Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

TIM BRADSTREET'S WOLVERINE

Should Tim Bradstreet take over Wolverine?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for whether or not you feel Bradstreet is Wolverine material

• YES
    • NO

Tim do you think one day you might do Gambit or other X-men characters ?(Gambit and Wolverine are my favorite X-MEN characters)I would love to see what you would do with Gambit :D Anyways I love the Wolverine pic,keep up the good work! :)

Did someone mention Gambit?

Gambitbw.jpg

I did this about 10 years ago, it was a variant cover for Gambit #1, a short lived ongoing series.

My editor complained that he was a little ugly, that he's supposed to be a ladies man . . .

I reasoned that I drew him as I saw him, he's an asshole so I made him look like one.

To me he looks like the skinny Cajun prick that he is ;)

As for ladies . . . When you have super powers you can get anyone you want.

Even Carrot Top gets laid.

Marvel published it anyway so I guess no one else had a problem :P

- TB

Guest FADoss

Gambitbw.jpg

I did this about 10 years ago, it was a variant cover for Gambit #1, a short lived ongoing series.

My editor complained that he was a little ugly, that he's supposed to be a ladies man . . .

I reasoned that I drew him as I saw him, he's an asshole so I made him look like one.

- TB

My wife's favorite character...but definitely not her favorite cover. Ugly Gambit don't fly in my house. :) I DO own it though. It's very Tom Petty. :)

Fred

Guest AdminGuyX

Egads, that IS one ugly sumbitch. No offense to your model Tim.

Still a cool drawing, the background rocks.

He makes me think of a drugged out punk singer holding his mic stand, looking out over the crowd.

I hope you get the chance to do some more Wolverine. Maybe they can get you on the next Wolvie/Punisher team up book. Speaking of, can't wait to see the new Punisher pic. Any chance that Comic Box is availible in the States? Interview with you and Garth plus a new Punisher pic, that's too much to pass up ;)

The killer being that the magazine is all in French!

Maybe I can get my editor to send me over an English translation ;)

- TB

Gambitbw.jpg

- TB

Well I like it :) But he looks kinda young.They could had made a prequel, showing how Gambit became the beloved asshole that we love today B) OT Mr.BradStreet what character you have not done yet,that you really want to do?Like do you see yourself doing Superman,Ash from EvilDead etc.Or you can take another stab at Gambit again :)

Guest AdminGuyX
Mod Edit: - Moved from PWZ thread

I know this is off-topic, but screw it. Has anyone else seen Mr. Bradstreet's cover for an upcoming Wolverine one-shot?

WOLVFLIES.jpg

It's friggin' awesome, like all of his covers.

As upset as I am with Marvel today, it would go a long way with me if they made you the full time cover guy on Wolverine Tim.

I might even start buying the book again intead of flipping through it at the shop.

:)

The bomber jacket is an inspired choice! Is it in the story or something you came up with?

Nick

I did the shoot with my pal Jim about 3 years ago. He had a few jackets lying around. When I saw the sheepskin bomber jacket I jumped for joy 'cause it reminded me of that coat Byrne used to draw Logan in. The shoot was rather impromptu and I just got lucky there was something so cool at our disposal. So yeah, blind luck ;)

LOL, that's AWESOME!

I knew I liked you Nick.

You going to be in Dallas for Mark's show in Jan?

- TB

You betcha, flyboy.

Nick

ps- Holy shit. I just noticed the "Scorpion in Resin" belt buckle. I always wanted one of those ever since I was a wee lad. It fits nicely with the Indian head belt buckle they used for the movie. That Wolvy is a classy dresser. :)

Nick