Guest FADoss

Shameless Plugs for Frederic Doss

You know, if this GI Joe film reallly kick starts the action figure line again, it could end up like the Star Wars line, where every character ever mentioned will get it's own figure. Who knows, maybe down the line, there'll be a Fred Doss figure.

I've been hoping J, but I doubt it will happen. Will have to wait until future endeavors to get my action figure.

I've been hoping J, but I doubt it will happen. Will have to wait until future endeavors to get my action figure.

Well.. to be honest... I think the first thing that would need to occur would be a "survivable" role. :)

Well no not necessarily..... Star Wars has had a bunch of figures of people who I can't even remember that have died in the fighter jets and such.

Survivable? Like Darth Maul? Or more relevent, Cover Girl?

The difference in the Star wars Saga is that they have several dozen novels which back filled every nook and cranny of characters that were featured and glimpsed in passing.

Hell they even had a couple novels which focused specifically on Darth Maul IIRC.

We all mean to say Great job to the Doss. Sooner or later you will be glorified as a plastic cast action figure made in China :)

So Jarlath, I did get to meet with Dave Filoni and Matt Wood at the Fan Days in Dallas courtesy of Mark Walters...SO...Clone Wars could be in my future...

Hey, maybe Raffi is set up to mold hard plastic.

It's what I do ;)

Dude, I would so buy a Doss doll...er... ACTION FIGURE!

I see these mini vehicals in the stores and I keep wondering why no Fred with Apache? We should flood the toy company with e-mails. We want our Fred action figure ;)

So Jarlath, I did get to meet with Dave Filoni and Matt Wood at the Fan Days in Dallas courtesy of Mark Walters...SO...Clone Wars could be in my future...

As a Star wars buff, I'd say that would be great as long as you don't follow the footsteps of Mark Hamill :)

We want you to be IN the pictures, not just your voice (mind you Mark hamill has been in MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY voice parts).

:)

I think we need to start a pool. Does Doss Die in this movie.... :)

Kudo's though for more acting work. More lines are always a step up.

Interview

Here is an alternate cover/poster for a comic that is using my likeness. I've read the first issue and the story that this is a cover for and it's a pretty cool book.

SgtZeroDossPromo-817x1024.jpg

Interview talks briefly about a few films I have coming up. I'll talk more when I am able. Just got picked up to do a cool short and just wrapped another short in which I wield an automatic rifle...and a chainsaw. Pic below from that one:

31689_423138243652_522583652_5323883_5576933_n.jpg

Dude, I would so buy a Doss doll...er... ACTION FIGURE!

ME TOO! :lol:

Hey guys, head over to inmoo.com (David Arquette's great new site for indy film) and check out MY film, "Double Negative".

"The Tripper" is also over there so what are you waiting for?!

Also just got official word that I'll be doing two indy horror flicks this fall, for sure with FOUR other films in talks. I'm onboard as one of the leads in the film "I'll Never Tell" to be shot in Florida and out in NYC, the film "Cut" which should make "Hostel" and "House of a 1000 Corpses" look like romantic comedies.

Hey guys, head over to inmoo.com (David Arquette's great new site for indy film) and check out MY film, "Double Negative".

"The Tripper" is also over there so what are you waiting for?!

Also just got official word that I'll be doing two indy horror flicks this fall, for sure with FOUR other films in talks. I'm onboard as one of the leads in the film "I'll Never Tell" to be shot in Florida and out in NYC, the film "Cut" which should make "Hostel" and "House of a 1000 Corpses" look like romantic comedies.

Congrats! I watched Double Negative, I did agree with the sole detractor in the comments that the basic premise did seem "Bourne"-ish, but I really liked the continuation aspect (the jogger scene at the end). I also agree that it was a nicely done production (I coulda done without the reused footage of you getting dressed however :))

I did wonder about the props used (I sure as hell wouldn't let an HK drop to asphalt like that). How much was CGI'd into the film (other than Helo's).

Guest AdminGuyX

I enjoyed the look of double neg more than the story. Fred ran circles around the other performances, mostly because he had a lot more to do, emotionally. I don't know who made the tac vests those guys had on but . . . shouldn't they have provided some ballistic protection? ;)

Overall though I am very impressed with the effort put forth for the budget, and really proud of my friends for getting the film completed and out there. Good or bad, a film is no easy thing to complete when you have no money and are working on post in your off time.

Hats off to all you guys!!

Congrats! I watched Double Negative, I did agree with the sole detractor in the comments that the basic premise did seem "Bourne"-ish, but I really liked the continuation aspect (the jogger scene at the end). I also agree that it was a nicely done production (I coulda done without the reused footage of you getting dressed however :))

I did wonder about the props used (I sure as hell wouldn't let an HK drop to asphalt like that). How much was CGI'd into the film (other than Helo's).

CGIed in all the blood (except for the drip onto the Stranger's picture) and muzzle flashes. The bullet shot off the trash dumpster was real (magnesium paintballs). Also added in the computer screens in post. We had fun with it and there are talks about doing more with it, which I am definitely open to if some money gets behind it and we can do more with it. Hats off to our SWAT guys. They are brilliant and know their stuff.

Alright, so a few things. "Coyote County Loser" is coming out on DVD and pre-orders are being taken right now. Go here to see the new trailer and pre-order the film.

Also, heading up to shoot "Cut" in NYC on 16 October with Kane Hodder, Michael Berryman, Gunnar Hanson and friends George Katt and Brandon Slagle. More names coming soon. It's bloody, it's violent and it's a pretty decent story.

Have a short film that will be making the festival circuits soon (God willing) called "Fun with Hank and Jim". We are writing a feature right now. It's about a pair of psycopaths (myself and Mr. Slagle) who hunt down and kill horror baddies...usually at the expense of all around them. It's VERY twisted humor. Let me know if you know anyone at cool festivals1

In talks on about 5-7 more projects with a HUGE one just days away from announcement. I see most of you on facebook, but if you are on there and we aren't friends yet, find me here.