Tim Bradstreet

The Art Of Joe Jusko

Same to you and yours!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE RAW FAMILY

Thank you, Joe!

And likewise to everyone here!

Also, I loved seeing and hearing you in the promo reel! Your avatar here, while very cool, represents you differently! ;)

Fun to see you! And cool that you were a cop. Very cool. B)

That answered a lot of my questions Joe. Looking forward to reading part 2!

Great little interview (I'm dying to see that rejected Starlord art). :huh:

Somewhere, I remember you mentioning that you didn't like the way you looked on camera: I saw the YouTube clip and for the life of me I can't see what the issue is... you're pretty photogenic as far as artists go (much more handsome than your avatar here would lead one to believe).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the book out (it'd be kewl if you had some copies available for sale on the convention circuit).

"..as far as artists go.." LOL I LOVE it!!

The Starlord art is long gone. I gave it to a friend 25 years ago who lost it when his apartment flooded.

I'm hoping to have the book for Dallas. It was supposed to be out NOW, but I'm hearing that even Dallas is a "maybe" at this point. ^&^%$#@#

Great little interview (I'm dying to see that rejected Starlord art). :huh:

Somewhere, I remember you mentioning that you didn't like the way you looked on camera: I saw the YouTube clip and for the life of me I can't see what the issue is... you're pretty photogenic as far as artists go (much more handsome than your avatar here would lead one to believe).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the book out (it'd be kewl if you had some copies available for sale on the convention circuit).

^%$$%##$%^&&^%##

Have been informed that my art book is pushed back even further, now. It seems TM might (hopefully) have his by the Dallas con but not me. FUCK! :angry: At least I'll get to drool over yours, Tim!

No worries big guy. As long as the quality (production values) are exactly what you expect them to be, we'll happily wait. In a few years, when you're steadily selling 50k copies a year in bookstores and online— you won't be worried about any of these little hiccups...

^%$$%##$%^&&^%##

Have been informed that my art book is pushed back even further, now. It seems TM might (hopefully) have his by the Dallas con but not me. FUCK! :angry: At least I'll get to drool over yours, Tim!

Speaking of the book------

IT'S REALLY REAL!!!! I'm holding an advance copy of my art book that just arrived in the mail!!!!! I am SO psyched!!! It looks &*&^%$$##$ GREAT! (If I do say so myself!)! The color saturation is amazing and most of the value issues have been corrected. Aside from a couple of 'to be expected' typos (and an unfortunately dropped credit line for on of the introductions) I couldn't be happier. It's one thing to hold loose proofs in your hands and another to hold a fully realized book! I'm SO proud of this thing! It's on a boat from Hong Kong right now, so barring a ship sinking typhoon it should be in stores in 4-5 weeks!!!! I'll have it with me in Kansas City this weekend! If you're at the show please stop by and take a look! How am I gonna get work done today??? :P

It's an odd feeling to hold in your hands a life encompassing collection of your work. One can't help but think back to childhood and relive the dreams of actually doing something you really wanted with your future, and actually seeing it materialized to some extent in front of you. Equal parts pride and astonishment, to be sure. I'm really weirded out right now.

You can order the book through Amazon--

http://tinyurl.com/cbr6n7

but you'd be helping both myself and the publisher out by ordering it directly from their site--

http://www.desperadopublishing.com/

BTW, Amazon still has it listed as 200 pages but it's actually 328!!!

Better hit the gym before you buy this fucker!

Congratulations Joe!

I empathize with your feelings whole-heartedly.

I think my book is 312 pages and let me tell ya, it's a fucking lead weight ;)

We may be spending more $ shipping books to shows than we'll make on sales ;)

I've been thinking I should have done two 200 page books, heheh.

Now we gotta get Pruett out to SD in a booth where he can sell 'em by the dozens while we sign away!

Can't wait to see it Joe, and I'm overjoyed that the printing met with your satisfaction.

I wish only the sweetest sailing for your cargo vessel!

Helm's a lee!!!

xo - TB

First of all, I have to offer my apologies for not noticing the work of this amazing artist sooner. As an uninitiated comic art novice (compared to all of the aficianados here on this forum;) ), I've finally had my eyes opened to the work of Joe Jusko. But please allow me to join the ranks of Jusko fans on this forum. And Mr. Jusko, my sincerest compliments on your stunning work. I will most assuredly be buying your art book for my collection (small, but growing, that is).

Well, that's a hell of a compliment!! THANK YOU!!!! I'm always amazed and flattered when someone finds something of value in the meager works I churn out. :-)

First of all, I have to offer my apologies for not noticing the work of this amazing artist sooner. As an uninitiated comic art novice (compared to all of the aficianados here on this forum;) ), I've finally had my eyes opened to the work of Joe Jusko. But please allow me to join the ranks of Jusko fans on this forum. And Mr. Jusko, my sincerest compliments on your stunning work. I will most assuredly be buying your art book for my collection (small, but growing, that is).

Thank, big guy!!!! These books are fuckin' HUGE! LOL At least you can truck yours down to Comicon. I'm starting to save NOW for the shipping fees! :-)

Congratulations Joe!

I empathize with your feelings whole-heartedly.

I think my book is 312 pages and let me tell ya, it's a fucking lead weight ;)

We may be spending more $ shipping books to shows than we'll make on sales ;)

I've been thinking I should have done two 200 page books, heheh.

Now we gotta get Pruett out to SD in a booth where he can sell 'em by the dozens while we sign away!

Can't wait to see it Joe, and I'm overjoyed that the printing met with your satisfaction.

I wish only the sweetest sailing for your cargo vessel!

Helm's a lee!!!

xo - TB

Getting closer! I had the preview copy at the Kansas City show this past weekend and it went over huge! I'll have it at the Emerald City con this weekend if anyone's in the area.

Congrats, Joe! I ordered my copy months ago and can't wait to get it.

Diamond Previews Order Code for "The Art of Joe Jusko"

DESPERADO PUBLISHING - ART OF JOE JUSKO HC

PREVIEWS ORDER CODE: SEP07 3550

According to a poster on a Yahoo Forum, THE ART OF JOE JUSKO IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got it in a Charlotte comic store today!! FUCKIN" AYE!!!!! :lol: