kwiat_skye

Give 'em Hell Malone

I'm not sure if this will hold, but at IMDB.com, they're listing the release date as April 1, 2009! This sounds too soon in a way, although I hope it's true, because April's right around the corner. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1258137/

Also, there's an interview online with another of the cast members, actor Gregory Harrison and he has this to say about the film:

"And then I just shot another feature called Give ‘em Hell, Malone with Ving Rhames and Thomas Jane. And the release date is yet to be announced on that."

http://nicegirlstv.com/2009/03/15/intervie...egory-harrison/

Jen

Gregory Harrison is in this? I hadn't heard this before. Wonder what kind of part he plays. This doesn't strike me as his kind of movie. But that's one more reason to see it (they just keep adding up- Thomas, Ving Rhames, noir thriller, et al). I've been in love with Gregory Harrison since he played Dr. "Gonzo" Gates in Trapper John, M.D.. :P

I'm getting really excited for this one!

looking for more cool pics to push on ya. Russel the DP and I just shot the last scene of the film in downtown LA ourselves, no crew, no trailer, no permits, nothing. just a camera a director and a guy in a bad suit. it was AWESOME. i want to shoot a whole film like that. people often comment about something looking 'unpolished' or cheap. i think we've all been spoiled and pussified by expensive studio fodder.

someday someone will make a dirty, gritty film for 2.50 and knock peoples socks off. intensity. realism. creative drive. these are what movies with balls are made of. it's good we're all being lulled to sleep by slick Hollywood fakery and B.S. posturing. me, i'm ready for a damn rude awakening.

God, you are SO right, I couldn't have said it better myself (and that's saying something :lol: ) and I'm so glad you think that way (well, I knew you was a cool guy.... ;) ).

It's true, our brains and eyes are constantly over flooded with glossy, formular Hollywood crap. Alright, I'm not dissing ALL of them, of course, obviously there a many great, big budget films made in Hollywood.

But the real pearls are the indie films and you just gotta thank indie film makers, who dare to do films in a way, which the mainstream audience just wouldn't appreciate - story and looks wise. RAW is the word here. That's why I love films like Junked and At Ground Zero. That's exactly what they are. Well, I COULD go on and on....

Give 'em Hell, Malone is gonna be AWESOME from what I've read and seen, I just really can't wait to see it.

So, Thomas, I can't wait for you to make that wake-up film!!!!! :)

Hi all --

If you're interested there's a longer daily reel up at:

http://www.strimoo.com/video/15596747/Give...lies-Vimeo.html

It's a variation of the other "trailer" that's up at youtube, but it has more footage for you guys to check out. Keep in mind this is not a trailer -- it's a bunch of shots from the dailies cut together for the last AFM.

Gregory Harrison plays Whitmore -- the heavy -- the crime lord who's losing his grip on the city. He's a businessman -- not a bruiser. He leaves the rough stuff to Boulder, Matchstick, and The Mauler.

I saw a rough cut Monday, it was temp everything -- audio, vfx, no color correction yet. They've just started post-audio. IMDB is wrong -- The first screening is going to be at Cannes, the plan is to pick up a domestic distributor there, so the absolute earliest this film would be released, I would guess, is this fall.

However, there are gumblings about a sequel already...

Mark

I hope this film sparks nothing but great stuff for you Mark. It looks like one of the many films I've been waiting my whole life to see. The new footage looks amazing, can't wait to see the finished film :D

I hope this film sparks nothing but great stuff for you Mark. It looks like one of the many films I've been waiting my whole life to see. The new footage looks amazing, can't wait to see the finished film :D

Thanks Weber -- glad you're psyched! Will let you know more as I find it out.

Mark

Mucho thanks for the update. Looks like it's going to be a very quiet movie. (sarcasm)

Sounds like the good kind of grumbling.

Sounds like the good kind of grumbling.

Yeah, hopefully the grumbles are more than just a little indigestion.

Malone's a hard man to kill, harder man to swallow.

Don't read too much into that.

Hi all --

If you're interested there's a longer daily reel up at:

http://www.strimoo.com/video/15596747/Give...lies-Vimeo.html

It's a variation of the other "trailer" that's up at youtube, but it has more footage for you guys to check out. Keep in mind this is not a trailer -- it's a bunch of shots from the dailies cut together for the last AFM.

Mark

New footage is awesome. This stuff looks great.

Been rapping with Russell about opening title sequence, though I'm not sure the director and producers are on the same page ;)

Also doing the promo posters for Cannes. Not what I'd hoped for which was bold and graphic. - Be more of a photo retouch gig.

Bummer. Still, I'll rock 'em.

At some point I'm going to show off the killer poster design that TJ, Mark, Russell, and I, LOVE.

I thought it rather humorous and a bit predictable that the powers that be hated it ;)

- TB

Also doing the promo posters for Cannes. Not what I'd hoped for which was bold and graphic. - Be more of a photo retouch gig.

Bummer. Still, I'll rock 'em.

Nice. Can't wait to see them.

At some point I'm going to show off the killer poster design that TJ, Mark, Russell, and I, LOVE.

I thought it rather humorous and a bit predictable that the powers that be hated it ;)

You've got to show it!

Pleeeeease! :D

Can't wait to see it Tim. I'm glad to see that this film is getting attention and positive feedback. Can't wait to see what Mark has in-store for Malone in the future. Outside of the film realm, RAW comics could use a crime book ;)

Been rapping with Russell about opening title sequence, though I'm not sure the director and producers are on the same page ;)

Russell should do as the director (Michael Wincott) in "What Just Happened":P They went to Cannes as well I think.

The first screening is going to be at Cannes, the plan is to pick up a domestic distributor there, so the absolute earliest this film would be released, I would guess, is this fall.

Mark

That's it, I'm going to Cannes.

A Malone franchise would be killer!! And not to mention, much needed! I wish you the best of luck in future writing.

A Malone franchise would be killer!! And not to mention, much needed! I wish you the best of luck in future writing.

I've got the title for the sequel: "Make 'em Bleed, Malone"

TJ came up with the title for the third: "Kill 'em All, Malone"

I've got the title for the sequel: "Make 'em Bleed, Malone"

TJ came up with the title for the third: "Kill 'em All, Malone"

Lovz it! That's awesome. And the new footage is killer! Can't wait to see this one for sure.

Tim, you've got to show us the poster. You can't tease us like that and not show it! :P

Sizzle is right! I love the new reel. The music fits better somehow - I smell more bacon this time than the cheese. The titles are pretty fun too - 70's bubble yellow. That your work Tim?

So what must happen for us to see the poster?

Swarms of cicadas?

Reavers?

Clowns a la John Wayne Gacy?

Guest AdminGuyX

Well Tim, I'm sure the more graphic poster designs could become great comic book covers.

;)

Love the titles for the follow ups too.

Pretty freaking cool.

I can see the tagline for Kill 'em All, Malone.

"First he gave 'em hell... Then he made 'em bleed.... And now he's gonna Kill 'em, All."

Looks like the new sizzle reel is starting to make the rounds.

Mike, I'm going to have to officially bring you in on the next Shock Festival book.

With mad tag skilz like that you simply MUST be employed!!!

Hosack - love, Love, LOVE those titles. "Make 'Em Bleed, Malone" is my favorite.

Three great titles for sure. Gets me excited just thinking about the possibilities.

Kill 'Em All, Malone is genius too ;)

REALLY? You want me to show off a poster design that studio heads hate?

Heh, take that word with a grain of salt. I'm sure it's not the design they hate . . . It's the concept, the style.

They feel it's too retro which to them means it has limitations in a "selling" market. They don't want to sell this film as noir of any sort.

It's bold and graphic which means it's cool like a mutherfucker.

They want something that will sell to schmucks all over the globe, they need to play it SAFE.

Thus they want Shoot 'Em Up, not Make Em Bleed.

Alas -

Well . . . Here's a look - But I gotta keep it small for now.

Malonepopnoir.jpg

I have the upmost respect for my clients, and I'd rather it was me doing standard marketing concepts for this film than some service bureau with no real feel for the characters and material. Perhaps I can find the perfect compromise. That's my challenge.

xo - TB

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.