Jump to content
_C_

I JUST...

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Eeeeeee! Congratulations, Gail! 🥂 ❤️

Thanks!  Chin-chin!! 🥂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bravo chère Gail!! I remember only maybe 1 or 2 days where you didn't enlighten this forum (and my day) with your witty comments so that's amazing! Happy birthday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pleasure is all mine Ariane!! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers CJ!! 🥂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... was wondering how you're doing @Nicole? It seems you chose a wise time to switch from catering to digital expertise. You can work from home and are less subject to cancellations, right? I also recall you mentioning a move in the spring. I'm crossing my fingers that being confined currently helps you to prepare the move. Same for you @Geoff ... it must be challenging to run a company right now. My thoughts are with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....wanted to say that I hope all of you in RAW world are keeping well in the midst of the current problems.  I hope that you and your loved ones are all healthy and keeping yourselves safe wherever you are and whatever you're doing - this little family is very special to me so sending you all lots of love and hope we all come out the other side safely.  xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are okay here. I count myself as one of the lucky ones. We're pretty much indoor types anyway, we're able to amuse ourselves. My son still has his job at the moment so all is good there, they've employed different strategies but so far they've not had to close. I've been home-educating my youngest since mid-Feb so we were ahead of the curve of schools needing to close, although I'm sure they'd have tried to keep me making him go because he has a SEND.  We've a great local shop run by a lovely couple who look after the older people in our community so we're good for basics. Its times like this you learn how lucky you are, even if you don't have a lot it can still be much more than others. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you are all ok and safe. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

We're all at home with my family. I can do some work from here, and I guess I now have time to watch thoses movies/read those books I kept for such a long time... Thanks to Renegade IG for the film suggestions BTW 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are all positive answers so far, I'm happy to know you're ok! And we're helping everyone by staying at home. Patience is a virtue.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Al. said:

Hope you are all ok and safe. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

We're all at home with my family. I can do some work from here, and I guess I now have time to watch thoses movies/read those books I kept for such a long time... Thanks to Renegade IG for the film suggestions BTW 🙂

More to come on the recommends posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Geoff said:

More to come on the recommends posts. 

🥳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the suggestions too, seen a few of them recently though. Any recommendations for family movies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, depends on the age of the kids/young adults. I can highly recommend the cartoon "Long way north" (2015) In 1882, a young Russian aristocrat goes on an epic adventure to find out what happened to her grandfather and save her family's reputation.

I saw it just a few weeks ago and it's captivating for young and somewhat older people 😊

MV5BNjZmNDU3NTctMTliNC00ZDBhLTkzNWItYjFkMjA3MWIzNzNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTAyMzY3NjUwNjZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDcxMzUyODcx._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,743_AL_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh not seen that one.  Thankyou, I will look that up. I love traveling animations like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....wondered how you’re all doing with the various lockdowns?  I’m on my second day at home, potentially going to be here for the next eight (or maybe twelve) weeks.  Think I’m gonna be climbing the walls by then ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, we're ending our second week of full containment. The kids are OK, we're doing school work in the morning and we play in the afternoon. Both are very patient. I'm paying attention to have a different rhythm during the week and during the weekend. Last week we both worked 50%, which was really challenging: we had a permanent guilty conscience of either being non reachable for colleagues and not being fully there for the kids. Since Monday I'm on technical leave, working only a few hours in the evening. It makes things much easier... I see us as very fortunate: we have a flat (large enough) to spend the at least 5 weeks without problems. We have enough food (everything is normal out there), a roof, enough games and enough to read. I am really hoping that all of us will come out of this ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear Ariane - it must be more difficult with children around, since they might not really understand why they're not being allowed to do the things they would normally do.  Fortunately we're not really a 'going out' couple so not being able to socialise is no real hardship but I've never not gone to work for more than a couple of weeks and I'm already finding the lack of routine a bit disconcerting.  Trying not to do all those little jobs straight away (you know, the ones you mean to tackle when you have a bit of spare time) - they might have to keep me occupied for a while yet!  Keep safe RAW family, and keep posting.  x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in on the RAW family, hoping all of you are okay. My youngest son finally got to go to his Dad's today after two weeks of not being able to see him as his Dad was ill; finally recovered. But sadly this week my pub family lost a local. When I was working behind the bar there a couple of years ago he made me a beautiful birthday present after barely knowing me for a week so I've something to remember him by. They say things don't really hit you till they get you close to home...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am saddened to read that CJ. I really understand what you mean about strangers leaving their imprint. It's important to remember, he's not just a number on the list. It's good to know your close ones are ok though. Take care! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry for your loss CJ - at least you have something nice to remember him by, although I know that won't help much at the moment.

My thoughts are with anybody who's going through tough times, whether virus related or not, or if you're separated from vulnerable loved ones which is a worry at the best of times.  Stay strong RAW family, stay safe, and I know we're all here to support each other whatever happens. xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry for your loss CJ 😔 I hope you're all doing ok here, and that you can take care of your family and yourself.

Was sick these last 2 weeks. No serious symptoms fortunately, but it was still quiet stressfull to be honest. I had to isolate myself from my family, was feeling pretty tired all the time, and lost my senses of smell and taste during 14 days. I'm getting better and back to normal now, but it was a very strange experience.

Sending you all lots of love, and I hope you have some books, movies, games to help you during these weeks at home 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Al. said:

Was sick these last 2 weeks. No serious symptoms fortunately, but it was still quiet stressfull to be honest. I had to isolate myself from my family, was feeling pretty tired all the time, and lost my senses of smell and taste during 14 days. I'm getting better and back to normal now, but it was a very strange experience.

Oh no Al. !! I'm relieved to hear you're better now. What about smell and taste, does it come back? I read about these symptoms but could never really imagine how that would be. Wow, so glad you're back!

You know that's not what I meant by "forum is quiet" and "until the next breaking news"... right? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Al. said:

So sorry for your loss CJ 😔 I hope you're all doing ok here, and that you can take care of your family and yourself.

Was sick these last 2 weeks. No serious symptoms fortunately, but it was still quiet stressfull to be honest. I had to isolate myself from my family, was feeling pretty tired all the time, and lost my senses of smell and taste during 14 days. I'm getting better and back to normal now, but it was a very strange experience.

Sending you all lots of love, and I hope you have some books, movies, games to help you during these weeks at home 💕

Oh my God AI. - I really hope you're well on the way to full recovery now, sending you loads of love 💕 

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

You know that's not what I meant by "forum is quiet" and "until the next breaking news"... right? 😁

Yeah, I think that's really taking it too far! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Enaira said:

Oh no Al. !! I'm relieved to hear you're better now. What about smell and taste, does it come back? I read about these symptoms but could never really imagine how that would be. Wow, so glad you're back!

I've slowly begun to smell and taste again these last 3 days yeah ^^ It's a bit like having a cold, but without nasal congestion or breathing difficulties, which is very strange.

17 hours ago, Enaira said:

You know that's not what I meant by "forum is quiet" and "until the next breaking news"... right? 😁

Ahaha, yes I imagine 😅🤣 But I'm glad to be back here among my RAW family 😉

15 hours ago, Gail said:

Oh my God AI. - I really hope you're well on the way to full recovery now, sending you loads of love 💕

Thank you Gail 💕 Everything seems fine now ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...