeFelice

Starring -

Thomas Jane - Malone

Ving Rahmes - Boulder

Elsa Pataky - Evelyn

Doug Hutchinson - Matchstick

French Stewart - Frankie The Crooner

Chris Yen - Mauler

David Andriole - Stache

Eileen Ryan - Gloria

For those that don't know, Eileen Ryan is the mother of Sean, Chris, and Michael Penn.

Also, our good pal, stuntman extraordinaire, Con Schell (Dark Country), will be doubling Tom, driving and taking extreme punishment.

Brief synopsis -

"A tough as nails private investigator (Malone) squares off with gangsters and their thugs to protect a valuable secret.

Malone goes through hell to protect the information but he dishes out some hell as well..."

This will be a slam-bang in your face noir action thriller. Malone faces some pretty tough customers with names like Boulder, Mauler, and Matchstick.

I'm looking forward to Doug Hutchinson playing the pyromaniac, Matchstick. The addition of French Stewart is a welcome surprise. Chris Yen is a stunning little minx. and with a name like Mauler, you can bet she will be kicking serious ass. I love the juxtaposition of this tiny little waif playing a complete and utter badass. Ving will ROCK.

There is still at least one major cast member that has not been announced. We'll let you know who that is as soon as we get the go-ahead.

A few years back, Tom and I did a photo shoot for a movie poster teaser I worked up for Lion's Gate called The Lurkers (based on the comic by Steve Niles).

That film has yet to get off the ground, but the hat that Tom bought for the shoot will be seen liberally in Give 'Em Hell Malone.

I love that hat.

Courtesy of Tom, here are a few shots from the first days of filming. Looks fucking HOT.

Bang, Bang.

bangbang.jpg

Malone's car.

malonescar.jpg

More to come.

- TB

Pretty nice looking cast, surprising to see French Stewart on there. I take Paul Ruebens isn't doing a part into, or would he be just doing a cameo?

That's exactly what I thought, and then I saw the name of the character he was playing and I thought, somehow it fits.

Now if we can get Tom and John Lithgow together, and then somehow team him up with Kristen Johnston, he'll have worked with all four aliens from 3rd Rock from the Sun!

French is a pretty talented guy.

Can't wait to see what he cooks up.

Paul Ruebens had a scheduling conflict so he won't be playing Matchstick.

Would have been GREAT casting. Ruebens as a pyro would have been genius.

Hutchinson will rock though. Jane says he's awesome.

- TB

French is a pretty talented and funny, though the only serious thing I remember him in is Stargate.

What movie did Tom do with Joesph Gordon-Levitt?

That does suck about Rueben, though you can't go wrong with Doug Hutchinson. Will we be getting another Frank/Loony Bin Jim showdown?

Elsa Pataky... bof bof bof, they could find better, it seems to me... bof, lol.

The rumors about Michelle Rodriguez are still relevant on the net.

Oh man, those images fucking rock... Can't wait!

So since the production is up and running, and Tom is officially loose in Washington State, let's get this party started.

No shit, he's up here in my home turf doing the shoot?

Joe

thank for posting the pics, Tim. i'll be getting some more in the next couple days, so check back. the cast is great so far, i gotta say. this little girl CHRIS YEN is a real ass kicker. she's really damn good with the fighting and knives and shit. her mom was a super num chuk lady or something. there's some great stuff on Youtube about her - check her out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5rtVwngfLk...feature=related i think she's a fucking star. we're shooting a scene tomorrow where she beats the hell out of me, so wish me luck.

Doug has got some really sick make up going as the half burnt Matchstick - forget who's doing the M/U job but it's someone great - if i get the name i'll hit it here. i'm happy Doug is doing the part even though i was really hoping that Paul R. would be able to fill these shoes. it's such a great, sadistic, fetishistic part. damn, that's a word! the spelling demon didn't flag me for it, so it must be a fetishistic word!

also, keep your fingers crossed. looks like our local genius Tim Bradstreet will be tapped to do the posters. nothing official, and i don't even know if Tim will take the job yet, but i believe it's on the table and his for the taking, IF we should be so lucky! you heard it here first. more on that later as it becomes official.

i'll try to check in and post stuff as i get it, but i'm super busy with the film, which so far has exceeded my expectations. gotta get some sleep. goodnight!

-- TJ

this little girl CHRIS YEN is a real ass kicker. she's really damn good with the fighting and knives and shit. her mom was a super num chuk lady or something. there's some great stuff on Youtube about her - check her out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5rtVwngfLk...feature=related

:blink: impressive !

DAMN, Chris Yen reminds me of a female Jet Li...damn that little girl is fast...haha good luck with that Tom ill send you a card! :P

BTW: Its cool to get an inside scoop...I cant fuckin wait for this movie.

Another pic scoop from the clenched fist of Thomas Jane, aka, Malone!

It just keeps getting better . . .

Our knuckle bustin' hero.

IMG_05371.jpg

A real man's spit take.

still351sm.jpg

It's a Louisville Slugger you Sonuvabitch!

IMG_0435.jpg

Based on these stills I'm getting real fucking excited about this film.

And TJ's sporting the hat!

Wait'll you really see the revolver. Yer gonna shit Teflon jacketed Hollow Points.

- TB

This is just getting cooler by the frickin' minute!