Guest AdminGuyX

HUNG

Hallelujiah! Wonderful news. I'm getting cable now.

:lol: Now I'll definitely have to get HBO too. Somehow I got a free month of it and Cinemax, and I was watching a ton of movies and hardly doing anything else! So if I get HBO all the time, you'll probably never hear from me again! :lol:

Here are a couple of pertinent excerpts from the Hollywood Reporter article that Mike V kindly posted; thanks for the news Mike!:

"The order for the project...is said to be for 10 episodes, with the launch eyed for June."

and

"Most of the actors in the pilot, including Jane...will continue on the series, slated to begin production early next year."

Jen

Cool shit. Probably have to wait a year until it hits the tube over here.

Congratulations on getting your first series, Thomas! Now I'll have to get HBO for sure! :P

Best wishes. Looking forward to seeing you on the small screen. (Now between your show and Patricia's, I'll have to clear out lots more space on my DVR. :lol:)

"Thomas Jane is ready to become a different kind of punisher."

I got a laugh out of reading that on AICN.

Congratulations, Tom, on HBO picking up your series. It's every actor's dream...STEADY WORK! :P

Now, about you and Nick Fury...?

Nomad

I noticed that too, Jayesse! It took me a while to read the article because my eyes kept drifting upwards to the top of the page. :lol:

Here's a link to a Canadian-sourced article that has some more details about Tom's character and plot, what they were looking for in the lead actor, and that the series will start shooting in March and air in June:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...90112.whung0113

Jen

I'm canceling Linda's HBO. :-)

truth be told, i would not be doing this show if it interfered with my film career. it's a half hour, single camera show (meaning it'll be shot on film, like a movie, not with three vid cams.) it's 13 episodes, so i'll only be working 3 - 4 months out of the year on the show, leaving plenty of time for a film or two, and all the comic stuff we're doing with Raw, as well as the series i'm developing for sci fi channel - VOYAGE TO SAVAGE PLANET.

Why am i doing small screen? - mediumfan nailed it: the material is great. and finally someone is interested in another side of me than kicking someone's ass or killing ugly monsters. i LOVE that shit, but there's more to a meal than a burger and fries, ya know? sometimes i just wanna freaking steak.

and hell yes i've wanted to work with alexander payne since i saw election. I auditioned for about schmidt and sideways. alexander has always brought me in on whatever he's doing - i dunno why but i've always made him laugh. so i don't care if the screen is big or small, when he called i jumped at it.

the writing is kick ass and the characters are great. and yeah it's a world of dick jokes for years to come, but actors learn pretty quickly that whatEVER you're doing, you become the target for a lot of banal shit. and hey, it could be worse. i could be doing a show about a guy with an asshole on his forehead...

I had to copy this quote from the article above:

"Asked what attributes they were looking for while casting the lead, E1 television executive John Morayniss quipped they were searching “for someone who had multiple sides to him – a certain level of confidence and attractiveness, but also a vulnerable side. … We wanted a character who could evolve and grow – no pun intended – over an arc for the series.”"

That's very encouraging to me. Sound like a very multidimensional character in a realistic storyline. Also, nice that there is a TV executive out there who has some brains. Always a plus.

Hollywood Reporter is reporting that actress Anne Heche will be playing Tom's character's ex-wife in Hung. Here's a link to the article:

"Production on "Hung" is slated to begin in mid-March, with the premiere eyed for June."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...6824ddfa6bae208

Jen

Hollywood Reporter is reporting that actress Anne Heche will be playing Tom's character's ex-wife in Hung. Here's a link to the article:

"Production on "Hung" is slated to begin in mid-March, with the premiere eyed for June."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...6824ddfa6bae208

Jen

You beat me to it, Jen. I read that and was gonna mention it here. That's cool. Anne Heche is a really good actress. Can't wait to see her and Thomas working together. Can't wait to see Thomas in this show period. :P

I was gonna give up my HBO subscription, but when I heard about this show, I just had to hang on to it, even if it does cost me a little more every month.

HSre's a lil more info about Hung, with more at the link:

"Payne is currently directing episodes of Hung... coach will be played

95% by Thomas Jane and 5% by a prosthetic, and Anne Heche will co-star

as his ex-wife. A real shame for Kristin Bauer - she played the ex role

in the pilot but was booted when the show was picked up and her scenes

will be re-shot with Heche instead."

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/01/paul-g...l-streep-sacha-

baron-cohen-and-reese-witherspoon-cast-in-alexander-paynes-downsizing/

Jen

Too bad it's not 100% Thomas Jane... :lol:

That they are even remarking about the "percentage Jane versus percentage other" cracks me up like crazy! I guess they can't really slyly allude to it if the show is called "Hung" afterall ... B)

Too funny...too bad i didn't rate a percentage, being "Stunt Cock" and all, heh heh

Jeez Parker hahaha. I can just imagine them saying "Alright lets bring in the stunt cock"

That actually only happened once--the scene where he actually takes the pic of his unit to advertise. Thomas was filming another scene, so they asked me to do it.

So Anne Heche, who has a role in Hung, just gave birth. Doesn't she want some down time?! :lol:

http://www.popeater.com/television/article...cond-son/379268

She's playing Tom's character's ex-wife, I think, so maybe she's not in all the episodes, or in them that much...

Oh, also, I forget where I read this now, but someone posted that the show is a 1/2 hour long, not an hour, for each episode. I wonder which it is.

Jen

Oh, also, I forget where I read this now, but someone posted that the show is a 1/2 hour long, not an hour, for each episode. I wonder which it is.

Jen

You think it would be "longer" (okay, bad joke). Not too many shows on HBO are only 1/2 hour. Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the only two that come to mind, but I'm sure there's been others. The one hour format seems to be the format of choice, so I hope that's the route they went.