Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Inglorious Bastards

Empire magazine has debuted three new posters for Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. Opening August 21st, the war actioner stars Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Bruhl, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, B.J. Novak, Til Schweiger, Gedeon Burkhard, Paul Rust, Michael Bacall, Omar Doom, Sylvester Groth, Julie Dreyfus, Jacky Ido, August Diehl, Martin Wuttke, Richard Sammel, Christian Berkel, Sonke Mohring, Michael Fassbender, Mike Myers, Rod Taylor, Denis Menochet, Cloris Leachman, Maggie Cheung and Samuel L. Jackson.

32234.jpg

32235.jpg

32236.jpg

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53063

Interesting way to go with the posters. From the looks of these, and the trailer that I saw, it looks like this is going to be one of the bloodiest, most violent movies that Tarantino has ever do, if you can imagine anything more violent than Kill Bill.

And I'm not lovin' Brad Pitt's accent in this one. Way too much.

And I'm not lovin' Brad Pitt's accent in this one. Way too much.

Too much? I'm guessing you've not spent much time in various parts of the South.

Too much? I'm guessing you've not spent much time in various parts of the South.

It's a decent Appalachian accent.

I grew up in the South. It's still where I call home when I'm not working. And that is one of the worst Southern accents (if that's what it's supposed to be) that I have ever heard in the movies. The only one that is worse than that is Dan Akroyd in Driving Miss Daisy. Even Kyra Sedgwick in The Closer does a better job than that. It's horrible.

I know there are some people in some parts of the South who talk like that, but that is just too much.

"Ever' man in this platoon owes me a hunnerd Natzee scalps, an' I wunt my hunnerd scalps!"

:lol: Seriously?

I grew up in the South. It's still where I call home when I'm not working. And that is one of the worst Southern accents (if that's what it's supposed to be) that I have ever heard in the movies. The only one that is worse than that is Dan Akroyd in Driving Miss Daisy. Even Kyra Sedgwick in The Closer does a better job than that. It's horrible.

I know there are some people in some parts of the South who talk like that, but that is just too much.

"Ever' man in this platoon owes me a hunnerd Natzee scalps, an' I wunt my hunnerd scalps!"

:lol: Seriously?

Well, okay. To my yankee ear, I was (and continue to be) fascinated by how many variations of "Southern" accents there were, as we lived in various places down that-a-way. (Middle Tennesse at the moment.) In any one place, it varied according to how many generations a particular person's family had lived in an area, and from were they originated in the first place. Some accents were barely detectable. Others are so "stereotypic" of what I remember hearing on TV as a kid, it was almost laughable until I realized that particular person really DID talk that way all the time.

You know you've lived in the South too long when you talk to an old friend on the phone and suddenly realize they have a "Northern" accent!

Anyway, as far as Brad Pitt goes, my only complaint is that his accent isn't consistent. That much I'll give you. But over the top? I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Sadly, I think this will be pure Tarantino pork feed HAM.

Well, okay. To my yankee ear, I was (and continue to be) fascinated by how many variations of "Southern" accents there were, as we lived in various places down that-a-way. (Middle Tennesse at the moment.) In any one place, it varied according to how many generations a particular person's family had lived in an area, and from were they originated in the first place. Some accents were barely detectable. Others are so "stereotypic" of what I remember hearing on TV as a kid, it was almost laughable until I realized that particular person really DID talk that way all the time.

You know you've lived in the South too long when you talk to an old friend on the phone and suddenly realize they have a "Northern" accent!

Anyway, as far as Brad Pitt goes, my only complaint is that his accent isn't consistent. That much I'll give you. But over the top? I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Not trying to be disgreeable, skye, but yes, to my Southern ear, that accent is awful, and yes, a big part of the problem is that is inconsistent. But it is too much in my opinion. That's just one of my pet peeves, being from the South, to hear someone who obviously isn't from the South "try" to do an accent based on what they think it should sound like. Yes, there are dozens of hybrids of "Southern" accents, but I have never met anyone who talked like that in my life. It's just preposterous.

That's just my li'l pet peeve, is all. ;)

im hoping its a fun bad ass movie.

I like Resvore dogs, pulp Fition, True Romance and The hotel one with Tim Roth. Cant recall name? Oh and Kill Bills were cool i thought.

Other than that not to big on the others or some he has produced.

So again hoping this one is fun.

im hoping its a fun bad ass movie.

I like Resvore dogs, pulp Fition, True Romance and The hotel one with Tim Roth. Cant recall name? Oh and Kill Bills were cool i thought.

Other than that not to big on the others or some he has produced.

So again hoping this one is fun.

Me too, I'm just keeping my expectations low...

Quentin Tarantino's WWII epic Inglourious Basterds has been invited to play in competition at the Cannes Film Festival.

Variety says that Tarantino, a longtime favorite of the French, has accepted the offer and has told the film's backers -- the Weinstein Co. and Universal Pictures -- that the film will be ready for its world premiere during the May festival.

The Brad Pitt starrer, which follows a band of Jewish-American soldiers whose mission is to take down a group of Nazis, will be released on August 21.

Click here to watch the trailer, view photos, and get more info!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54154

AICN has 3 clips up, and the second in particular calms my worries about Pitts accent. I was hoping that once I saw the character in action it would work for me, and it does.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41134

"Watching Donnie beat Nazis to death is about the closest we get to going to the movies." FANTASTIC!!!

I can't wait to see this. The more footage I see, the better it's looking. Love the new trailer. Kind of wondering why they don't show a whole lot of more of Shosanna, she has as much if not more scenes in the script than the Basterds. I suppose they need to sell the "guys with guns" image.

One thing that I find odd are the people saying it's too talky, what can you expect from other than having lots of dialogue?

The really ironic part is that that's what QT's good at, and it's his trademark, the diolouge. It would be like panning Leone for having long periods of silence.

And after Kill Bill and Death Proof, it showed that he could do action really well and I guess people expect that from him now.

And after Kill Bill and Death Proof, it showed that he could do action really well and I guess people expect that from him now.

My cousin hated Death Proof and still does to no end. He claims there is no action in it. I guess he didn't pay attention to the last half of the film, it's all car chase.

Like you said Mike, I think Kill Bill opened a lot of doors for QT getting into the mainstream, or more like getting the attention of high schoolers, and now all they think he's about is action and gore.