Jump to content
_C_

I JUST...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Dont worry about me honestly lol!!!! - Its just that sometimes my hands are tied. 

Yeah, my ‘sensible grownup’ head knows that but I think my ‘TJ fan’ head is tad too demanding sometimes - I’ve given it a bit of a talking to so I think it’ll settle down for a bit now! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 7:38 AM, Gail said:

Yeah, my ‘sensible grownup’ head knows that but I think my ‘TJ fan’ head is tad too demanding sometimes - I’ve given it a bit of a talking to so I think it’ll settle down for a bit now! 😁

Did you do the waggy finger thing, Gail? 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just...

Finished videoing a recipe for my blog - it's blurry AF. 😡 Not sure I have the mental capacity to re-do it. At least not just yet. Plus, there's only so much food I can eat! 

Ho hum. 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Did you do the waggy finger thing, Gail? 😋

I certainly did!  'TJ fan' head was suitably chastened 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gail said:

I certainly did!  'TJ fan' head was suitably chastened 😄

🤣 🤣 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.......Noticed you've joined me in the Death Spider Pupa stage Ariane - congratulations!!  It's not so bad (despite what The Goktor said!), welcome - it's nice to have some company here!!  👏👏👏 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🙄

Now you may tickle me to death...

Or until the next metamorphosis level... but then you'll see what powers I have reached, mhwahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Enaira said:

🙄

Now you may tickle me to death...

I would but I can't get my hands out of this damned pupa case!!! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yes, it is really difficult to type like this! 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gail said:

I would but I can't get my hands out of this damned pupa case!!! 😁

🤣 damn right so!

We're both stuuuuuck here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, The Goktor said:

Image result for quite right too

My favorite Doctor! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, Rosella said:

My favorite Doctor! 😁

Tennant was such a brilliant Doctor, wasn't he? I really didn't think he could be topped... and then Matt Smith happened! It was just a shame that Smith fell victim to Steven Moffat's awful tenure. Tennant had some of the best-ever episodes though; Blink, Girl in the Fireplace, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Midnight. And the best companion - Donna!

I really liked Ecclestone too. I wanted to like Capaldi, as he's such a cool guy and fantastic actor, but with the exception of one or two episodes, his run was utterly terrible, IMO.

Jodie Whittaker is another fantastic actor but I couldn't even get through her series. It was truly appalling, and I loathe all the self-conscious box-ticking going on. I also really dislike that she has to have an entire team around her. Why? Because she's female, and therefore not capable of sorting shit out by herself? Because she's female, and therefore the showrunners wanted to deflect from her gender because they had made an unpopular decision? Because she's female, and therefore needs to have a 'family'? It would have been far better, IMO, to have made her a sole traveller for her series. And to get some good writers on board. And to stop trying so hard to be so.... kooky. 

Or maybe I just have to accept that after being a lifelong Whovian, I may have outgrown it! (Although I still hugely enjoy re-watching 9, 10, & 11.)

Still love Torchwood - apart from that dreadful American series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Tennant was such a brilliant Doctor, wasn't he? I really didn't think he could be topped... and then Matt Smith happened! It was just a shame that Smith fell victim to Steven Moffat's awful tenure. Tennant had some of the best-ever episodes though; Blink, Girl in the Fireplace, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Midnight. And the best companion - Donna!

I really liked Ecclestone too. I wanted to like Capaldi, as he's such a cool guy and fantastic actor, but with the exception of one or two episodes, his run was utterly terrible, IMO.

Jodie Whittaker is another fantastic actor but I couldn't even get through her series. It was truly appalling, and I loathe all the self-conscious box-ticking going on. I also really dislike that she has to have an entire team around her. Why? Because she's female, and therefore not capable of sorting shit out by herself? Because she's female, and therefore the showrunners wanted to deflect from her gender because they had made an unpopular decision? Because she's female, and therefore needs to have a 'family'? It would have been far better, IMO, to have made her a sole traveller for her series. And to get some good writers on board. And to stop trying so hard to be so.... kooky. 

Or maybe I just have to accept that after being a lifelong Whovian, I may have outgrown it! (Although I still hugely enjoy re-watching 9, 10, & 11.)

Still love Torchwood - apart from that dreadful American series!

I haven't seen Matt Smith & have only watched a few of Eccleston. I really enjoyed Capaldi's take on it, though I know he's not considered a fave by a lot of people. I don't know. I just liked his approach to the character/his attitude. HaHa! Oh, I adore Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor. I didn't think I would, though. But she grew on me quickly. & the fact that she has 'friends' around her doesn't bother me. They do make a great team. I'm just glad they didn't pair her with some guy who's gonna fall in love with her. That would've been an 🙄 premise. The energy/enthusiasm of her Doctor reminds me so much of Tennant's.  

Maybe the next Doctor will win you over. 

I haven't seen Torchwood. I'm behind. 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rosella said:

I haven't seen Matt Smith & have only watched a few of Eccleston. I really enjoyed Capaldi's take on it, though I know he's not considered a fave by a lot of people. I don't know. I just liked his approach to the character/his attitude. HaHa! Oh, I adore Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor. I didn't think I would, though. But she grew on me quickly. & the fact that she has 'friends' around her doesn't bother me. They do make a great team. I'm just glad they didn't pair her with some guy who's gonna fall in love with her. That would've been an 🙄 premise. The energy/enthusiasm of her Doctor reminds me so much of Tennant's.  

Maybe the next Doctor will win you over. 

I haven't seen Torchwood. I'm behind. 😋

Oh, I agree about not having the love interest! It worked well for Tennant and Piper but it was so disappointing when they did it again with Freema. Just, why?! I loved that with Donna, the point was made right from the start that it wasn't going to happen! 

If you do watch Smith's series, do bear in mind that his first is largely rubbish. But he is brilliant, and reminds me so much of Patrick Troughton's Doctor. Troughton was my first Doctor... they say you never forget your first! Ha ha! Smith really comes into his own toward the end of his stint. 

I liked Capaldi's Doctor. A lot. I just really didn't like most of the stories he was given. The Robin Hood one was excruciating! LOL! Flatline was good though.

Whittaker's enthusiasm feels to me, too forced, whereas with Tennant, it was completely natural. It feels as though the directors and writers were just trying too hard to recreate that off the wall aspect, and as a result, it seems (to me, anyway) completely fake. But... that could be entirely down to the fact that I've mostly watched her in serious roles! I suspect also, that I feel disappointed because in the past, female characters have largely been done really well (let's just gloss over Christina de Souza!), whereas practically everything about Whittaker's Doctor just seems so weak. But hey, horses for courses - it wouldn't do for us all to have the same taste, would it?! 

Torchwood is far more adult-themed, and centres around a female cop - Gwen (pretty much an arsehole!) who stumbles across a covert team of alien specialists, led by Capt. Jack Harness (yay!). Burn Gorman (Murtry in Expanse S4) is in it, also playing an arsehole! Some of the stories are a bit naff but on the whole, they are really good. The mini-series, Children of Men, was epic! If you get around to watching it, though, do yourself a favour, and stop after Children of Men. Don't watch Miracle Day (it was on Starz - that should be off-putting enough, ha ha!)... if you do, you may regret it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Oh, I agree about not having the love interest! It worked well for Tennant and Piper but it was so disappointing when they did it again with Freema. Just, why?! I loved that with Donna, the point was made right from the start that it wasn't going to happen! 

If you do watch Smith's series, do bear in mind that his first is largely rubbish. But he is brilliant, and reminds me so much of Patrick Troughton's Doctor. Troughton was my first Doctor... they say you never forget your first! Ha ha! Smith really comes into his own toward the end of his stint. 

I liked Capaldi's Doctor. A lot. I just really didn't like most of the stories he was given. The Robin Hood one was excruciating! LOL! Flatline was good though.

Whittaker's enthusiasm feels to me, too forced, whereas with Tennant, it was completely natural. It feels as though the directors and writers were just trying too hard to recreate that off the wall aspect, and as a result, it seems (to me, anyway) completely fake. But... that could be entirely down to the fact that I've mostly watched her in serious roles! I suspect also, that I feel disappointed because in the past, female characters have largely been done really well (let's just gloss over Christina de Souza!), whereas practically everything about Whittaker's Doctor just seems so weak. But hey, horses for courses - it wouldn't do for us all to have the same taste, would it?! 

Torchwood is far more adult-themed, and centres around a female cop - Gwen (pretty much an arsehole!) who stumbles across a covert team of alien specialists, led by Capt. Jack Harness (yay!). Burn Gorman (Murtry in Expanse S4) is in it, also playing an arsehole! Some of the stories are a bit naff but on the whole, they are really good. The mini-series, Children of Men, was epic! If you get around to watching it, though, do yourself a favour, and stop after Children of Men. Don't watch Miracle Day (it was on Starz - that should be off-putting enough, ha ha!)... if you do, you may regret it!

Yes, Donna was a fun addition to the series. 

I might check out Smith, though the fact that the material wasn't done well doesn't make me want to rush to see it anytime soon. My first was Tennant, so maybe that's why I compare the others to him. 

HaHa! Yes, not all of the stories for Capaldi were that great, but I still enjoyed seeing him. "Flatline" is a great one. 

I can see why you would think it was forced. One of my uncles has always loved watching DOCTOR WHO, but he finds the 13th Doctor over-the-top & annoying, just like you do. This is my first time experiencing Jodie Whittaker, so I don't have her serious roles as a comparison. Don't worry. I'm not going to make you watch any more episodes of hers. 

Capt. Jack would be my reason to see it! 😁 I had heard a lot of praise for CHILDREN OF MEN. I hadn't heard too much of anything for MIRACLE DAY, so maybe fans are pretending it didn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I promised Gail that Eccleston would be my first doctor and it will! Eventually...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enaira said:

I promised Gail that Eccleston would be my first doctor and it will! Eventually...

Ooh - that's a whole lotta pressure Ariane!  But yes, he is my favourite Doctor and in particular The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances double episode, left me with a big daft grin on my face ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gail said:

Ooh - that's a whole lotta pressure Ariane!  But yes, he is my favourite Doctor and in particular The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances double episode, left me with a big daft grin on my face ☺️

Are you my mummy? 

Brilliant pair of eps! Ecclestone was great - 'tis a shame he didn't stick around. 

Image result for lots of planets have a north

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Are you my mummy? 

Brilliant pair of eps! Ecclestone was great - 'tis a shame he didn't stick around. 

Image result for lots of planets have a north

Exactly, and it's throwaway lines like this one that endeared him to me - his series (damned shame it wasn't more than one) was just a bit more fun.  Don't get me wrong, there were some absolute stinker episodes but overall I really enjoyed them, especially the more spooky ones like the two mentioned above, and The Unquiet Dead with Simon Callow as Charles Dickens.

i even forgive him for being from the 'wrong side' of The Pennines (old rivalry, will never rest! 🙂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Tennant was such a brilliant Doctor, wasn't he? I really didn't think he could be topped... and then Matt Smith happened! It was just a shame that Smith fell victim to Steven Moffat's awful tenure. Tennant had some of the best-ever episodes though; Blink, Girl in the Fireplace, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Midnight. And the best companion - Donna!

I really liked Ecclestone too. I wanted to like Capaldi, as he's such a cool guy and fantastic actor, but with the exception of one or two episodes, his run was utterly terrible, IMO.

Jodie Whittaker is another fantastic actor but I couldn't even get through her series. It was truly appalling, and I loathe all the self-conscious box-ticking going on. I also really dislike that she has to have an entire team around her. Why? Because she's female, and therefore not capable of sorting shit out by herself? Because she's female, and therefore the showrunners wanted to deflect from her gender because they had made an unpopular decision? Because she's female, and therefore needs to have a 'family'? It would have been far better, IMO, to have made her a sole traveller for her series. And to get some good writers on board. And to stop trying so hard to be so.... kooky. 

Or maybe I just have to accept that after being a lifelong Whovian, I may have outgrown it! (Although I still hugely enjoy re-watching 9, 10, & 11.)

Still love Torchwood - apart from that dreadful American series!

Pretty much with you all the way here - just couldn't like Jodie Whitaker as hard as I tried.  Everything seemed too......erm....what phrase am I looking for here......?  Probably 'PC' is the nearest I can get, never wanted a female Doctor, didn't see the point, if it ain't broke then don't fix it.  Didn't even like Bradley Walsh in it and I love him!  And she brandished that bloody sonic screwdriver more than a whole Harry Potter film's worth of wand-waving!  

Sorry, I've gone off on a bit of a rant now - will go away and calm myself down a bit.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...