_C_

I JUST...

........was asked to pass on a message to you all from TJ so here it is:

Please tell everyone on the boards I’m thinking about them, stay safe, and most of all, stay informed!

I did, rather cheekily maybe, suggest that he might pop his head round the door of the RAW bar but not sure if that'll happen.  Fingers crossed anyway! 🤞

28 minutes ago, Gail said:

I did, rather cheekily maybe, suggest that he might pop his head round the door of the RAW bar but not sure if that'll happen.  Fingers crossed anyway! 🤞

Thanks for transmitting and also for asking! This would be great obviously. 

Well it doesn’t hurt to ask! 😉

Glad to see everyone posting. Stay safe please! ❤🙏

You too Geoff x

On 4/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, Al. said:

I've slowly begun to smell and taste again these last 3 days yeah ^^ It's a bit like having a cold, but without nasal congestion or breathing difficulties, which is very strange.

Eeeps, that's one of the known symptoms that some have been having :( Hoping you don't get more than the mild version. 

Thank you everyone for the kind words xx

...wanted to see how everyone's doing now, considering everything that's happening in this world, which has gotten scarier & more divided.

Hope all of you are doing well & staying safe. 🤗 💕

Hey Rosella! 👋👋 How ya doin’?

Missed you round here, hope you and yours are all doing okay 🤞

8 minutes ago, Gail said:

Hey Rosella! 👋👋 How ya doin’?

Missed you round here, hope you and yours are all doing okay 🤞

Hey, Gail!! 👋 We're all doing well, thank you for asking. Just been staying busy with hitRECord projects/duties. But I've missed you & the rest of my RAW family so much (even though I've been able to keep up with some of you lovely folks on IG, which has been nice). 😊

How are things in your world? Are you still under any strict lockdown or quarantine? Non-essential businesses & restaurants are slowly opening around me, but they still encourage mask-wearing & social-distancing when people gather in groups. 

Funny you should ask - I’ve been rattling round the house for the last ten weeks, only going out for food shopping, but had the call today to go back to work on Monday 😁😁😁 As much as I’ve loved spending time with Beloved, I think it’s probably good that we get a bit of space now!  Things are starting to open up over here, but nowhere near being even close to back to normal yet - no restaurants or bars or hairdressers etc, and I am desperate for a haircut!!!!  Ah well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things that’s not too bad though 🤷‍♀️
Stay safe Rosella, and don’t leave it so long next time!! 😉

4 hours ago, Gail said:

had the call today to go back to work on Monday 😁

👍🏻

4 hours ago, Gail said:

I am desperate for a haircut!

So am I...

4 hours ago, Gail said:

So true! Love it when you're passing by.

8 hours ago, Gail said:

Funny you should ask - I’ve been rattling round the house for the last ten weeks, only going out for food shopping, but had the call today to go back to work on Monday 😁😁😁 As much as I’ve loved spending time with Beloved, I think it’s probably good that we get a bit of space now!  Things are starting to open up over here, but nowhere near being even close to back to normal yet - no restaurants or bars or hairdressers etc, and I am desperate for a haircut!!!!  Ah well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things that’s not too bad though 🤷‍♀️

Wow! That was good timing. 😄 Then enjoy your first real weekend in awhile. Hope getting back into the swing of things goes smoothly. 

I also hope you'll be able to get a haircut soon. ✂️ At least the RAW Bar is always open. 😉 

Thank you so much!! 😊❤️ & don't worry. I'll definitely be spending more time on here, checking in as often as I can. 

Stay safe! 

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

So true! Love it when you're passing by.

Why thank you, Ariane! I appreciate that. 😊 Don't worry. I'll definitely spend more time on here, checking in as often as I can. Love this place & all of you who keep it so lively! 💖💖

My son's had the call to go back in on Monday too, not sure for how many hours a day though as they have to have less staff on site than normal. Looking forward to getting him out the house so I can do some work myself. Been hard concentrating on anything when he's coming in every 20 mins or so to ask/say something, worse than the younger one who at least just stays playing on the PS4 most the time or watching something. 

Good to hear things are going well with you all too. ❤️

2 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

My son's had the call to go back in on Monday too, not sure for how many hours a day though as they have to have less staff on site than normal. Looking forward to getting him out the house so I can do some work myself. Been hard concentrating on anything when he's coming in every 20 mins or so to ask/say something, worse than the younger one who at least just stays playing on the PS4 most the time or watching something. 

Good to hear things are going well with you all too. ❤️

That's great news! I'm sure he wants to go back, too. 😀 Hope things aren't too stressful at work for him, as they're still maintaining social distancing & other health protocols. 

I'm melting... anyone else in the UK dealing with this crazy heat atm? I like hot days sure but this is far hotter than we're used to and with no air conditioning. :(  Managed to take younger son to the park on Tuesday and had a lovely icecream but was knackered when I got home, been far too long since we last went for a walk that far so a bit of practice. 

16 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

with no air conditioning. :(

Well think of that as a good thing! If we all had air conditioning the temperature increase would be faster...

A self-fulfilling prophecy...

1 hour ago, CJ Mitchell said:

I'm melting... anyone else in the UK dealing with this crazy heat atm? I like hot days sure but this is far hotter than we're used to and with no air conditioning. :(  Managed to take younger son to the park on Tuesday and had a lovely icecream but was knackered when I got home, been far too long since we last went for a walk that far so a bit of practice. 

I don't find it that hot, TBH... but I'm used to 36°C+, so anything in the 20s is just warm! I do have a fan on at night though, the window open, and just an empty duvet cover... but I do that in the winter, too because for some reason, I overheat at night. 😋  

My only complaint at the moment is that I've had a raging air pressure headache for the past couple of days. Really could do with a storm to get rid of it! On the other hand, if this weather keeps up, it might warm enough to go swimming in the sea at the weekend. 

Swings and roundabouts kid, that's where they get you!

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Well think of that as a good thing! If we all had air conditioning the temperature increase would be faster...

A self-fulfilling prophecy...

In that case, I'm rushing out now to buy an aircon unit! 🤣

4 hours ago, Nicole said:

I don't find it that hot, TBH... but I'm used to 36°C+, so anything in the 20s is just warm! I do have a fan on at night though, the window open, and just an empty duvet cover... but I do that in the winter, too because for some reason, I overheat at night. 😋  

My only complaint at the moment is that I've had a raging air pressure headache for the past couple of days. Really could do with a storm to get rid of it! On the other hand, if this weather keeps up, it might warm enough to go swimming in the sea at the weekend. 

Swings and roundabouts kid, that's where they get you!

I wish it was just in the 20s but its 31 here atm 🤣  Need to get used to this weather for our hopeful Florida weather next year.   

Oh we got storms a plenty coming, apparently going to be one most of Friday.

@Enaira  yeah you're right it would contribute to that... its just when I hear about my friend in Arizona with his air-conditioning it makes me a bit jealous :) 

1 hour ago, CJ Mitchell said:

I wish it was just in the 20s but its 31 here atm 🤣  Need to get used to this weather for our hopeful Florida weather next year.   

Oh we got storms a plenty coming, apparently going to be one most of Friday.

Where are you, CJ? A bit further south than me, I suspect! Here in Margate, it's got to 26, so really not that hot at all. Do you a swap if you like! Hope you can cool off soon.

I've had thunder storm alerts on my phone since yesterday morning, and still nothing... right now my head feels as though something is trying to burst forth! 

32 minutes ago, Nicole said:

right now my head feels as though something is trying to burst forth! 

An alien bursting out of one's head is even more disturbing than from one's belly. Especially if you're wearing a helmet... 🤯

Sorry to hear about your pain, I'm just compelled to make silly jokes no matter what...

6 hours ago, Nicole said:

Where are you, CJ? A bit further south than me, I suspect! Here in Margate, it's got to 26, so really not that hot at all. Do you a swap if you like! Hope you can cool off soon.

I've had thunder storm alerts on my phone since yesterday morning, and still nothing... right now my head feels as though something is trying to burst forth! 

I'm between Birmingham and Bristol on the border of Wales, it reached 31 today

Sorry to hear about your head, be sure to drink plenty of water and such. Hope you feel better soon. 

Alexa was telling me thunderstorms were due at 12am but now changed to 6am, guess the wind direction changed. 

17 hours ago, Enaira said:

An alien bursting out of one's head is even more disturbing than from one's belly. Especially if you're wearing a helmet... 🤯

Sorry to hear about your pain, I'm just compelled to make silly jokes no matter what...

Jokes are always welcome Ariane - and very much appreciated. Merci! ♥️

12 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

I'm between Birmingham and Bristol on the border of Wales, it reached 31 today

Sorry to hear about your head, be sure to drink plenty of water and such. Hope you feel better soon. 

Alexa was telling me thunderstorms were due at 12am but now changed to 6am, guess the wind direction changed. 

Aah, the complete opposite of the country to me! I'm in the front line for the Beast from the East! Ha ha! Are you feeling any cooler today? Hope so. 

We finally got a thunderstorm this morning, around 7-ish, and it was glorious! Torrential rain, really loud thunderclaps. A storm worth having. Unfortunately, it only lasted for about 30 minutes. Still, it was enough for my head to now be fine. Huzzah! Have you had a storm yet?

I just.... thought I'd give you all a quick update (if you're interested)! 

The move is afoot! Our dithering bluff has been called by our landlord, who wants to sell our flat, so we've been given until October 30th to get the hell out of Dodge! 😂 We discussed selling our house, and buying another but a) we'd have to ask our friends, who are renting from us, to vacate - that seems mean, b) there really wouldn't be enough time.

Our friends (C & R) are planning to move overseas next year anyway so that C can finish her astrophysics doctorate, and then join the ESA... which being here would be difficult to do. So we'll sell our house when they move out. In the meantime, we're going to rent one.

We're going to stay with K's mum next week - which will be the first time we've seen her for months, of course - and will be viewing properties over the weekend. A couple we were supposed to be looking at have already gone (grr!), which is a big shame because one was literally a 10 minute walk from my MIL. But que sera sera! As much as I'd love to move ASAP (because I am impatient!), we do have three months to find somewhere, and the market changes so rapidly, our perfect home could be just weeks away. 

I feel a bit like Harry and Ron trying to get a date for the Yule ball right now though! 😋 

In other news, my daughter is expecting her second child. Bit of a surprise as she was told it would be unlikely she'd be able to have any more. R is 12 now, so he really is going to be a big big brother! I couldn't be happier for her, although I am slightly nervous because she's had several miscarriages. But once we move, we'll be geographically closer, so at least I can be a bit more available if she needs me. 

So that's me - what have you all been up to? xx