Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Inglorious Bastards

Speaking of World War II movies, I gotta pick me up a copy of Inglorious Bastards.

Guest FADoss

Prepping for the Tarantino remake Mike? GOOD FUCKING LUCK finding the original on DVD... :(

Guest AdminGuyX

Moving some off topic posts from the Devil's Commando's thread, and also because I want to chat about this flick too.

;)

Being unfamiliar with this movie, I went over to IMDb and was surprised to see it listed as 2009. Then realized that that is going to be the remake and the original came out in 1978. Sounds interesting and I'll have to see if netflix is carrying it. (Here is a flick I KNOW my husband will watch with me.) But how do you guys feel about the Tarantino remake with Pitt and DiCaprio?

k-skye

Guest FADoss

Here we go again...why is Pitt questionable? He's one of the most talented actors out there today.

Fred

I heard Tarantino was talking to Bruce Willis; don't know if that is still a go though since Willis can't wait to do Pinkville.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm not surprised QT is talking to him. Not at all. I think he's a decent choice to lead a WW2 flick.

Pitt can open a film, and he can carry a film. He's got range as an actor, and has shown an ability to work well in an ensemble cast. He's a friggin' world wide super star to boot.

As for the younger thing, Pitt is starting to get gray around the egdes, he's not a kid any more, and he's bound to start getting the roles that deal with leadership and authority more than roles that deal with rebellion and angst.

Now, from what I understand Tarantino is making an entirley different film than the 70's version, sharing basically only a title. How do you guys feel about THAT?

It's not like the original is high drama or anything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cGaYDwpXf4

My feeling is that Tarantino is probably going for a more realistic and gritty, though stylized, approach.

I've always felt Pitt was underrated in ability and overrated in looks. His talent is bleached out by how he looks. Most who like him could give a shit if he could act. Personally, I'm a fan. Films that prove he has range are: Kalifornia, Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, Johnny Suede, Se7en, Legends Of The Fall, Interview With The Vampire, Snatch & True Romance (Which QT wrote and was where he first met Pitt).

The guy has talent, he just needs to find some films that go back to his roots, more character acting and less box office smash blockbusters.

And Leo, well, honestly I can say the guy has talent. I feel about him the same way I do Brad, and if they're both in this film I can honestly say that it would be interesting to watch.

JO

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm far from being a Leo fan (or even a Brad fan) but in the right roles he seems to work.

Blood Diamond, not so much.

I thought he did well in The Departed as a struggling cop, and I liked him in Gangs of NY well enough too. Catch Me If You Can - he was OK.

Since we don't know the roles they may or may not be playing in the QT version of this, it's really hard for me to pass judgement just yet.

I could see Pitt working in this. I have the script, but have not read it. I don't plan on it unless I get really bored one night, or if the film gets pushed back considerably. I ususally wait until after I've seen the film. That said, the geek in me really wanted to know how it's going to play out because QT has only been talking about it since Kill Bill. I glanced a few scenes and I think Pitt will work.

This is not a remake if anyone was wondering. Totally new, just swiped a title. As for casting, oh man, QT's list is a mile long. Originally his dream cast was Bo Svenson (he was the preacher in Kill Bill), Adam Sandler, Tim Roth, Willis, Stallone, Swartzenegger, Michael Madsen, Harvey Keitel, and a few more that escape me.

Qt's called it his Mt. Everest, a film that will be hard to pull off, but worth it in every aspect. He hasn't dissapointed me yet, and yes, I did think Death Proof kicked ass.

Yeah, the title is all that's been taken from the original. QT's is suppose to be about a regiment of Diry Dozen-esque Jewish soldiers going into Nazi occupied France and getting 100 Nazi scalps each.

I haven't read the script and I don't plan, but what I heard was that thee is a character called the Bear Jew, for some reason I would love to see Seth Rogen in that part.

As for Leo, that was just a casting rumor apparently. The character that they were saying he was up is suppose to be some older hardened Nazi, which Leo doesn't really fit the bill of.

I read the opening scene. The part Leo had been approched for was a Nazi general nick-named "The Jew Hunter". From the opening (that was the only full scene I read) there was no mention of his age. I'd really like to see Leo in this part, it was a killer opening and I think Leo would fit nice, esspecially since it plays against type for him.

Guest FADoss
I can name you 50 actors that shit all over him.

20 of them YOUNGER than he is.

-TL

Please waste your time by doing so. It amuses me. Did you SEE "Babel"? Not to mention the series of other films listed. I mean, the guy is stellar. And I'm sure Dolph Lundgren is on your list...which completely would disqualify your opinion. :P

Fred

TL-

I can name you 50 actors that shit all over him.

20 of them YOUNGER than he is.

dude, what's it with you and shitting? you addicted to laxatives of something? The Punisher Warzone thread almost made me throw up there was so much shitting involved. Talkin' about shitting trucks and stuff. what the fuck, yo?

sveinx

To no surprise really, Eli Roth has just been cast as an American soldier. Eli and Quentin have been inseperable since Quentin gave rave reveiws for Cabin Feaver. I wish they'd get some more people to sign on to this.

Quentin said that he wants to show this at the '09 Cannes film festival. Anyone else think that's just wishful thinking? This movie is supposed to be huge.

To no surprise really, Eli Roth has just been cast as an American soldier. Eli and Quentin have been inseperable since Quentin gave rave reveiws for Cabin Feaver. I wish they'd get some more people to sign on to this.

Quentin said that he wants to show this at the '09 Cannes film festival. Anyone else think that's just wishful thinking? This movie is supposed to be huge.

Yeah, considering that apparently his Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! remake is suppose to be his next movie. Oh and that one is starring Britney Spears.

Only one of the hundred films QT talks about doing, but never gets around to. I kind of wish he could find great new talents to guide and make some of these films. QT could write and produce. The man has great ideas, but when it comes to making a film, it seems like it takes forever.

More casting. Pegg and Krumholtz would be good additions, I still would love it if Seth Rogen got a part in it as one of the Jewish soldiers.