Guest FADoss

Shameless Plugs for Frederic Doss

Just wanted to add, we like Fred, we did not want to have to suspend him.

But we made it very clear in a recent warning involving the Warzone thread in particular that personal attacks would not be tolerated.

For the most part everyone here has conducted themselves accordingly. But there have been a couple of folks in particular who repeatedly have made this Forum their battleground.

See the Behavior Issues thread for more info on that.

In this particular instance Fred crossed the line. The other member in question did not.

I have the feeling that Fred knew exactly what he was doing.

Luckily, Tim was on it right away and the posts have been deleted.

That's the long and the short of it.

All we ask is that when you come here to use the forum you respect us enough to comply with our few rules concerning behavior.

Tim informs me that we're temporarily suspending Fred, not banning him.

It's Fred's choice whether or not he wants to come back.

If he chooses to do so, hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Trudell

I know what you mean Kwiat ;)

The altercation started in one thread and continued over into another (Warzone).

It got progressively worse and worse.

I did happen to be on the forum when it all started so it got dealt with very quickly.

Anger happens.

Just have to keep it controlled here.

And I reiterate what Trudell said, we were VERY clear about the warning.

Anyway, I know where I stand, and THAT, apparently is on the outside.

Fred

Fred, pal, you chose to stand on the outside when you ignored our warnings about personal attacks, and that includes not just the Warzone thread warnings but also several personal message warnings where I appealed to you to play it cool. The rules were posted for a reason, and there is no playing favorites on that account.

I took every opportunity to keep this from happening. Sorry it turned out the way it did.

- TB

Well, that let's me know a few things. I want you to know Fred that I have always enjoyed your posts. I have watched everything you appeared in and I think you are a great person and I think it is a shame things have to sink to this level.

I never forget a huge celebrity saying this on his website: "Attendance IS NOT mandatory."

I am now going to start practicing that. I would like to thank the RAW Forum for providing me with a great time; [edited to add] I remember not the best of times when I first came here, but I did learn...LOL

I tell ya, just to be on the same board as Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet has been a dream come true for me; I have learned so much about film, acting, comic books and I will never forget you.

Take care,

Tiara

Let me understand this Tiara, are you saying goodbye to the boards because Fred has been temporarily suspended?

Trudell

OK, it's my sad duty to inform folks that we will indeed honor Fred's wishes and have his membership deleted at his request.

Fred - If you read this - We'll miss ya man. The squabbling with you-know-who aside, I enjoyed your presence here a great deal.

I wish you and your family the best of luck in the future and I'll be keeping my eyes on the big screen for a Doss sighting!

Best of luck always - Tim

Go visit Fred here ----> Frederick Doss on MySpace

Guest AdminGuyX

I just want to add that Fred and I remain friends.

I don't expect it, and I wish Tiara would stick around, but please, no bashing.

We all make choices, and then have to live with those choices.

And this is just a place to hang out online and chat, and maybe have some good clean fun.

It should NOT be a source of pain, anger, and frustration for any of us.

best of luck to you Fred Doss on your future endeavours and such...

as like you, I never came here with fists, but...ah fuck it.

mob rules eh?!

-c

Too bad it came to this... Good luck and hopefully, we'll see you around.

Made a new account...and if I've been in the corner long enough I'd like to come out and play again. Been a long hard road recently and most of that is coming to a head now. My unborn daughter is FINE and is due in March (Ella Rae), I'm on the tail end of a two-week bout with walking pneumonia. I start the new job Monday up in Tyler TX. The house in NM sold (now I have to sell on here by Austin... :().

Things are looking up.

yo! welcome back. I am very glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Guest AdminGuyX
Made a new account...and if I've been in the corner long enough I'd like to come out and play again.

Now now. Nobody made you stand in the corner. :P

Things are looking up.

I'm SO happy for that. I hope the new job kicks ass, and I have no doubt your second daughter will come into the world a happy and healthy Doss.

I love the name you guys picked.

Now now. Nobody made you stand in the corner. :P

I'm SO happy for that. I hope the new job kicks ass, and I have no doubt your second daughter will come into the world a happy and healthy Doss.

I love the name you guys picked.

Thanks man and for all the well-wishings from everyone else.

I was NOT made to stand in the corner. I opted out after my horrible behavior involving another member on this forum. I was out of line and found it very hard, with other stressors in my life, not to jump in the middle of someone with both feet. BAD ON ME.

I asked for my account to be deleted and it took me a month to try to come back. I plan on behaving this time around.

I really missed you fuckers.

Fred

Hey all,

Just went out to L.A. for a photo shoot for the poster for "Coyote County Loser". Very cool trip...power lunch in Beverly Hills. :)

Also, this trailer just released for the zombie western I did awhile back. It's a short and a teaser trailer, but it's fun. Hope to see a copy soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6S5BrtlsU

Thanks,

Fred

Hey all,

Just went out to L.A. for a photo shoot for the poster for "Coyote County Loser". Very cool trip...power lunch in Beverly Hills. :)

Also, this trailer just released for the zombie western I did awhile back. It's a short and a teaser trailer, but it's fun. Hope to see a copy soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6S5BrtlsU

Thanks,

Fred

Fred, I'm a zombie nut. I can't wait to see you in a zombie flick! Let me know when this is available!

Put me down for a copy too Fred! Congrats.

Fred, I'm a zombie nut. I can't wait to see you in a zombie flick! Let me know when this is available!

It's not your typical zombie flick. I don't think anyone gets eaten.

To clear up any confusion, I am also known as Adam Doss to my family and all of my friends prior to joining the AF. I also go by Adam at work. It's like having multiple personalities. Good notes on other upcoming films.

Ten for '09: Plenty of blockbusters to watch for

http://www.joplinglobe.com/archivesearch/l...ml?start:int=15

From staff reports

What do “Milk,” “The Wrestler,” “Gran Torino,” “Slumdog Millionaire,” “Revolutionary Road” and “Frost/Nixon” have in common?

They’re all major awards-season contenders that have yet to play in Joplin, making any sort of year-end Top 10 list pointless.

Instead, we’re going to look ahead to 2009, bringing you 10 movies we’re already geeking out to see next year.

Watchmen (March 6)

Writer Alan Moore’s graphic novels that have hit the big screen have ranged from middling (“From Hell”) to horrible (“League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”). Since “Watchmen” is one of the most acclaimed comics ever created, there’s reason to be nervous.

But the trailer and early buzz indicate that director Zack Snyder has created an extremely faithful adaptation of Moore’s deconstruction of masked heroes set in an alternate 1980s setting.

Star Trek (May 7)

Leonard Nimoy reprises his role as Mr. Spock in a time-travel adventure that finds the crew of the Enterprise on their first adventure. It’s hard to picture anyone but Shatner as Kirk — which goes for the other classic characters as well — but the trailer promises an epic origin story that should please Trekkies and newcomers alike. With “Lost” creator JJ Abrams at the helm, this is a sci-fi franchise that could still live long and prosper.

Terminator Salvation (May 22)

No, resurrecting the “Terminator” franchise (and without Ah-nuld) doesn’t seem like such a great idea. And having “Charlie’s Angels” director McG at the helm is enough to inspire dread.

BUT, with “Dark Knight” scribe Jonathan Nolan responsible for the script and Batman himself, Christian Bale, starring as resistance leader John Connor ... well, we’ll be back.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 17)

Sure, Potter fans know who Tom Riddle is and who he eventually becomes (as well as how the entire story ends), but look for this sixth Potter feature to work some big-screen magic.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Aug. 7)

If you’re not of a certain age and didn’t grow up playing with the action figures in your back yard before going inside, loading up on sugar and flopping down in front of the TV to watch the animated series, you might not care. Dennis Quaid and Channing Tatum star, but watch for Joplin native Adam Doss, who also appears in the film.

Director James Cameron’s sci-fi epic has been kept under tight wraps, but the tale of a wounded ex-Marine who is thrust into a battle for survival on an alien planet aims to revolutionize the world of 3-D filmmaking.

Bruno (TBA)

From interrupting a fashion show in Milan to staging a rather unconventional wrestling event in Fort Smith, Ark., and crashing an Easter play in Wichita, Kan., we’re curious as to what “Borat” creator Sacha Baron Cohen is cooking up. Plus, there’s that crazy rumored title that keeps popping up — “Bruno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt.”

Inglorious Bastards (TBA)

Quentin Tarantino directs his long-in-development tale of prisoners-turned-soldiers on a mission to take down a group of Nazis during World War II. Divided into five chapters with two converging stories narrated by Samuel L. Jackson and scored by spaghetti-Western composer Ennio Morricone, it could truly be glorious.

The Road (TBA)

Viggo Mortensen stars in Cormac McCarthy’s Pulitzer Prize-winning tale of a father and son journeying across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It was pushed back from a November 2008 release date, thereby giving us a bleak, heartwrenching film to look forward to next year.

Sherlock Holmes (TBA)

Robert Downey Jr. as the bare-knuckle fighting, fencing super-sleuth? Jude Law as Dr. Watson? A conspiracy to destroy Britain? We’re sold.

MY NEW FILM "COYOTE COUNTY LOSER" (It's showing in Siloam Springs AR this Thursday!!!)

The biggest "Loser"

Monday, January 5, 2009, 11:28 AM

By Scott Meeker

Enjoy_CCL_poster144.jpg

There’s a lot I could tell you about Frederic Adam Doss, someone who I’ve known since our days growing up on the mean streets of north Joplin and on the rough and tumble playground of Columbia Elementary.

In college, he was a worthy adversary at Xtreme croquet (in which wickets are set up 50 yards apart and duct tape is needed to hold the cheap wooden mallets together).

After 9/11, he felt called to serve his country and enlisted with the Air Force and served in Afghanistan.

He has a lovely family.

But, nail me down to telling you one thing about him, I’d have to go with this: He’s the only person I know who has been killed by a Decepticon. Click here for story from 2006.

An actor who has appeared in “Transformers,” “Swing Vote” and an episode of AMC’s “Breaking Bad” (as well as the upcoming “G.I. Joe” flick), he plays one of the lead characters in “Coyote County Loser,” an independent romantic comedy that will have its first screening for general audiences on Thursday in Siloam Springs, Ark.

The producer and writers of the movie held a special screening the other day, and my wife and I went at Adam’s invitation. The movie is still in its post-production stages, with a temp-track that makes for some spotty audio in a few places.

In the movie, L.A. radio personality Jack Proctor (Beau Clark) is stranded in a small town in the Southwest, and soon finds himself clashing with -- and falling for -- Lauren Hartford (Nikki Boyer), a radio host who offers romantic advice to callers. Jack bets Lauren that his own advice could help the most unlikely person -- the biggest loser, that is -- in Coyote County find love.

Adam plays Lyle Granger, the local auto salvage yard owner who becomes the Coyote County loser, and -- unbeknownst to Jack -- has his eyes on Lauren.

It’s ultimately a sweet love story, and features a variety of quirky characters and gorgeous New Mexico scenery. Adam’s take on the goofy but sincere Lyle is one of the movie’s highlights and he’s got a line that delivers the movie’s biggest laugh. I appreciated the movie even more following the Q&A with brothers Lucas and Jacob Roebuck, Arkansas natives who said they set out to make a movie with a message and heart, but one that could find mainstream appeal beyond the audience for typical Christian filmmaking.

They’re working with several prospective distributors and hope to have a theatrical release for “Coyote County Loser” in the spring or summer.

If you’d like an advance peek at it, the screening will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Siloam Springs 6, 1102 S. Carl St., in Siloam Springs, Ark.

(For the record, there are 98 miles between Joplin and Siloam Springs, a number that I wildly underestimated, causing us to nearly miss the screening. I'm still not sure where I came up with the number 63.)

That a boy Doss! Nice poster.

Guest AdminGuyX

I was just about to post this poster. :)

I think it looks terriffic, and I can't wait to watch the flick.

Is there a trailer, or any promo photos you can share with us?

Go get em Fred! I can't wait to see this! Please keep us in the loop man!