_C_

I JUST...

14 minutes ago, Nicole said:

I just.... thought I'd give you all a quick update (if you're interested)! 

The move is afoot! Our dithering bluff has been called by our landlord, who wants to sell our flat, so we've been given until October 30th to get the hell out of Dodge! 😂 We discussed selling our house, and buying another but a) we'd have to ask our friends, who are renting from us, to vacate - that seems mean, b) there really wouldn't be enough time.

Our friends (C & R) are planning to move overseas next year anyway so that C can finish her astrophysics doctorate, and then join the ESA... which being here would be difficult to do. So we'll sell our house when they move out. In the meantime, we're going to rent one.

We're going to stay with K's mum next week - which will be the first time we've seen her for months, of course - and will be viewing properties over the weekend. A couple we were supposed to be looking at have already gone (grr!), which is a big shame because one was literally a 10 minute walk from my MIL. But que sera sera! As much as I'd love to move ASAP (because I am impatient!), we do have three months to find somewhere, and the market changes so rapidly, our perfect home could be just weeks away. 

I feel a bit like Harry and Ron trying to get a date for the Yule ball right now though! 😋 

In other news, my daughter is expecting her second child. Bit of a surprise as she was told it would be unlikely she'd be able to have any more. R is 12 now, so he really is going to be a big big brother! I couldn't be happier for her, although I am slightly nervous because she's had several miscarriages. But once we move, we'll be geographically closer, so at least I can be a bit more available if she needs me. 

So that's me - what have you all been up to? xx

Wow Nicole - you’ve got it all going on at the moment!! I’m exhausted reading it so I can only imagine how you must be feeling!  Good luck with the house finding/moving situation, that can be pretty stressful at the best of times so I hope it all comes together fairly quickly for you.  And huuuuuge congratulations to your daughter, that’s lovely news and really something to look forward to in the confused times we’re all going through. When is she due?  And how does your grandson feel about having a little brother or sister?  I truly hope all goes well for them.  I’m sure all the RAWarriors will join me in sending her very best wishes xx

Nothing much to report from my neck of the woods - work is mental busy but home life is ticking over nicely atm.  Beloved has received notice that he’s being referred to see if he can have a bionic knee fitted - hope so cos it sounds like a bag of gravel recently and is causing quite a bit of pain for him 🙁 And we all know men are the worst patients!  So fingers crossed that’s sooner rather than later but will have to see what with the current state of the NHS 🤷‍♀️

Really good to catch up - how’s everyone else? 😘

On 7/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, Nicole said:

I just.... thought I'd give you all a quick update (if you're interested)! 

The move is afoot! Our dithering bluff has been called by our landlord, who wants to sell our flat, so we've been given until October 30th to get the hell out of Dodge! 😂

I feel a bit like Harry and Ron trying to get a date for the Yule ball right now though! 😋 

Hi Nicole ! Wow it seems someone just pushed you into cold water from the 10m jump board. 3 months is a short period of time but on the other hand (speaking as someone not enjoying to pack/move/unpack)... it'll be quickly over. I have my fingers crossed for you! 

On 7/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, Nicole said:

Our friends (C & R) are planning to move overseas next year anyway so that C can finish her astrophysics doctorate, and then join the ESA...

Excellent idea! Here again crossing my fingers! I have a soft spot for astrophysics since, well, always. Have you seen that 3D map of the universe in the news today?

On 7/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, Gail said:

When is she due?  And how does your grandson feel about having a little brother or sister?  I truly hope all goes well for them.  I’m sure all the RAWarriors will join me in sending her very best wishes xx

Absolutely I join you! Babies and weddings are the best.

@Nicole Blimey a lot going on as the others said. Hope you find somewhere good.  I had my second when my oldest was 12, seemed good at the time but now they're always at each other's throats. I think having the older one around all day doesn't help too much. Best wishes for your daughter though and hope it all goes smoothly, definitely more worrying if there's been complications before. 

Still no word from my son's place of work of when he can go back, which now has my Mum saying stuff like well he hopes they do take him back and what if they don't - as if we've not got enough to worry about. Kinda get fed up with her putting our stressful thoughts into words. 

Good news is our Butlins Holiday is going ahead, (This is an entertainment resort near the seaside with small apartments, rooms, etc - for our USA friends), 17th August for 5 days. We thought we weren't going to be able to go and was going to cancel it to save money but decided we really need the break now and want to get away for a few days, even if we don't go to all the entertainment. Be nice just to see other places and get fed without worrying about the washing up etc.