Guest AdminGuyX

HUNG

I haven't seen Hung yet since I don't have HBO. Waiting patiently for the DVDs to be released. But I still like to read all the articles you post, Jen. I don't mind the spoilers. In fact, I look forward to seeing what my reaction will be to the show compared to all the opinions and descriptions I've read.

America's favorite male gigolo, though. That's a difficult tag to be saddles with. (Aren't all gigolos male? Anyway....)

Hi k-skye -

I'm in the same boat with waiting for the DVD release because I can't afford HBO and I have a really simple cable set-up that works and I don't want to mess with it and pay more money - but I will spring for the DVDs once Hung comes out.

Thanks about the articles that I'm posting. I'm reading all the spoilers too beforehand, but I don't mind. can't wait to do a marathon session of watching Hung! :D

Jen

I'm reading all the spoilers too beforehand, but I don't mind. can't wait to do a marathon session of watching Hung! :D

Jen

We picked up HBO just for Hung. Usually, we wait for DVD so we can do the marathon thing too. Glad I got to catch it when I did, but at the same time, waiting a week (or sometimes two) for the next episode was a pain in the ass. Can't wait to pick it up on DVD.

I hope the DVD will be released soon, hopefully with some meaty extras. :P

Just get HBO on demand, you can watch all the episodes, or any other HBO shows anytime you want, there's your marathon!

BTW, Thomas, your characterization of Ray is the new American Tragic Hero. Keep it up man.

Just get HBO on demand, you can watch all the episodes, or any other HBO shows anytime you want, there's your marathon!

BTW, Thomas, your characterization of Ray is the new American Tragic Hero. Keep it up man.

I don't have On Demand myself, but know someone who does and I did notice that Hung was listed, although at the time it was after the 1st couple of episodes.

Does that mean, if I use On Demand, that I can watch an episode within a certain window of time, for a certain price?

Sorry to sound like I live under a rock, but... :lol:

Jen

If you have HBO and HBO On Demand, you can watch whatever is on there whenever you want. It doesn't cost extra, just whatever your monthly HBO subscription costs. They have a few dozen movies on there and episodes from all of their series. But things come and go.

Thanks for that info. :)

Here's a blurb from a blogger about Hung:

"The majority of us are struggling to find joy and wanting to make ends meet in

these harsh economic times. It brings to light how out of hardship some

desperate moves are often times considered..."

http://www.bentgirl.com/2009/09/hbos-hung....12013bdb1c24780

Jen

I wonder when Season 2 starts filming... I wonder if it will be another 10-episode arc... I wonder how long it takes to film a typical episode of the show... I wonder if they will change the opening credits for the 2nd season... I wonder if the husband and wife duo who created the show will write (or have already written) all the episodes... I wonder who will direct each episode; if it will be various directors or not... I wonder how much of it will be shot in Detroit area again... I wonder if I'm wondering about all this too soon after the 1st season finale...

Jen

I wonder when Season 2 starts filming... I wonder if it will be another 10-episode arc... I wonder how long it takes to film a typical episode of the show... I wonder if they will change the opening credits for the 2nd season... I wonder if the husband and wife duo who created the show will write (or have already written) all the episodes... I wonder who will direct each episode; if it will be various directors or not... I wonder how much of it will be shot in Detroit area again... I wonder if I'm wondering about all this too soon after the 1st season finale...

Jen

I wonder how often you wonder Jen! ;)

Hopefully all of your wonders come true darlin

I wonder how often you wonder Jen! ;)

Hopefully all of your wonders come true darlin

Hee hee - I was just dreaming there for a moment about the logistics of what a 2nd season of Hung would be like - you know, the story behind the story, because I'm sure the cast and crew and creators could go on about all that! :)

Jen

Almost forgot - here's a link to a blogger's review of Hung, season 1:

"Rather than continue to find new complications that might lead to Ray being caught, however, Hung instead turned inwards, and rather beautifully so. The series began to go further into the souls of Ray’s clients, providing some fascinating character studies..."

http://www.robwillreview.com/?p=1686

Jen

Hey, Jen, I've been meaning to ask you. Have you had a chance to get caught up on the first season yet? What's yer take on it? :P

Hi Mediumfan -

Ah, I've been sooo busy lately that I haven't caught up with all the episodes yet! But I will soon, I promise. ;) I did see the 1st 2 episodes and I liked the laid-back feeling of the show. It's not hyper; it's not flashy. It seems more "real", even with its premise, than most (all?) primetime shows on these days, and that's what I like about it in general.

It's human interaction and relationships and their development and breakdowns, and I really enjoy the core of Ray and his relationship with his kids.

I'll let you know what I think about other episodes when I get the chance to see them (I'm hoping for a marathon viewing this weekend). :)

Have you had a chance to watch all the episodes yet? I know you've seen a lot of them, but not sure if you were able to see them all...

Jen

Yeah, I saw them all, Jen. I loved them. Like you said, it's not flashy or anything. I guess what I like about it is that it's funny without trying to be too funny. The situation that Ray finds himself in makes it more real and the real heart of the show is watching this "everyman" trying to deal with this situation in the best way he can. He's at the end of his rope, but he refuses to let go, and he's willing to do whatever is necessary to hang on. His never-say-die attitude is kind of infectious and you can't help but root for him. By the time you see what happens later in the season, you can't help but feel for the guy and want to cheer him on and see him overcome all the obstacles in his path.

The other thing that I really love about it is the unlikely, somewhat unusual, friendship that develops between he and Tanya. They're two disparate people, and yet they find a way to work together to solve their common, yet uniquely different, dilemmas.

It's also great to watch Ray's journey of self-discovery, as he realizes just how important his "gift" is, and how much good he can do for women.

I won't say anything else because I don't want to spoil it for you but I really think you'll like it.

Just wanted to pass along this message from a TJ fan who posted this info to my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group:

Hi everyone! HUNG will premiere this coming saturday in LatinAmerica.

There is a Facebook fan page, can u help us increase the numbers there. We are sure everybody will love Thomas and Hung as we do...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hung-Latinoa...05778236?ref=ts

Jen

Also, just another point that Tom mentioned in the recent JoBlo.com Podcast - the 2nd season of Hung will probably film between February and May 2010. Just FYI. :)

Jen

Here's the link to an article about the downturn of economy and how certain shows capture/reflect this, including Hung:

"Arguably the show most informed by the recession is HBO's "Hung," a comedy about a Detroit high school basketball coach who turns to male prostitution to make enough money to fix his house and provide for his teenage kids."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...yiUHgAD9B1PP1G0

Jen

I got a chuckle this morning when I was flipping through Tim art book Archetype. I was re-reading the intro and about half way in he talks about working on Blade 2, where right next door Alexander Payne was rewriting About Schmidt, and in the parking lot he was almost run over by Anne Heche. Small world :D

I got a chuckle this morning when I was flipping through Tim art book Archetype. I was re-reading the intro and about half way in he talks about working on Blade 2, where right next door Alexander Payne was rewriting About Schmidt, and in the parking lot he was almost run over by Anne Heche. Small world :D

Fun-ee! :lol: I guess it the entertainment milieu it's also more of a 'small world'.

Jen

Blogger's "Best of the Year" list includes wins for Hung for "Best Title Sequence of the Year" and "Best New Double Act of the Year": Ray Drecker and Tanya Skagle:

"...it became appointment viewing just because of the wonderful work of Thomas Jane and Jane Adams. Their chemistry, and their relentless bickering and grudging friendship, was the thing that made Hung..."

and

"Thomas Jane was given moments of pathos which he has never really had a chance to play before, and he excelled, especially in the season finale."

http://shadesofcaruso.wordpress.com/2009/1...-bits-and-bobs/

Jen

So we can expect 2nd season out when??

Also, just another point that Tom mentioned in the recent JoBlo.com Podcast - the 2nd season of Hung will probably film between February and May 2010. Just FYI. :)

Jen

So is HBO showing repeats of the season one episodes? Every time I listen to Thomas doing an interview for Dark Country, they inevitably bring up Hung. It's like free advertising for HBO.

Yeah, and even when Patricia does interviews now, it almost inevitably comes up. Great publicity for the show, and HBO must be loving that they don't have to pay for it, lol!

Just wish the same thing would happen for Patricia's show. It's doing pretty well, but I wish it would get more media coverage.

Hung is a really cool serie...did't thought that i would like it so much))

i am a enthusiastic f*cking fantasic f*cker :D