Tim Bradstreet

Film Vault Feedback

It's available on Region 2 alright, just seems to be quite rare. Guess it will have to go onto the christmas stocking list.

Have 'The Train' opn my list tho, so now all I have to do is convince my g/f that it will make a better night in than watching 13 going on 30 ... or pretend it arrived by mistake :P

Some day all films will be digitally fed into our TV's from the skies on demand, allowing us to watch whatever we like, whenever we like, and on that day I will spit on Love Films grave, Muahahahahaha etc...

Maybe you should limit your list to films that are also widely available in the UK so that it doesn't hurt my feeling when I can't find half of them :P

Maybe you should limit your list to films that are also widely available in the UK so that it doesn't hurt my feeling when I can't find half of them :P

LOL.

Hey, at least you're trying!

Girlfriend? The Train? If she's the good kind she'll embrace that it's a goddamn good film.

If she's not the good kind then wait until she goes to bed or out with her girlfriends, pop that fucker in and kick back with the beverage and snack of your choice.

- TB

LOL.

Hey, at least you're trying!

Girlfriend? The Train? If she's the good kind she'll embrace that it's a goddamn good film.

If she's not the good kind then wait until she goes to bed or out with her girlfriends, pop that fucker in and kick back with the beverage and snack of your choice.

- TB

Why wait for her to go to bed, I'll just slip some sleeping pills into her food later on :P

Nah, she's cool, I just need to 'market' the film to her first

Just read your list, you have shamed me with my ignorance, sir.

Seconds...

As always I am provided unseen gems (unseen to me anyway) to watch when Tim is hosting the late-night Saturday evening, and like Red Belt, Precinct 13, Village of the Damned, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Never Cry Wolf, Spartan, The Professionals (love Lee Marvin!), The Devil's Rain, Meatballs...and I'm not even counting the dvd's I've been sent home with...WELL I will say, even as a movie-a-holic, I have missed or just overlooked a ton of films that I get to discover NOW which is just plain awesome. I'm too much a child of the late 70's and early 80's I think...so lot's of incredible stuff I missed!

Seconds was what we watched last weekend (and capped it off with Meatballs lol).

The camera does things in Seconds that I haven't seen done before and the story is really beyond the time it was told....yet somehow I feel like if it was told today it wouldn't have the power. There is a science element to the film and for some reason it just seemed plain plausible even for the era. It is eerily more powerful than it could ever be today. They'd over explain it today, focus on it, and most likely lose the story in the process. Uniquely executed claustrophobic camera shots and shots that created feelings of isolation EVEN when the star was in a group ...it all seemed based on how the director wanted us to see the character's journey emotionally...as the character became more comfortable in a situation the camera followed suit and vice versa as I remember it....it was weird how effective it was. Genius ending as well. Too young to have enjoyed much of Rock Hudson's work, but wow....really powerful performance and because of who he is in the story or what his character goes through...it was made incredibly believable by his portrayal.

IF anyone remade this film...which almost seems inevitable... I would vote for one of these 3 "Davids": David Fincher, David Cronenberg, or David Mamet...and maybe M. Night Shyamalan.

Another treasure discovered courtesy of TB! :D

I think Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead should be classified as a Clever Comedy. It's one of my top favorite movies. I've seen it many times. I love Roth and Oldman's chemistry.

Time to update my list. Been meaning to add more and more but I keep getting sidetracked.

If you've seen any of the films on the list recently we'd love to hear what you thought of them.

My hope is that people coming here will be interested enough to look. To some there won't be any surprises, for the rest of you . . . start making a list for your next trip to the video store or netflix que.

One thing I can assure you, you won't be wasting your time if you love movies.

- TB

Tim, will you denote the new addtions in anyway?

I've been looking over the list since you've posted it, a lot I've seen, quite a few I have not. I almost had to get a 0 reigion Portugese import of Johnny Got His Gun, but luckily it fianally came out domestically. Deffinatly a great flick.

One of my faves off your list that I had not seen was Let's Scare Jessica To Death. I don't think we'll ever see horror films done like this again, or at least not very many. This was one hell of a slow burn and I had to watch it again after it was done just to make sure I caught everything. This one really demanded my attention and I was glad to give it.

finally seen Excalibur and i thought it was great. it has some paceing issues but over all it was very entertainig. what makes the film is the great cast, i coudnt believe how young liam neeson is in this.

i would love to see more fantasy films like this.

Time to update my list. Been meaning to add more and more but I keep getting sidetracked.

If you've seen any of the films on the list recently we'd love to hear what you thought of them.

My hope is that people coming here will be interested enough to look. To some there won't be any surprises, for the rest of you . . . start making a list for your next trip to the video store or netflix que.

One thing I can assure you, you won't be wasting your time if you love movies.

- TB

Is the Pusher Trilogy going to be making an appearance on this updated list? Don't tell me you haven't gotten around to seeing them yet.

I don't know if anyone else on here has seen it, but I love The Prestige. It's one of my favorite Christian Bale movies, and that's really saying something for me. Even though it's such a long movie, I can always watch it over and over again.

The Pledge

The Turn

The Prestige