Tim Bradstreet

Warzone Poll

Warzone Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which choice best applies to you?

• I am impressed with the trailers, the ultra violence, and I HAVE to see this film!
    • I am not completely sold by the content I've seen but I'm still interested enough to see this film when it opens.
    • I'm not too impressed with any of it and I'll be skipping this film at the Box Office.
    • I was sold hook, line, and sinker from day one.
    • I love the Punisher, but am leery of this re-boot.

OK, be sure to vote the choice that best applies to you.

Then let us know how you voted, don't be shy, just list the number corresponding to the answer you gave - 1 thru 5.

Then tell us your age bracket -

[10-15] - years old

[16-21]

[22-27]

[28-33]

[34-40]

[41-46]

[47-52]

[over 52]

Feel free to elaborate on why you picked the poll option you chose.

Please no bashing or slamming people's choices. If you want to argue semantics and personal taste then weigh in here ---> Warzone Thread, just keep it clean and stay away from personal attacks.

- TB

I voted for the second option. I just don't want the violence to be too over the top. I like more realistic violence, like David Cronenberg, but I want this movie to be good. I think Ray will be another great Punisher, and I hope we'll get a good trilogy from this, or at least one sequel. I'm just not sure how Jigsaw will turn out. I don't care for his voice for some reason. I am 24 years old.

I voted #5, I'm pretty leery about this movie, and I'm 22.

It pretty much falls on the direction the script was going in and I don't think much of Alexander as a director. Add to the fact the violence just looks like a cartoon, it's to me at least looks to be missing a visceralness (if that's even a word) to it. Nothing about it makes me squirm, which I think the violence in a Punisher movie should do. I know I've brought this up ad nauseum on these boards but, the scene from the '04 movie where Glass tortures Dave, it's not even explicit with the violence and it makes me uncomfortable. Seeing an obese man taking a shit and getting his blown off does nothing for me.

I really don't have much hope for this film...it is an IGNORANCE is BLISS kinda thing. I probably have gotten to much info on this film, mostly from this board, and it has really lost it's appeal for me. It's wierd, it has had sort of a backlash effect on me. So much of the fighting and bitterness that is found even here on these boards has really turned me off. I rarely visit the Punisher or Punisher War Zone threads because there is so little there that is worth reading. But that said, I love the Punisher, and the movie, if I'm going to watch it, which I will, needs to be witnessed on the big screen. So my ass will be in a seat, not expecting to much, on opening day.

I'm on the bubble, 52 years old. I voted for #2

I voted #1 and I'm 19. I just really like Ray and Lexi, and am really optimistic about the movie...

and I like violence.

Im 22 yrs old and I voted no. 2...I like that there seems to be a lot of action and violence, but a lot of it is over the top and borderline fake looking...But i still see some things I think I might like when i watch it in theaters.

I voted second option and I'm [41-46]

I'm not completely sold because this film doesn't appear to be geared towards me, more towards a younger generation. For me, this is the biggest issue I have with it personally.

Visually it has some striking things going on and naturally I'm a fan of the character. I am a fan of Ray's too so I want to see him do well.

I'll be seeing it theatrically.

- TB

I like the cast and all, it's everything else I'm taking issue with. As for seeing in the theater, well I don't know really.

I'm apart of that younger generation and it doesn't really appeal to me much outside of the character.

I voted #2. Some stuff looks good, other stuff bad, but it's a work in progress. As a character I really care for, I still have hope in the "fix it in post", although I know that's not always for the best, but I've seen things go both ways, so I still have hope.

After Tom walked away, I really didn't care for the idea or who was going to be The Punisher, but seeing Ray and some of the better footage, things have changed and I've warmed up to the idea. Although it has not shown anything to lead me to believe this is going to be a deep, character driven film (which I kind of wish it was with the ultra violence), I still enjoy the occasonal popcorn action flick, and I do enjoy ultra violence if it fits. I don't think anyone can argue ultra violence is not part of The Punisher.

I'm at the end of the [22-26] group.

i voted #1 and i range in the [34-40] bracket.

it's just bubble gum eye candy, where we can have a chuckle at peeps getting massacred at the hands of the title character - which the writer and director used the simple formula and follwed the easy classic Punisher outline. imo, this has to be better than Tomas Jane's Punisher.

Sorry I edited a small bit from the end of your post _C_

I'm sure you didn't really mean anything truly insulting by sharing your feelings there but I want to avoid this poll being given over to that type of sentiment.

It would only lead to some people getting offended, and that is not our objective here.

- TB

I'm old and I voted #3. That's not a big deal, though, because I see very few movies in the theater. And I've stated in other threads that I'll be waiting for this flick to come out on DVD. I was looking forward to the next chapter in the Punisher story originated in the '04 flick, so that never happening is a big disappointment to me. THAT I would have gotten to the theater for.

I am interested in seeing the cinematography after all that was written about that. I can do that on the small screen.

I'm old and I voted #3. That's not a big deal, though, because I see very few movies in the theater. And I've stated in other threads that I'll be waiting for this flick to come out on DVD. I was looking forward to the next chapter in the Punisher story originated in the '04 flick, so that never happening is a big disappointment to me. THAT I would have gotten to the theater for.

I am interested in seeing the cinematography after all that was written about that. I can do that on the small screen.

I agree there's so much I feel like they couldve done with the character after the ending of the 04 movie...that ending with Frank on the bridge was fuckin badass and it screamed sequel to me... I cant help but think theyre gonna dumb Castle down a ton in Warzone.

[28-33]

I won't be seeing this film; maybe one day I will catch it on cable. After watching TJ standing on that bridge, I was so looking forward to seeing him in the sequel. I really wanted that, because I felt he made Castle a human being and I wanted to see more of that. I think it is wrong for the suits in Hollywood to not listen to the fans. They are looking for the $$$ and that is all they see.

Why get me used to seeing one actor in a role, only to change it up in the sequel? Not right, not fair. TJ owned the role and now you want me to forget that and embrace this new guy? Ummmm.....NO. So, the night the new film appears on Cinemax, I will TIVO and first watch Rome which will help me get ready for WarZone.

I voted #2 and I'm 20. I've said plenty throughout the 130 pages on the Warzone thread so I don't think I have to explain too much here. See me December 5th for my new opinion ;)

-Raffi

I voted option #3 and I'm 33. I am cautious and reserved, and also ashamed that the character has gone the comic book direction. Would have much rather seen a Walter Hill, Wiliam Friedkin, or John Flynn approach to the narrative. John Dahl would have clearly had potential as well with noirish undertones. This will be a DVD release for me because if I want schlock I already have the 89 version on DVD and admitedly it is fun in part but it also a product of its time.

Andrew

I voted "I'm not impressed..."

I'm in the 28-33 bracket. There is nothing about this film that grabs my attention. I'll rent it.

Guest AdminGuyX

Voted not completely sold, but interested. And after all the hubbub we've had here, I would not miss this film on opening day. Love it, hate it, or just plain meh, I don't want someone elses thoughts on the finished film effecting my viewing experience. As it is, I'm going to be wishing I was watching it with the whole of the RAW membership anyway.

:)

Oh, and I'm 306 years old. And quite spry.

OK - OK. I'm 36, fat and sarcastic.

I'll take the second option, and I'm 28. From the looks of the other thread, I don't think that there's ever been a movie in the history of cinema that has evoked this much emotion from a trailer ;)

i'm 36 and i chose number 5.......i guess we will have to see.....

I voted #2, and I am 35..., brown hair, blue eyes, and a Leo who likes long walks, puppies....and um. Oh, was this not the speed-dating thread?

The trailer makes this new Punisher reboot seem like a big flipping around Matrix-John Woo action-fest, which is not what I expected. Reminds me visually of The Crow: City of Angles as far as colors go...somewhat garish, but I can appreciate pushing the style if the story works.

I have to go see it in the theater, if nothing else just to see the "Bradstreet hotel" on the big screen. Ha! Certainly would have loved to see another Punisher with Tom, and a somewhat more serious tone....but won't judge this one by the trailer....remember the Star Wars Episode One trailer? it was SIIIICK! How'd that turn out? yeah...not so great.

I can watch just about any movie and escape for 2 hours...even if it isn't a great film. What's the worst thing it could be? loud, colorful with machine guns and people blowing up on an 85 foot screen. Fair enough. I mean...I watched Ghost Rider all the way through painful as that was.

Same reason I want to see the remake of Deathrace. Looks fun to watch at least. Women, cars, firing of weapons and stuff blowing up. Good times.

s'all I gots.

ok, I went for "sold on the Ultra Violence". As long as they don't joke about with all the killings it should be enjoyable. No "Stick around" or "He had to split" please!

Oh, and I'm 38.

i'll be skipping this one at the box office. i'm 35, and have been a Punisher fan since i was a kid, actually had his first appearances in Spider-Man.

i was curious, but i'll be skipping this one out of respect to Thomas.

May have said this before, but Ray Stevenson may be a great actor, and Lexi Alexander may have put together a cool movie, but i am very not happy with LGF and the fact that they let Thomas walk away because he apparently had too much respect for the character.