_C_

I JUST...

I just hate this weather we are having right now. It is so dam cold. The temp. right now is 0 degrees with a wind chill of 35 below zero. Sometimes I just hate Ohio weather. I know I should be used to it because I have lived here all my life, but I still don't like it.

I just wondered...where everybody went on this site?

I just got back on the board..I have never forgot my password to something as much as I have here..:)

I'm here, too! *waves*

I think most members just come on this forum to browse without commenting, which is okay. Not as lively but still acceptable. :)

Do you ever just wake up in such a bad mood that you know if someone says something you don't like your going to rip them a new one. Well that is how I am feeling today. :angry:

I just had to laugh today. I quit smoking today and my brother said he was going to go to a hotel for about a week. I do tend to get a little crabby but that just mad me laugh. :D :D

I just had to laugh today. I quit smoking today and my brother said he was going to go to a hotel for about a week. I do tend to get a little crabby but that just mad me laugh. :D :D

Good for you on quitting smoking! Now...to get the entire world to kick the nasty habit. :ph34r:

I just found my goddamn password! I tacked it to my desk! Hope all's well here in Rawboard land!

Good for you on quitting smoking! Now...to get the entire world to kick the nasty habit. :ph34r:

Thanks. I really like having the support from my friends it makes it so much easier. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just found my goddamn password! I tacked it to my desk! Hope all's well here in Rawboard land!

I was wondering what happen to you. I thought maybe you fell off the face of the earth. :) :)

Welcome back, Esco! :) I'd say that things are pretty good around here....Quiet....But still good.

...wanted you all to know that a script I wrote was performed by hitRECorders Cameron Dean (aka WunderBoy) and Amy Wolpa, released, & FEATURED on hitRECord.org.

Here's a link to the video, if any of your eyes along with your ears would like to see & hear it:

Stupidity by Numbers

http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1522684

...wanted you all to know that a script I wrote was performed by hitRECorders Cameron Dean (aka WunderBoy) and Amy Wolpa, released, & FEATURED on hitRECord.org.

Here's a link to the video, if any of your eyes along with your ears would like to see & hear it:

Stupidity by Numbers

Very cool! Congrats!

Stupidity by Numbers

Nice! Will this be on the net? I do not have the channel it is on.

Stupidity by Numbers

Very cool! Congrats!

Thank you! *takes a bow* :D

Nice! Will this be on the net? I do not have the channel it is on.

Thank you, Web*! Will what be on the net -- The show HitRECord on TV? If that's what you're asking about then the answer is afraid not. At least, the episodes in their entirety won't be. But you can view individual videos of the "Final" versions on the website, which can be found via hitRECord's account here: http://www.hitrecord.org/users/hitRECord/all_records

So, technically, there's a way to view parts of the show. If you want the whole enchilada, then you can purchase episodes through Amazon & iTunes.

You can also browse through all of the stuff I've done (& keep doing) if you really wanna for free: http://www.hitrecord.org/users/RosellaWeigand

*new nickname I'm trying out on ya (hehe)

...was told that I am too healthy to receive medical assistance with weight loss, and that I am one of those rare people who can eat what they want and not get health issues, other than weight gain =/

Ugh, I hate being an alien sometimes...

Indie, I've been called worse, so it works for me ;)

Mike, that really sucks. Especially when someone wants to be proactive about their health and are denied help. Really, when one thinks about it, it would be more cost effective for someone to lose weight that could cause health issues, than let them fall into those issues and have to fix it.

Our insurance company will not cover a gym membership because the State does not see it as benifical. My cousin in the next State has the same insurance we do, but his State sees the benefit, and so it's covered. I know it's a minor gripe on my part, but one would think an insurance compay would push for people to live a healthier lifestyle, because in the end, it's going to cost them more. Not to put all the blame on the insurance companies, but things like that are a nice incentive.

...was told that I am too healthy to receive medical assistance with weight loss, and that I am one of those rare people who can eat what they want and not get health issues, other than weight gain =/

Ugh, I hate being an alien sometimes...

That's too bad. Can you dispute it?

Indie, I've been called worse, so it works for me ;)

Then, the name shall stick......Web. ^_^

I'm still fighting it, but it doesn't look good. The program the doctor wants me to do is nearly $600/month.

So in the meantime, I have been going as close to no carbs as I can for the past 4 weeks and just started exercise today. It was really painful. but I hit my goal of at least one hour of exercise and at least 1000 calories burned.

I'm still fighting it, but it doesn't look good. The program the doctor wants me to do is nearly $600/month.

So in the meantime, I have been going as close to no carbs as I can for the past 4 weeks and just started exercise today. It was really painful. but I hit my goal of at least one hour of exercise and at least 1000 calories burned.

Well, I'm cheering for ya! Man, that's a lot of money & it'll just add & add & add up.

Congrats on sticking to your diet & exercising! Impressive. :)

Keep up the great work!

The trick is to not "go on a diet" so much as making new eating choices. Trust me, it sucks at first, but you get accustomed to the change, and it will be for the better. You would be surprised what "junk" foods you give up on for a while and then come back to a few months later, will make you sick. I remeber the first time I went to a fast food joint after 4 months, I just got sick. I have no desire to eat that kind of food anymore if it can be avoided.

Excersie is a whole other animal. Remeber to start slow, and yeah, it's gonna hurt for a while. Most people (me included) jump right in full force. Not a good idea. Plus, workout injuries are awful. You want to try and avoid that as much as you can. Work up to it, in a few weeks, you will feel it getting easier, then you can add time/resistance.

I will tell you though, as a Dad who works full time and dealing with after school activites, going to the gym is at the bottom of my "to do" list. The hardest part is getting yourself there, but once I start my workout, no matter how tired I am at the end of the day, I leave the gym ready to go again. You would think it would zap your energy, but it does quite the opposite.

Hang in there, Mike.

-John

The trick is to not "go on a diet" so much as making new eating choices.

-John

Isn't that technically still a diet? ^_^

Ever since my mom started her low sodium diet, I've lessened my sodium intake, as well. I used to pick up a food item & wonder how much money it is. Now, I pick up an item & wonder how much the sodium cost is. It's scary how much sodium people consume. The average for Americans is 8.000-10,000mg a day. A day! That's crazy! And now that I'm watching my sodium more, I'm finding alternatives to my usual snacks that actually taste better....Then, if I have a small amount of what I used to eat, it tastes too salty & unappealing to me.

I don't salt my food. Though, I stopped salting my food years ago, so that's nothing new for me. Eating at restaurants....Oh, boy!....Those places aren't too healthy, for you, even non-fast food places. And even the dishes that are considered "healthy" aren't really, unless you're counting your calories. But if you're watching your sodium, good luck finding options.

The reason they say I am too healthy to get medical support for weight management is because I have no health issues. My glucose(90s), cholesterol(166), and liver function are all very good, even though I have historically eaten all the things you aren't supposed to eat that makes those worse. I was told I just one of the rare few that can eat what he wants and will not have health issues other than getting large. My doctor used to get upset because he wanted to tell me I was unhealthy and needed to lose weight, but the numbers never supported him.

My biggest issues are that I have never lost my eating habits developed in high school, when I played football and competed in martial arts. I put away 6000-9000 calories a day back than and I am still a big eater. I had a back injury (I lost a fight with a fork truck on an aircraft carrier) about 14 years ago and I haven't really been active since. My issue is mostly just eating way too much and not getting any exercise. I did have an issue with cardio myopathy (enlargement of the heart and loss of heart performance, 34%) along with moderately high blood pressure a couple years ago. That has since gone away and my heart performance is back at 100% and my blood pressure is fine now. I only take a diuretic to keep my water retention down.

I had my BMI and lean body mass calculated 3 times over the past few years. My average lean body mass is about 210lbs, which makes my ideal body weight about 250lbs at 16% bodyfat, even though I am only 5'11". The charts say my ideal body weight is about 172lbs at 16% bodyfat (that ain't never gonna happen). My oldest daughter in high school water polo weight about 175lbs at 5'9" and she looks fantastic. I guess my family is pretty dense =) Although I really would like to weigh under 200lbs, I would have to lose 50+poinds of non-fat (muscle) to do it. I will lose some muscle mass as I lose weight, but I'll just have to see what happens. The one advantage i have with my lean bodymass is that my daily resting calorie burn is about 2700/day. By the numbers, I could lose a pound every5 days if I kept my diet at 2000/day.

Mike

So basically I am somewhat of an alien, when it comes to medical statistcs. I am not physically challenged to do this, I just need to make weight loss a priority over my enjoyment of food.