Guest FADoss

Shameless Plugs for Frederic Doss

Guest FADoss

Hey all,

I'll be attempting to keep all of my personal escapades and adventures in acting (what little I have had) here in this thread. Most recently:

Hey all,

In honor of "Swing Vote" coming out, a good friend of mine and fellow Joplinite invited me to be a part of their podcast discussing political movies. Though I was only an extra in the film, I did have a few cool experiences such as having footballs winged at me by Kevin Costner.

I play one of Kelsey Grammer's Secret Service agents in the film. Again, no lines, mostly background work, but I DID make the trailer. I've had lines in a major film and two TV series and never made the trailer. I do extra work and there I am, catching Kevin's pass.

Was a GREAT film to be a part of...6 days of shooting with some GREAT folks. Met Kelsey briefly. Seeing him in Jeans and hearing him swear was almost absurd. Kevin was great. I had heard "stories" before I met him, but he was very down to Earth. Talked with all of use extra types and was very friendly.

So if you see the film, watch for me. Don't go to the bathroom or blink though.

:)

OH, and here is the podcast!

http://www.joplinglobe.com/enjoy/local_story_213192001.html

Fred

Guest FADoss

Here are some pics from a few of the things I have done:

"Fool's Gold", a zombie western short I did up in Santa Fe with some very cool folks. I was the Loudmouth.

l_37b084d77b93b7efccbcd88a61c664f0.jpg

"Breaking Bad" where I play an off-duty cop.

l_1c92da38f9e8c3b52f612b3579cb2ed2.jpg

The upcoming BIG one for me, "Coyote County Loser"...already bound for festivals like AFI. I play the loser. VERY FUN.

l_a9949d2a647835566d5dacc160efd3f1.jpg

"Double Negative"...amazing little action short, filmed on the RED ONE. We put so much production value into this thing. I play a sleeper hitman.

l_2f704c675bdfc1bfd17e8716c4a59ba3.jpg

"Expectations" with our good pal Noeland!!! Finished project has hit a few wierd turns, but should see something soon.

l_55e74b00e74445d73c239f479d553ba7.jpg

I don't have any pics from "Transformers" OR "In Plain Sight" yet... :(

More to come.

Fred

Great thread...When you were on the set of Transformers did u get to see Meghan Fox in person? if u did lucky you :lol:...Id love to see you beat the hell out of Shia Labeouf in the movie too, but great idea for a thread, its nice to get a look at what kind of things someone in showbiz gets involved in.

Guest FADoss

No Fox on set. I got to see Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Zack Ward and several of the REAL special ops guys who were part of their team. Glenn Morshower, who played the Marine Colonel opposite me in the scene was SPECTACULAR and a true inspiration. Tom and Tim, if you EVER get a chance to book this guy he's phenomenal to have on set. He took me and the other young actor under his wing the whole time!

Here is Glenn's imdb site: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607703/

Man has been in EVERYTHING!

Oh, and I don't consider myself IN show business yet. :) I'm still a wannabe trying to break through. My day is coming though.

Fred

Love Glenn's work. I'd love to see someone have the balls to cast him as something other than a Secret Service, FBI, CIA, or DEA agent ;) Or Police Chief, Army Brass, etc . . .

I love the way he comes across so dry, like he lacks any kind of sense of humor though you get the feeling it's lurking just beneath the surface.

I'd love to see more of his range. He doesn't come across like a one-trick-pony.

Go Glenn!

- TB

Guest FADoss

Tim,

This is the film he is most proud of: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096744/

84 Charlie MoPic is fantastic. It's all filmed from the perspective of an Army camera operator following a squad of GIs on a mission in Vietnam. It's amazing.

If you've seen it...or once you see it, I have a very moving story Glenn shared with me about his performance in this one.

The movie is directed by the guy that lived it (of course they didn't have a camera man following them). He apparently had the option to go with a huge studio, but turned it down because they wanted a big director. It was HIS story and he wanted to tell it. So he went independent...back when you didn't do such things.

Fred

Tim,

This is the film he is most proud of: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096744/

84 Charlie MoPic is fantastic. It's all filmed from the perspective of an Army camera operator following a squad of GIs on a mission in Vietnam. It's amazing.

If you've seen it...or once you see it, I have a very moving story Glenn shared with me about his performance in this one.

The movie is directed by the guy that lived it (of course they didn't have a camera man following them). He apparently had the option to go with a huge studio, but turned it down because they wanted a big director. It was HIS story and he wanted to tell it. So he went independent...back when you didn't do such things.

Fred

Wow, I haven't seen this flick in almost forever. It's a great flick though. Not much else to say about it now, cept, if you haven't seen it? Your missing something very good.

Can't wait for the "REST of The STORY"...

Guest FADoss

Just got my headshots back from my recent shoot. You can go to my myspace page and check em out...if that kind of thing turns you on. :)

Fred

Ooooo yeeeeea... Headshots baby! I love it!

I just creeped myself out.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm guessing that AT LEAST 3 guys in tac gear get killed.

Maybe a dude with a nest of computers bites the dust too.

;)

Guest FADoss

Movie magic on the three guys. It LOOKS like a lot more. That and we're doing reshoots coming up that may lead to a higher body count. Who knows? :)

Fred

Just bought Transformers on HD DVD (yeah, I know, I should have backed Blu Ray, but HD is just better dammit!). What chapter(s) should I expect to see you in?

Looking forward to seeing it again, that was one fun movie.

Cool, I'll be looking out for you when I get a chance to sit down and watch it again :)

Guest FADoss
Cool, I'll be looking out for you when I get a chance to sit down and watch it again :)

Video is also on my myspace page. :)

Guest FADoss

For anyone who cares, I'll most likely be gone shortly after I post this...if I even get THIS out. I just couldn't manage to hold my tongue against (Edited) another member and it's cost me.

So, if you want to know what I'm up to, find me at: www.myspace.com/mksentinel

See you there!

Fred

I don't understand why you have to leave Fred. This makes no sense to me and I am getting very upset over this.

Guest FADoss
I don't understand why you have to leave Fred. This makes no sense to me and I am getting very upset over this.

Edited: I feel Fred should have his say but I'm editing out the personal grudge remarks. - TB

Mainly because (Edited - paraphrasing) I have issues with another member that cannot be resolved at this time.

I wonder how many people over at the imdb boards think Tom Jane is a dick JUST BECAUSE OF (edited) this member.

In NO way do I hold any ill will toward Tim or Tom for any of this. They don't owe me anything and if I'm fucking up their board with my presence then I should be expelled.

I've asked to just be deleted vs. banned or "suspended". As long as (Edited) the offending member is here I won't be able to behave myself. I've taken to saying all the shit everyone else WANTS to say but either refrains from saying for whatever reasons or just LEAVES in stead.

Anyway, I know where I stand, and THAT, apparently is on the outside.

Maybe I'll hang out at superherohype.com... (Edited) The aforementioned member was banned from that site in February of 08!

Fred

Well, that let's me know a few things. I want you to know Fred that I have always enjoyed your posts. I have watched everything you appeared in and I think you are a great person and I think it is a shame things have to sink to this level.

I never forget a huge celebrity saying this on his website: "Attendance IS NOT mandatory."

I am now going to start practicing that. I would like to thank the RAW Forum for providing me with a great time; [edited to add] I remember not the best of times when I first came here, but I did learn...LOL

I tell ya, just to be on the same board as Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet has been a dream come true for me; I have learned so much about film, acting, comic books and I will never forget you.

Take care,

Tiara