_C_

I JUST...

...want to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! :D

That way, if you're unattached & no one sends you a valentine, you can at least be comforted by the fact that at least one someone wished you happiness & love on this V day.

And isn't that less sad than no one saying it (or more sad...I can't decide)?

...want to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! :D

That way, if you're unattached & no one sends you a valentine, you can at least be comforted by the fact that at least one someone wished you happiness & love on this V day.

And isn't that less sad than no one saying it (or more sad...I can't decide)?

Same to you. Am sitting here typing and eating a chocolate covered strawberry. That a friend of mine gave me. :D :D

Same to you. Am sitting here typing and eating a chocolate covered strawberry. That a friend of mine gave me. :D :D

Thank you, Joyce! :) That sounds like a pretty sweet way of having spent V day.

Thank you, Joyce! :) That sounds like a pretty sweet way of having spent V day.

That was but the strawberry was the size of a golf ball and covered in chocolate from Malleys chocolate and I had to share it with my friend thats because he said I had to. B)

I am just really worried about my son. He got laid off from his government type job forever the government couldn't afford to fund his type of job he was doing and he seems really down because he doesn't think he can find another job. And I think he is right at least in this state he isn't. It just upsets me cuz he got a good college education and he can't even find a decent job. Thank you stupid government. :( :angry:

Joyce, that's really tough and I can appreciate what your son is going through. I work for the Federal Government and if I lost my job here, it would cause me to start over again. I don't have any college level education and was lucky enough to be in a position to create a job as a contractor and got converted to government.

I'm sure your son's challenges have nothing to do with is abilities and more to do with the incredible let down of a job disappearing regardless of how effective he had been at it. Hopefully he will be able to remain positive enough to make a transition, even if he needs to take a temporary step back. He just needs some professional success at this point to return to that capable positive feeling.

Mike

Joyce, that's really tough and I can appreciate what your son is going through. I work for the Federal Government and if I lost my job here, it would cause me to start over again. I don't have any college level education and was lucky enough to be in a position to create a job as a contractor and got converted to government.

I'm sure your son's challenges have nothing to do with is abilities and more to do with the incredible let down of a job disappearing regardless of how effective he had been at it. Hopefully he will be able to remain positive enough to make a transition, even if he needs to take a temporary step back. He just needs some professional success at this point to return to that capable positive feeling.

Mike

That made me feel better. He told me yesterday that he has 2 job interviews next week.

That made me feel better. He told me yesterday that he has 2 job interviews next week.

That's GREAT news!!!

I just hate it when you have a mouth full of food and someone makes a comment that makes you spit your food out of your mouth. I never realized apple sauce could go that far. :D :lol:

I just passed 50lbs for weight lost since the beginning of the year... 80 more to meet goal.

I just passed 50lbs for weight lost since the beginning of the year... 80 more to meet goal.

Congrats, Mike! Keep it up! Or shall I say keep it down? ^_^

Nice, Mike! Weight loss can be a pain in the ass trying to reach a goal, but well worth it. It also never hurts to have people cheer you on. Best wishes on the last 80.

Guest AdminGuyX

I struggle with my weight. It was a long cold winter around here and I just let myself go. Now that it's warmer though, I'm getting back into the groove.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone...it's been awhile. if I missed a birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (you know who you are). had a real shit late spring! (the reason why I have not been on) here goes...found out my cat (Sadie) had a tumor in her lungs. afew days after that went to my doctor for one reason...which became a month long cancer scare. turned out to be fine :) I had a small hernia in my groin area for about a year...never bothered me doctor wasn't worried about it...til my check up. turns out the hole in my abdominal wall was about 3 1/2 inches wide holding on by a thread...with my lower intestine hanging out about 2 1/2 inches. Sadie past ( R.I.P baby). had my surgery last week....never thought it could hurt so much! so 3 weeks off and can't lift a finger...hope it's a better summer! take care everyone ;)

Sinn!

I am sorry to hear about your sweet cat, RIP, and your health scare! Yikes!

It is shocking but seems not uncommon that we can walk around feeling okay and unbothered, then suddenly it's "oh we have big problem here!"

Glad it was caught and corrected in time. Feel better soon! :)

I just wanted to say hi to everyone...it's been awhile. if I missed a birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (you know who you are). had a real shit late spring! (the reason why I have not been on) here goes...found out my cat (Sadie) had a tumor in her lungs. afew days after that went to my doctor for one reason...which became a month long cancer scare. turned out to be fine :) I had a small hernia in my groin area for about a year...never bothered me doctor wasn't worried about it...til my check up. turns out the hole in my abdominal wall was about 3 1/2 inches wide holding on by a thread...with my lower intestine hanging out about 2 1/2 inches. Sadie past ( R.I.P baby). had my surgery last week....never thought it could hurt so much! so 3 weeks off and can't lift a finger...hope it's a better summer! take care everyone ;)

So sorry about your kitty. And I hope you feel better. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh my, sinn! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat Sadie; that just broke my heart.... :(

I'm glad you're okay and that it was only a cancer scare, but I can't even imagine the panic days you must've went through before you found out what was really the problem. Wishing you a speedy recovery, sinn! And let's all hope good things follow and that the bad is in the past. :)

HELLO RAW!

Sorry to hear about your health issue there Sinn. I have a friend going through almost the same thing right now but it wasn't as bad. He's bouncing right back after the surgery. Hoping all's well in your camp. I was in a car accident a few months back but all's well, nothing two months of physical therapy and some well placed painkillers couldn't fix.

Earlier in the year it was a dirtbike wreak, now the car, I may just take up hiking and walking.

Anyway, my book Martin Chase : Human Weapon is FINALLY getting printed this month and we will be selling them and prints of the Paul Gulacy cover at the Boston Comic Con next month where, there's a rumor Mr. Tim Bradstreet may be appearing. My fingers are crossed...

Please check out my LIGHT SPEED SPIRIT facebook page for all my comic writing info. I have four other books in the works (only 1 mentioned on the page though).

HELLO RAW!

Sorry to hear about your health issue there Sinn. I have a friend going through almost the same thing right now but it wasn't as bad. He's bouncing right back after the surgery. Hoping all's well in your camp. I was in a car accident a few months back but all's well, nothing two months of physical therapy and some well placed painkillers couldn't fix.

Earlier in the year it was a dirtbike wreak, now the car, I may just take up hiking and walking.

Anyway, my book Martin Chase : Human Weapon is FINALLY getting printed this month and we will be selling them and prints of the Paul Gulacy cover at the Boston Comic Con next month where, there's a rumor Mr. Tim Bradstreet may be appearing. My fingers are crossed...

Please check out my LIGHT SPEED SPIRIT facebook page for all my comic writing info. I have four other books in the works (only 1 mentioned on the page though).

Well, that's great news, Esco! Not about the car accident....about your book getting printed. And it'd be awesome if you could go personally hand one to Tim. *crossing my fingers for ya*

Very cool, Esco. I'll have to check it out.

THANK YOU Dude! Check it out, like the page! Please!

We're half way through another book we're calling the Keyholders. Political treasure hunt action type of story. Heavy on the pulp. All my stuff is heavy on the pulp I guess.

I just am so sad feel like crying about somethings going on. :( :(