origin1950

DARK COUNTRY

gotta get rid of the damn spoilers!! anybody else come across any spoilers, PLEASE post them here so i can try to get rid of them. FYI, we are NOT going straight to vid. i've worked to damn hard. the film will land at LGF or Sony will take it theatrical. we finally finished the film last week!!

SONY hasn't even see the finished product yet. they will in a week or so. i'll keep you posted. but i can say that I am extremely happy with the film. and i can't say that about most of my work. but THIS, this is gold to me. i love it. so please let me in on any spoilers you might find. and if you're planning on seeing the film, please don't read about it. just go see it. this film works best the least you know about it going in. this is where the internet, god love her, is a royal pain in the ASS. it's up to you, dear reader, to police yourself and get rid of all the BS! can't wait for you guys to see it. T

I really hope Sony decides to take it theatrical, because unless the title of your film is SAW Lionsgate usually doesn't seem to know what to do with genre films.

gotta get rid of the damn spoilers!! anybody else come across any spoilers, PLEASE post them here so i can try to get rid of them. FYI, we are NOT going straight to vid. i've worked to damn hard. the film will land at LGF or Sony will take it theatrical. we finally finished the film last week!!

SONY hasn't even see the finished product yet. they will in a week or so. i'll keep you posted. but i can say that I am extremely happy with the film. and i can't say that about most of my work. but THIS, this is gold to me. i love it. so please let me in on any spoilers you might find. and if you're planning on seeing the film, please don't read about it. just go see it. this film works best the least you know about it going in. this is where the internet, god love her, is a royal pain in the ASS. it's up to you, dear reader, to police yourself and get rid of all the BS! can't wait for you guys to see it. T

Glad to hear it will be hitting theaters, but whatever you do, don't let lgf get their greasy, shit filled hands on it. Either way, I'll see it whether it's on the big screen or just my tv set.

Glad to hear it will be hitting theaters, but whatever you do, don't let lgf get their greasy, shit filled hands on it. Either way, I'll see it whether it's on the big screen or just my tv set.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't like LGF.

Never fear, TJ. I never read anything about movies I wanna see! Can't wait to see it! See you in a few weeks at Comicon!

Ok, there's so many different threads on Dark Country, I'm not sure if this is the right one to ask this question but someone'll see it, I'm sure...

I know the DVD has come out but I don't see anything about the 3D dvd...does anyone have any info on that? When will the 3D version be out?

Ok, there's so many different threads on Dark Country, I'm not sure if this is the right one to ask this question but someone'll see it, I'm sure...

I know the DVD has come out but I don't see anything about the 3D dvd...does anyone have any info on that? When will the 3D version be out?

My guess is it will wait for 3D televisions to become more prevalent and there is a hard push for 3D films on DVD.

man i hope so. havent heard anything from Sony, other than it ran on their movie channel --- i THINK in 3D! anybody out there can confirm this?

when they do put the 3D bluray out - i'm gonna lobby hard that they use the BRADSTREET poster.

come on, how can they not?

man i hope so. havent heard anything from Sony, other than it ran on their movie channel --- i THINK in 3D! anybody out there can confirm this?

when they do put the 3D bluray out - i'm gonna lobby hard that they use the BRADSTREET poster.

come on, how can they not?

Eh, well unfortunately, I think you know as well as most how they can not. It seems like studios take the best possible options for posters and dvd covers and dismiss them first. All these new releases of movies from the 70's and 80's, many of which the only good part of them WERE THE POSTERS, are slapped on dvd with some uninspired photoshop job.

I remember Bradstreet and I looking at a poster for this movie called PIGHUNT. Very grindhouse, very shockfestival. We were both pretty impressed by it, and I said right there that the poster was going to be the best part of the production. It is.

So of course it came out on dvd a couple of months ago with some photoshop, shiny cartoon pig on the dvd.

That's my story.

And with that said, if need be, I'll head up the mob that goes down to Sony to get Bradstreet's poster on that thing. The people will be heard! Get out yer pitchforks...

Hear him! Frottage speaks true.

Again, it IS the legend.

;)

- Tb

Hey man, thanks. You know how I am. Just a regular guy who knows what he's talking about and should be running a studio so I can do away with all evil.

Just to back up what I was saying: Here is the pre-distribution, poster made by the filmmakers: Piggy badass

Here's Foghorn leghorn's friend: Sooo-eeee!

Now fortunately PIGHUNT isn't good, so who cares. But for movies that deserve to be seen, you know there's folks out there that will decide on something by looking at the cover.

For future pig movie makers: I'm all for characters and relationships and all that good stuff. But if you're telling me I'm going to see a movie about a giant killer boar, please give me some giant killer boar. This makes it unnecessary for me to have to blurt out in a theater "Now, eventually you do plan to have killer pigs in your killer pig movie? Hello?".

And that is how I took a DARK COUNTRY thread and turned it into a PIGHUNT review.